De Bruyne vs Salah

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: De Bruyne vs Salah

Postby Original Dub » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:58 pm

As a goal scorer, unbelievable... and it looks like salah will win the golden boot.

It will be tight between him and kane/aguero.

None of which are Kevin de bruyne this season.
Original Dub

Postby mr_nool » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Salah got me 52 points for my fantasy team today.

Kevin carries us during parts of the autumn, but the last couple of months Silva has taken over that mantle.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:40 pm

Just checked my FFT as I didn't change it due to thinking there was no games on and fuck me, Salah has only gone and netted me 58 points. Problem is, everybody else will have him and I've got probably 3 more players to play this week!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby kinsey » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:22 am

Have a look at this article - http://www.planetfootball.com/quick-rea ... ague-apps/ - and learn that Paul has the record, taking 141 games to get to 50 Premier League assists.

And then realise that KDB alteady has 42 assists in 88 games! Look at the calibre of the names in that top 10 and the fact not only is he likely to break this record, it looks like he is going to smash It!
kinsey
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Sparklehorse » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:42 am

I think Salah will win poty and I have to say that he’s worthy. A brilliant debut season and clearly a world class striker. 8 games to go and things may change, but as much as I detest the club he plays for I hold my hands up and say “FIX” :P :P :lol:
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:46 am

it's hilarious that the 2 front runners are jose rejects!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Green & Blue » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:09 am

Salah has had a fantastic season but KDB has been on another level, his all round contribution and work rate has been incredible.

Some rise for Salah to be performing at the level he is though. He was decent in Italy but nobody could’ve forseen him having this kind of a season.

Will he be a one season wonder or his he the real deal?
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:17 am

Green & Blue wrote:Salah has had a fantastic season but KDB has been on another level, his all round contribution and work rate has been incredible.

Some rise for Salah to be performing at the level he is though. He was decent in Italy but nobody could’ve forseen him having this kind of a season.

Will he be a one season wonder or his he the real deal?

Whether he is a one season wonder is largely irrelevant for PotY though if in that one season he has been a wonder. And 36 goals and counting, together with nearly 10 assists, suggests he has had a belting season. Credit where its due
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Dubciteh » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:22 am

Sparklehorse wrote:I think Salah will win poty and I have to say that he’s worthy. A brilliant debut season and clearly a world class striker. 8 games to go and things may change, but as much as I detest the club he plays for I hold my hands up and say “FIX” :P :P :lol:

Completely disagree. Salah has been incredible fair enough but there is only one winner of this award and its the player who has been the best player in world football since august.

The horrible thing is the voting is done around now so people will only remember salahs goals.

It will be a travesty if kdb doesnt win this.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Justified logic » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:05 am

Six of one, half a dozen of the other, but Kev edges it for me because he has been a game changer, taking the oppo on from our own half and running at them with determination whereas Salah I see mainly as being deadly around the box, fed by and feeding others (like Aguero in that role, but better than Aguero at the feeding part).
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:08 am

Probably need to look at what Salah’s goals will have helped Liverpool to win......fuck all.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dubciteh » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:17 am

Mase wrote:Probably need to look at what Salah’s goals will have helped Liverpool to win......fuck all.

Yep. 4 goals agaisnt a rotten watford, no use of hes stuck in ashley youngs pocket when they need him. Aguero gets 5 against watford and no one bats an eye lid now people are comparing salah to messi!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby PeterParker » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:28 am

CTID Hants wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Whisper it quietly but KDB has been off colour for a month or so now. Salah now has 36 goals. If he gets PotY I don't think you can argue too much against it.

He is the one dipper I'd love to have at our place

Will be interesting to see if salah can get even close to that next season, I'd still be gutted for KDB though I guess he will have many more seasons to get it...

If we win three trophies and scouse will get fuckall, but Salah takes the top prize it would be a blow. Tranny got the last 3 ballon of gold because Real was better than Barca, not because he was better than Messi.
That should stand here also.

That being said, I remember when the FA gave the player of the year trophy to Scott Parker. There is no bigger bunch of clueless cunts that the FA.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:32 am

Mase wrote:Probably need to look at what Salah’s goals will have helped Liverpool to win......fuck all.

PoTY is (theoretically, at least) judged on performance in the Prem only, and is normally awarded 2 or 3 weeks before the season ends, meaning the only trophies players can have won before it's awarded are the Charity Shield and League Cup, neither of which should (again, theoretically) be taken into consideration.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby patrickblue » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:44 am

With KDB being a bit anonymous (by his standards) recently, and Salah scoring for fun in the same period, the red bias should see Mo safely over the line.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Sparklehorse » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:11 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
Sparklehorse wrote:I think Salah will win poty and I have to say that he’s worthy. A brilliant debut season and clearly a world class striker. 8 games to go and things may change, but as much as I detest the club he plays for I hold my hands up and say “FIX” :P :P :lol:

Completely disagree. Salah has been incredible fair enough but there is only one winner of this award and its the player who has been the best player in world football since august.

The horrible thing is the voting is done around now so people will only remember salahs goals.

It’s kind of what I’m trying to say.
It will be reminiscent of when Gerrard got the vote over Toure, because all the red media thought they’d won the title. The vote should be at the end of the season.
Salah is clearly a great player, but it’s Kev for me all day long.
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:20 pm

Sparklehorse wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

It’s kind of what I’m trying to say.
It will be reminiscent of when Gerrard got the vote over Toure, because all the red media thought they’d won the title. The vote should be at the end of the season.
Salah is clearly a great player, but it’s Kev for me all day long.

We only see highlights of Salah whereas we watch KDB every week and analyze his performances microscopically.

I agree his recent performances look lethargic in comparison to a month or two ago, but let’s see him at the business end of the season.

I watched the Rags v Scouse and I thought it was cowardly how Salah hid in this the greatest game of all time.

Even when a bit off, Kev doesn’t hide.

Couldn’t care less who wins these pointless awards but I know who I’d prefer in our team.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Mase » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:30 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:

PoTY is (theoretically, at least) judged on performance in the Prem only, and is normally awarded 2 or 3 weeks before the season ends, meaning the only trophies players can have won before it's awarded are the Charity Shield and League Cup, neither of which should (again, theoretically) be taken into consideration.

City could win the league two or three weeks before the season ends. So the above makes no sense.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dubciteh » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:49 pm

Mase wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

City could win the league two or three weeks before the season ends. So the above makes no sense.

We have won the league already and kev should have been given his award in december thats how far of everyone else he is.
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Dubciteh » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:51 pm

Its amazing how one game has swung it for salah a couple of weeks ago him And kane were neck and neck in second place at 6/1 and kdb wa miles odds on favorite.

In that time salah has gone missing against utd and scored four. Kev has won the league cup and performed at a high level against arsenal and chelsea as we crushed both.

Mad really.
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum