A slice of FA Cup chat

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

A slice of FA Cup chat

Postby CuteMancs » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:11 pm

A few words of wisdom from the pie eaters. Well not quite wisdom, but some interesting thoughts around their league priorities. I’m just thrilled it’s on TV, hopefully a good start to the week

COME ON CITY!!!

Referee: Anthony Taylor
Assistants: Steve Child and Edward Start
Fourth Official: Jeremy Simpson

And the rest...

Can we have 14 men on pitch says Cookie

Maybe Cook used our advantageous league position to hatch a plan. Throwing the last 2 games whilst playing shockingly bad in order to lull City into a false sense of security! Could be the master plan of the season!

I don't think Cook is that bothered about the cup - judging from his remarks before the last match…If it hinders our promotion I'm sure he'd happily throw the game.

Couldn't care less about this match now...it has already apparently cost us league points so it is an inconvenience or an irrelevance. I would play the youth team and get it out the way.

A lot of folk have lost interest with the City game, but just say we do pull off a shock...a massive shock and win on Monday? …These boards would be in meltdown if we win, so lets have some early predictions just in case the doom mongers change their minds come 10pm on Monday…I'll start with some positivity as usual.....1-0 Latics Ooooh aaah!

i feel we are due a good hiding so im going city third time lucky 6-0

Fully agree with Moonay's assessment. Incredibly disappointing week and pretty much everyone has been off the boil. But it happens for many reasons throughout a season, and it's not going to diminish my excitement for this game. I'm just hoping the last two defeats haven't been down to us trying out new tactics to cope with City. They'll eat up our knee high crosses all day. I still expect them to score 3, but i expected that in 2013 too!

Ironically the worst possible result isn’t even a defeat unless it’s an absolute battering which it may well be. It would be a draw. Another extra game, another postponement and another distraction for the players who will play as if they are made of chocolate in the games before it before losing the replay.

Agree with Blackmamba the Blackpool game is far more important than the City game for us as a club, yes the City game brings us the limelight but we must go up this season

Love the cup but that was the worst possible draw we could of had. That pitch will be a good leveler though.

It would be quite funny if Cook made wholesale changes and played a much changed side. I think we need a formation change anyway and maybe bring in Perkins in front of back 4 in his DM role. Then id sacrifice Massey for another CM...Fulton? Alongside Power. 4-1-3-1-1 formation

Wouldn't surprise me to see us go 5 across the back TBH

Anyone willing to predict the score? …On paper we should be beaten by about 12 - 0, especially after Monday nights results. But both clubs have points to prove after our last two Cup meetings. I would like to think that City do not appreciate the passion, determination and tenacity of Wigan and our supporters…I hope for a bit of luck ie a Wigan penalty and a City player sent off that turns the game our way (it happens)! …And on that basis I predict a 2 - 2 draw.

Heard a rumour the squad are away on holiday again and the side that faced Middlesborough Youth are going to be playing against Citeh. One of the best home performances this season. That would get the pricks on TV talking.

To counter City's expansive passing game would something like this help us Just a couple of yards off the width would make the pitch seem extra small compared to the Etihad. Is it still allowed to change a pitch size from game to game?

What’s wrong the the pitch? It’s holding up pretty well compared to previous seasons with no complaints from Bournemouth or West Ham.

A freezing cold night complete with horizontal rain and a few hard tackles should see the joy boys out of their comfort zone!

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: A slice of FA Cup chat

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:03 pm

' I would like to think that City do not appreciate the passion, determination and tenacity of Wigan and our supporters'
'A freezing cold night complete with horizontal rain and a few hard tackles should see the joy boys out of their comfort zone!'

These guys haven't seen us perform (Anfield only place where any of this rang true).
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:09 pm

They will eat up our knee high crosses all game.

Of course we will. Our defenders must have practised that in training all the time when Navas was here
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:53 pm

Not looked forward to a Monday this much for ages. Weekend has been weird with no game.

Sterling and otter are rested apparently. Hope we have a nice straightforward victory to prepare for Sunday. Come on city.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:59 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Not looked forward to a Monday this much for ages. Weekend has been weird with no game.

Sterling and otter are rested apparently. Hope we have a nice straightforward victory to prepare for Sunday. Come on city.

Would have loved to have known Raza wasn’t playing before I bought a ticket!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:10 pm

Mase wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Not looked forward to a Monday this much for ages. Weekend has been weird with no game.

There are enough class players to fill the void. Not like when I went to watch us under Hughes and had to settle for Santa Cruz instead of Robinho :?
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby john@staustell » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:03 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
Mase wrote:

There are enough class players to fill the void. Not like when I went to watch us under Hughes and had to settle for Santa Cruz instead of Robinho :?

I think it will be a strong team apart from those 2 missing (and Bravo playing obviously). Not sure having Laporte and Sane respectively as replacements is much of a disadvantage.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Return to The Maine Football forum