Lawro & CC predictions v Pie Eaters (A)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lawro & CC predictions v Pie Eaters (A)

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:08 pm

No Merson this week, so Champagne Charlie Nicholas is the one to give his thoughts

Lawro is pitting his wits against a different guest for each round of this season's FA Cup and his opponent this time is YouTube star Tekkerz Kid.

Lawro says

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42964291

Wigan have knocked out two Premier League teams out on the way to the fifth round but this is completely different gravy. Manchester City played on Tuesday, they will be well rested but they will probably leave a couple of first-team players out just for insurance.

I'm expecting a great atmosphere and a full house at Wigan, which is good for them, but you would argue both sides have bigger fish to fry. Wigan will want to get out of League One and promoted as champions.

Lawro's prediction: 0-3
Tekkerz Kid's prediction: 0-4.

Champagne Charlie says

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... ited-again

Wigan will have the great memories to motivate them here from their FA Cup win. However, I think this will be another canter for Pep Guardiola's men, with Leroy Sane back in the mix, perhaps resting Sergio Aguero.

With no midweek game it should be a pretty strong City side so I can only see a third successive defeat for Wigan and City to move another step closer to the quadruple.

Charlie predicts: 0-3 and Sane to score first (18/1 with Sky Bet)
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Lawro & CC predictions v Pie Eaters (A)

Postby City64 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:19 pm

The town of Wigan is absolutely buzzing about City coming to the DW. The rugby league team Wigan Warriors are down under in Oz playing a couple of games so the whole town although primarily a rugby town is focused on the FA cup v us . The DW pitch is pretty poor and will be a leveller to a degree so it won’t be plain sailing ! It will be close on a full house and the DW will be rocking , proper FA cup tie this make no mistake !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Chinners » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:20 pm

It always makes me nervous when Lawro doesn't go for 2-0
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:23 pm

I have booked away hospitality for this. £59 for a 2 course meal, programme, ticket in away end etc... Good value and still some available if you give Wigan a call.
Wonderwall

Postby Chinners » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:26 pm

Wonderwall wrote:I have booked away hospitality for this. £59 for a 2 course meal, programme, ticket in away end etc... Good value and still some available if you give Wigan a call.

Wonder what the 'pie of the day' is in that meal deal?
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:27 pm

Chinners wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:I have booked away hospitality for this. £59 for a 2 course meal, programme, ticket in away end etc... Good value and still some available if you give Wigan a call.

Probably meat and potatoe with a Bovril chaser
Wonderwall

Postby City64 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:34 pm

I had a look at that WW , looks good value ! Meal will honestly be pie and chips or sausage and mash that’s how they roll at Wigan we did similar for a rugby league game last year . DW a lot cheaper than the Etihad , decent beer for £3.20 a pint aswell .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Chinners » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:51 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Chinners wrote:

Well obviously for any starter in Wigan ..... I was refering to the main course
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:07 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Chinners wrote:

:lol:
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:23 pm

City64 wrote:

I had a look at that WW , looks good value ! Meal will honestly be pie and chips or sausage and mash that’s how they roll at Wigan we did similar for a rugby league game last year . DW a lot cheaper than the Etihad , decent beer for £3.20 a pint aswell .

Should be decent enough, get parking in the official car park too, so no wandering around near Macdonald's on the trading estate worrying if I would get a ticket for parking there on match day
Wonderwall

Postby City64 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:55 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
City64 wrote:

Should be decent enough, get parking in the official car park too, so no wandering around near Macdonald's on the trading estate worrying if I would get a ticket for parking there on match day

Very good safe parking but only downside you wont be able to get out for at least an hour after the game as it gets grid locked after games . Stay behind and get another couple of bovrils in ! :D 8-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:20 pm

Wigan's form has dropped off lately. They might be up for the cup, but I am hoping Lawro is spot on.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby nottsblue » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:45 pm

Whats happened to DC. Wonder if Sky have seen the light and sacked him
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:52 pm

I hope we can win this one. Wigan fans hate City, and I mean they fucking hate us. Never known anything quite so nasty.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby City64 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:04 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:I hope we can win this one. Wigan fans hate City, and I mean they fucking hate us. Never known anything quite so nasty.

Only the thick inbred scouse overspill plastic cunts who have never been to a game and the thick inbred rag cunts who also have never been to game .......... proper Wiganers have no problem with us to be fair .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:39 pm

City64 wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:I hope we can win this one. Wigan fans hate City, and I mean they fucking hate us. Never known anything quite so nasty.

Only the thick inbred scouse overspill plastic cunts who have never been to a game and the thick inbred rag cunts who also have never been to game .......... proper Wiganers have no problem with us to be fair .

I have a big gang of mates from Shevvy and Standish mainly. Funnily enough, when I first got to know them they were exactly that........ dipper or rag fans who never went to a game in their lives. About 15 years ago they started going to watch Wigan and became "fans." We all went to Beni late last year (70 of us) and I had to listen to them saying how shite the premier league is and how City have ruined football. I have no doubt if the dippers or the rags were top of the league they would be quite happy with the Premier. Honestly, they fucking hate us but, as you say, they are rags and dippers at heart.
South Stand Balti

Postby City64 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:51 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
City64 wrote:

I have a big gang of mates from Shevvy and Standish mainly. Funnily enough, when I first got to know them they were exactly that........ dipper or rag fans who never went to a game in their lives. About 15 years ago they started going to watch Wigan and became "fans." We all went to Beni late last year (70 of us) and I had to listen to them saying how shite the premier league is and how City have ruined football. I have no doubt if the dippers or the rags were top of the league they would be quite happy with the Premier. Honestly, they fucking hate us but, as you say, they are rags and dippers at heart.

Hahaha that's it in nutshell pal , proper thick cunts . Got a few in the local village sports bar (Standish Lower Ground ) they don't say fuck all now just turn away as they now realise City are too good and I have all the answers whether the thick cunts like it or not :lol: :lol: . Came close to dropping one or two a couple of years ago but we all understand each other now ;-) thick ignorant cunts ! :roll:
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:11 pm

City64 wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
City64 wrote:

Hahaha that's it in nutshell pal , proper thick cunts . Got a few in the local village sports bar (Standish Lower Ground ) they don't say fuck all now just turn away as they now realise City are too good and I have all the answers whether the thick cunts like it or not :lol: :lol: . Came close to dropping one or two a couple of years ago but we all understand each other now ;-) thick ignorant cunts ! :roll:

He he....... good work!!
South Stand Balti

Postby john68 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:35 am

Chinners wrote:

Hopefully the pie of the day will be 'HUMBLE', from whence the the pie eater moniker derived.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby sheblue » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:11 am

nottsblue wrote:Whats happened to DC. Wonder if Sky have seen the light and sacked him

On the piss?
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Return to The Maine Football forum