It Simply Has To Be Ederson On Sunday.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: It Simply Has To Be Ederson On Sunday.

Postby sandman » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:02 pm

Mase wrote:
sandman wrote:
Mase wrote::lol:

New levels of snowflake-ness here! Giving an opinion on a forum doesn’t help a players confidence....

I’ve actually not said anything bad about Bravo in this conversation. I just said he hasn’t been excellent.

Looking forward to your reply mate.

I havent either, I dont think he is excellent but he has done enough this season to prove his worth as a no 2 without our own fans helping the media chip away at him.

He deserves our support, I will always give a City player the benefit of the doubt or that chance to redeem before criticising.

Again, where have I not given him my support? By saying I want Gunn to be number two next season?

You actually called me out here mate, not the other way around. Do you admit you were wrong now?

In addition to stating you would rather have Gunn, you also said Bravo's had one decent game, not true and not fair, so no, I wasnt wrong.

Also Gunn has not got any experience of a top league or top opposition, he's what 21 or 22, has not played a single Premier League game and has not even played a full season in the Championship yet.

Bravo played 70 games for Barcelona, he is no mug.

Gunn will serve his time, get the experience and will be ready in a few years.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Mase » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:19 am

Will leave it here Sandman. You’ve obviously got a bee in your bonnet and can’t see what’s in front of you.

Kolarov got more abuse than any player we’ve had in the last 5 years. I think I’m probably the only fan that stuck up for him.

And in another thread I’m also bigging up Danilo, who has had a lot of stick off our fans.

But I’m “one of those fans”.....

I suggest if you can’t take a City fan giving his opinion on who he wants to see on the bench, this forum may not be for you? Calling out other fans for having a differing opinion seems a bit rag-ish.
Last edited by Mase on Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:25 am

Mase wrote:Will leave it here Sandman. You’ve obviously got a bee in your bonnet and can’t see what’s in front of you.

Kolarov get more abuse than any player we’ve had in the last 5 years. I think I’m probably the only fan that stuck up for him.

And in another thread I’m also bigging up Danilo, who has had a lot of stick off our fans.

I suggest if you can’t take a City fan giving his opinion on who he wants to see on the bench, this forum may not be for you? Calling out other fans for having a differing opinion seems a bit rag-ish.

I personally do not see Gunn as number 2 at City. He is easily good enough and imo better than Bravo but i just don't see him accepting a number 2 role instead of playing every week.. I think he is too good for that.

Not sure who will be City's number 2 if Bravo leaves as runours suggest he might
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:04 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Mase wrote:Will leave it here Sandman. You’ve obviously got a bee in your bonnet and can’t see what’s in front of you.

Kolarov get more abuse than any player we’ve had in the last 5 years. I think I’m probably the only fan that stuck up for him.

I personally do not see Gunn as number 2 at City. He is easily good enough and imo better than Bravo but i just don't see him accepting a number 2 role instead of playing every week.. I think he is too good for that.

Not sure who will be City's number 2 if Bravo leaves as runours suggest he might

It would likely need to be a veteran that is willing to accept just playing cup competition because just like Gunn a young keeper is going to have doubts about whether they could take Ederson's spot.

Best case scenario is Bravo stays on but if he doesn't at least we're in a decent negotiating position whereby we'll guarantee his replacement will at least play in domestic cups.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:57 pm

You may actually be right. Maybe another loan for Gunn possibly to a newly promoted side/lower half of Prem?

I think Wayne Hennessey is on a free at the end of the season? Homegrown as well.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:34 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

It would likely need to be a veteran that is willing to accept just playing cup competition because just like Gunn a young keeper is going to have doubts about whether they could take Ederson's spot.

Best case scenario is Bravo stays on but if he doesn't at least we're in a decent negotiating position whereby we'll guarantee his replacement will at least play in domestic cups.

Its tough actually, a veteran who can also play out from the back.... a small pool.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:36 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:

Its tough actually, a veteran who can also play out from the back.... a small pool.

If Gunn wouldn’t, how about Muric.
He’s young and raw but from what I’ve seen he’s a cool customer and good with his feet.
Like has been said, the list of people able to play our system is small. One of our own who has been trained that way should be the answer.
I know the argument is, what if Eddie gets injured and we’re depending on a kid.
It’s certainly an option for the cups though.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:26 pm

If Bravo does leave this summer FIBD, his recent performances this season will have done/should have done his ultimate transfer value no harm.

I wonder if Mourinho would be interested in him as a replacement for De Gea and happy to pay through the nose for him ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby fangsanalsatan » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:12 am

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:

That's the crucial point, isn't it. I heard Rulli has been doing well before his injury, but I can't see him being content with Cup duty at his age. Maybe Pep will try to go for Reina (again?)?
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby Nickyboy » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:46 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:

If Gunn wouldn’t, how about Muric.
He’s young and raw but from what I’ve seen he’s a cool customer and good with his feet.
Like has been said, the list of people able to play our system is small. One of our own who has been trained that way should be the answer.
I know the argument is, what if Eddie gets injured and we’re depending on a kid.
It’s certainly an option for the cups though.

If teams continue to play like chelsea and have zero shots on target we could probably play anyone in net to be honest, so a raw kid wouldn't be too bad if he was really good on the floor and can play out - he'll have about 2 saves to make all game
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:50 pm

Mase wrote:

You may actually be right. Maybe another loan for Gunn possibly to a newly promoted side/lower half of Prem?

I think Wayne Hennessey is on a free at the end of the season? Homegrown as well.

Wayne Hennessey.....really. Jeez. If you think Bravo gets shit now, see what would happen it we signed him. Full of errors that kid...
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby patrickblue » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:53 pm

Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
sandman wrote:Bravo is not a great keeper but he is a good keeper, he shows flashes of what he is capable of mixed in amongst his fumbles. He has absolutely no confidence and is mocked the world over by media, by fans and even on here by the very people who should be behind him.

I think that despite his rocky start he is becoming a good back up for us.

Bloody ell mate he’s had one decent game!

Leave it out Mase, he's been excellent all season.

Excellent?! You’re easily pleased mate.

Maybe excellent is too strong a word. He's certainly been decent all season
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum