***wafc v mcfc official fa cup match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***wafc v mcfc official fa cup match thread***

Postby zabbadabbado » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:19 am

Fucking disgusting, GMP are clueless. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/965736730367283201
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby City64 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:35 am

zabbadabbado wrote:Fucking disgusting, GMP are clueless. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/965736730367283201

Nice one zabba ,
There is also footage of a wigan steward hitting a city fan then throwing him into the hoardings head first then going over to the wigan fans and high 5ing them . The more evidence put on social media and even here the better .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zabbadabbado » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:39 am

Stay away from the tabloids,must be 7 articles on the back of the Daily Fail,surprised we have not knocked William and Kate of the front page,the vitriol in the comments is poisonous,cant remember so much hate,we really are despised. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Postby phips » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:56 am

Mase wrote:
phips wrote:at least we get these useless cup matches off the schedule. treble is fine with me.

The problem is Phips - and I mean this in the nicest possible way, you’ve never stepped foot in Manchester or been to see a fuckin City match that isn’t a friendly. You’ve put fuck all money in to the club.

You weren’t there when City were winning fuck all so you’re not within your rights to say shit like “at least we get out of these useless cup matches”. Leave stuff like that to the people that pay their money and have done for years dude.

youre entitled to your opinion but when its one of xenophobia then it's a wrong one.

so the only real fans are the ones that have been to matches and paid for it?
ive watched every single competitive City match for the last 7 years or so since ive been a fan except for two (the cup match a few weeks ago that wasnt on tv and a CL one when my power went out and didnt DVR the match while i was at work)...and thats not an exaggeration. that includes waking up at 3 am to stream matches whether im at home or on vacation. so dont gimme that shit about about not being invested.

am i supposed to move to Manchester so i can have an opinion? am i supposed to fly from the US to Manchester to watch matches at a frequency that would appease you so i could i finally be considered a fan and be entitled to an opinion? is it my fault that when i started watching club football the club was already in the Premier League?

this might be the stupidest take you've ever had.
its a pathetic stance to take and ill chalk it up to the heat and emotions of the match thread.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby branny » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:24 am

Why rotate the keeper anyway? One is integral to how we play the game, the other is made of thin air like a ghost and shit just goes through him. If there's one position that's not going to get knackered it's the goalkeeper.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby hayling22 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:51 am

We seem mostly clueless at corners, because of our attacking prowess we get a fair amount every game, and yet more than half are taken short, in which case, they seem to be used to send a deep cross, which we do from open play anyway, so for heavens sake, why not use the corner to try something different.

When we do send a corner in directly, we never seem to test the keeper, yet however when we ourselves defend a corner, invariably our opponents cause more problems then we do. I understand we are not a direct team, but it gets beyond frustrating to see these corners fail time and time again without any threat..Surely it's time to try something different...Yes we have scored from a couple, but that is more down to the law of averages, more than our ability to create from the corner situation.
hayling22
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Dennis Tueart

Postby stevefromdonny » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:24 am

Beefymcfc wrote:My only thought tonight, apart from the cunt Taylor, is that I'm hoping we've not used too much energy going into the weekend. Le Arse didn't play this weekend and will be well rested. At least we have 5 days and not too much travel back from Pie Land.

you do know that they play thursday
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby zuricity » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:08 am

I don’t do social media. Indeed, this is the only chat room i have joined.

Reading around the press and the Beeb about last nights game, i am amazed at the vitriol , stupidity and wide variety of fans from other clubs having a go at City. Jealous ? ignorant ? provocative ,

Now i can see that Delph should have been given a yellow. City know this ref, why give the arrogant arse the opportunity to get one over us?

As for Walker ? i can only shake my head !

Two English players, doesn’t bode well for the World Cup. Stones too was wanting for their one and only shot on goal.

We still have to beat officials and the opposition.

It is now time to have the officials chat heard over the PA system, as in Rugby.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:45 am

stevefromdonny wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:My only thought tonight, apart from the cunt Taylor, is that I'm hoping we've not used too much energy going into the weekend. Le Arse didn't play this weekend and will be well rested. At least we have 5 days and not too much travel back from Pie Land.

you do know that they play thursday

I didn't but now I do. A little bit of solace, cheers pal.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:51 am

phips wrote:
Mase wrote:
phips wrote:at least we get these useless cup matches off the schedule. treble is fine with me.

The problem is Phips - and I mean this in the nicest possible way, you’ve never stepped foot in Manchester or been to see a fuckin City match that isn’t a friendly. You’ve put fuck all money in to the club.

You weren’t there when City were winning fuck all so you’re not within your rights to say shit like “at least we get out of these useless cup matches”. Leave stuff like that to the people that pay their money and have done for years dude.

youre entitled to your opinion but when its one of xenophobia then it's a wrong one.

so the only real fans are the ones that have been to matches and paid for it?
ive watched every single competitive City match for the last 7 years or so since ive been a fan except for two (the cup match a few weeks ago that wasnt on tv and a CL one when my power went out and didnt DVR the match while i was at work)...and thats not an exaggeration. that includes waking up at 3 am to stream matches whether im at home or on vacation. so dont gimme that shit about about not being invested.

am i supposed to move to Manchester so i can have an opinion? am i supposed to fly from the US to Manchester to watch matches at a frequency that would appease you so i could i finally be considered a fan and be entitled to an opinion? is it my fault that when i started watching club football the club was already in the Premier League?

this might be the stupidest take you've ever had.
its a pathetic stance to take and ill chalk it up to the heat and emotions of the match thread.

Glad I got under your skin. Now you know how others feel every time you post.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Justified logic » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:37 am

Fair do's to Wigan; they understood the purpose of the game, namely to put the fucking ball in the fucking net.

Wigan's stats: 4 shots, 2 on target, 1 goal.

Very similar to United's in their win over Huddersfield: 5 shots, 2 on target, 2 goals.

Our stats:
83% possession
15 corners
29 shots - TWENTY-FUCKING-NINE!
5 on target - and did any of them come anywhere near testing their goalie? All I can remember are dolly shots.

It's all very well our midfielders and defenders fannying around by knocking the ball back and forth between themselves to up their passes and pass success rate but the truth is that we lacked the guile, will and determination to break down a heroic defence. Probably had their minds on the League Cup final and who the CL round of 8 and FA Cup semi opponents will be and didn't show Wigan due respect. I don't agree with the draw for the next round being made before all the games in the current round have been played. Knowing the route to the round ahead of next is bound to have a psychological effect on the teams yet to play, as in when the route to the semis past Wigan and Southampton looks like a gimme.

I think Delph's red card was deserved. It was a reckless and dangerous challenge. It was also rash and unnecessary. And the red card is exactly what Guardiola was demanding to protect players from such challenges. Maybe that was what was in Taylor's mind when he changed from yellow to red.

Guardiola needs to get them out the next 5 days practicing how to put the fucking ball in the fucking net and how to take corners. And then again Sunday morning.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby sheblue » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:58 am

We have scored a bucketfull of goals this season. But in some games the shot conversion ratio is just shocking.
Last night we were terrible on front of goal. That's why we went out.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:07 am

sheblue wrote:We have scored a bucketfull of goals this season. But in some games the shot conversion ratio is just shocking.

but finishing isn’t an issue
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:25 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
sheblue wrote:We have scored a bucketfull of goals this season. But in some games the shot conversion ratio is just shocking.

but finishing isn’t an issue

In general it really isn't. That table I put up last week showing Sterling as the most efficient in the league when it comes to conversion also had Jesus and Sane in the top 5.

There have been of course some woeful performances in this regard, last night being a prime example but they are not commonplace this season.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby zabbadabbado » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:27 am

Reflecting this morning on last night game.

I am gutted the chance of a domestic treble has gone. A home tie with the Saints and yet another trip to Wembley.

In the cold light of day,i don’t think Guardiola was that arsed tbh,hence why he decided not to just change Bravo, but the entire defence as well as leaving out our beating Heart KDB/Sterling. Team selection stunk of not arsedness. Even late in the game he didn’t really try to change things by subbing Aguero for Fodden,or bringing on Diaz,.he could have even brought on Vinny with his Bullet Head and played him up front for the last 15 minutes. I think if Guardiola is honest with himself, last night defeat was avoidable and self inflicted. I sort of get it, although extremely disappointed ,he wants to win the Champions League,and give him self the chance of greatness,,personally I think this season is a bit too soon. FA Cup and domestic treble was more doable for me. The good to come from this defeat is our first team is going to get a couple of free weekends, we won’t have to rotate our Ferraris for a Morris Minors from here on in.

We have a great first team. Quality in Squad depth needs addressing for next season.The drop off when we rotate our first choice 11 is fucking astonishing.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Postby mr_nool » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:30 am

zabbadabbado wrote:Reflecting this morning on last night game.

I am gutted the chance of a domestic treble has gone. A home tie with the Saints and yet another trip to Wembley.

In the cold light of day,i don’t think Guardiola was that arsed tbh,hence why he decided not to just change Bravo, but the entire defence as well as leaving out our beating Heart KDB/Sterling. Team selection stunk of not arsedness. Even late in the game he didn’t really try to change things by subbing Aguero for Fodden,or bringing on Diaz,.he could have even brought on Vinny with his Bullet Head and played him up front for the last 15 minutes. I think if Guardiola is honest with himself, last night defeat was avoidable and self inflicted. I sort of get it, although extremely disappointed ,he wants to win the Champions League,and give him self the chance of greatness,,personally I think this season is a bit too soon. FA Cup and domestic treble was more doable for me. The good to come from this defeat is our first team is going to get a couple of free weekends, we won’t have to rotate our Ferraris for a Morris Minors from here on in.

We have a great first team. Quality in Squad depth needs addressing for next season.The drop off when we rotate our first choice 11 is fucking astonishing.

I thought we fielded a very strong team considering we played a team two divisions below us. His reaction to the Delph sending off shows you whether he cared or not, in my opinion. He was absolutely livid.
Last edited by mr_nool on Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:36 am

mr_nool wrote:

I thought we fielded a very strong team considering we played a team two divisions below us. He's reaction to the Delph sending off shows you whether he cared or not, in my opinion. He was absolutely livid.

Agreed, nothing wrong whatsoever with that team selection, more than good enough to see off that Wigan side, they just put in a sloppy performance, perhaps with one eye on Sunday.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Justified logic » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:08 am

mr_nool wrote:

I thought we fielded a very strong team considering we played a team two divisions below us. His reaction to the Delph sending off shows you whether he cared or not, in my opinion. He was absolutely livid.

Delph is out for the next three games - 2 x Arsenal + Chelsea
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby zabbadabbado » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:16 am

mr_nool wrote:

It wasn’t unreasonable of him to except that first 11 he started with last night, to be good enough to beat Wigan Athletic. Regardless of the fact Silva, Sane, were not match fit and coming back from injuries.

What I am saying is, he didn’t start KDB, and rested Sterling for bigger days. Pretty sure he decided what will be, will be, last night. Hence why he didn’t really try and change anything late on. It’s like he thought we are better off out of this competition. Just my opinion.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Postby mr_nool » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:44 am

zabbadabbado wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

It wasn’t unreasonable of him to except that first 11 he started with last night, to be good enough to beat Wigan Athletic. Regardless of the fact Silva, Sane, were not match fit and coming back from injuries.

What I am saying is, he didn’t start KDB, and rested Sterling for bigger days. Pretty sure he decided what will be, will be, last night. Hence why he didn’t really try and change anything late on. It’s like he thought we are better off out of this competition. Just my opinion.

I get what you're saying, but he did bring KdB on. The other attacking option on the bench was Brahim and I don't think it would have been an improvement on what we had on the field. And changing the system/game plan and start hitting high crosses into the penalty area just isn't Pep's style. He believes his playing style is the best one and that we have a bigger chance of scoring if we're patient and stick to that.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum