It Simply Has To Be Ederson On Sunday.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: It Simply Has To Be Ederson On Sunday.

Postby city72 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:30 pm

Play the best we've got IMO, when we are all worm feed the history books will say either winner or runner up (loser).
city72
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city

Postby patrickblue » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:17 pm

mr_nool wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:
PeterParker wrote:What I fail to understand, and this comes from a guy who thinks Bravo is maybe the worst transfer in the new era, alongside Santa Cruz, is why do we held him responsible for what happend last night.

Walker had one of the most fucked decisions I saw in years, while, if you look at the strike, the ball jumps just in front of his hand because of the terrible pitch.
Instead of being 1-0 it should had been 1-5, but really it is hard to convert when Sergio has one good game then 6 when he is abysmal, while Gundogan is just a shadow of what he was and and so on.

I blame last night on two things:

1.Anthony Taylor - how is it possible that we allow FA to give us a ref who is a well known supporter of our biggest rivals?
2.We are tight. Our squad is tight and it shows last night when we had only 2 subs going in. When Gundo and Sergio fail, we have no one to step in. Diaz was fantastic with WBA, then horrible with Burnley.
Would you want to sit next to Bravo on a Plane on away Days to Europe ? :lol: :lol:

On a serious note, do you not think he showed the striker the only place he could realistically put the Ball to score last night ?.His positioning is woeful.

Starts to come off his line, backs off.

As for his Stats one or two are posting for this season. Most of them are made up from games playing Championship sides. Ederson stats are made up from playing Premier League side’s week in, week out, and Europe’s finest teams. Bravo didn’t work out too good at top level for us. I would class Arsenal as a top level side

The stats being posted are in response to his goal to shit ratio being questioned. Quit being a cunt.
A cunt for bringing some balance to the Bravo argument really.?. You don’t like my opinion fair enough no problem,. You don’t like my opinion read my name and move on. Simple really, better than throwing your Toys out the Pram and having a hissy fit.

As I said, just pointing out his stats have been made up playing Championship sides and Premier League second string s pretty much all the way to the final on Sunday.

Absolutely no comparison.

Cant get my Head around all the lovey, dovey sentiment I am hearing being spouted about. Must be an age thing. For me its black and white, simple, we have just been knocked out of a Cup by Wigan Fucking Athletic, Bravo was in goal because we are nice like that, and apparently he is a really sweet Guy, and if we don’t play him in the Cups he might get upset and cry,or even demand a transfer, even worse the squad might down Tools, and go on strike Sunday. Long gone are the days when the collective good of the team came before anything else. These Days one must not upset any snow flakes

We weren't kicked out because of Bravo, though. That goal was 100% Walker's fault. And at the other end of the pitch we failed to score one single goal against a League 1 side despite more than 80% possession and 27 shots.

I think it's tiresome to blame Bravo and it deflects from other, more valid issues.

I agree with you 100% Noolie.
Every time Bravo has played this season he's been blamed by some for everyone elses errors. I don't remember him doing anything particularly wrong in any game in this campaign.
It seems that the need for a scapegoat when things go tits up is alive and well with a lot of City followers.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Nick » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:52 pm

Has to be ederson , even though bravo didn't mess up. Ederson Is one of our best centre halves let alone keepers...

While I'm emotive I'd drop aguero for sterling. Zinch in.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:25 pm

You could argue that Bravo has been unlucky... you'd be wasting your time but you could.

For one reason or another he is regularly unable to stop shots... it adds up and the sum is he is shit.

Take last night's shot, he saw it coming, ie he had time to get himself set. If you look closely at him in the behind the goal camera, he jumps his weight to the right just as Grigg strikes, that left Bravo with just too much to do to throw himself left to get a hand to it. That weight re-position is basically a mistake - he shouldn't be doing that at that moment, it is a goalkeeping error. I suspect he does it a lot but i haven't checked.

To put it in perspective... in the Spuds v Juve game one of the goals left Buffon flat footed - why? b'cos he did exactly the same thing, shifted his weight at the wrong moment. But if you saw Buffon's reaction he was fuming with himself, he knew he made a mistake and he knew he could have gotten a hand to it if he hadn't made that movement.

Ederson is a cooler customer, stays calm and doesn't fidget around... as a result his positioning is superior and so he gets to more and save/ blocks more attempts.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby mr_nool » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:35 pm

brite blu sky wrote:You could argue that Bravo has been unlucky... you'd be wasting your time but you could.

For one reason or another he is regularly unable to stop shots... it adds up and the sum is he is shit.

Take last night's shot, he saw it coming, ie he had time to get himself set. If you look closely at him in the behind the goal camera, he jumps his weight to the right just as Grigg strikes, that left Bravo with just too much to do to throw himself left to get a hand to it. That weight re-position is basically a mistake - he shouldn't be doing that at that moment, it is a goalkeeping error. I suspect he does it a lot but i haven't checked.

To put it in perspective... in the Spuds v Juve game one of the goals left Buffon flat footed - why? b'cos he did exactly the same thing, shifted his weight at the wrong moment. But if you saw Buffon's reaction he was fuming with himself, he knew he made a mistake and he knew he could have gotten a hand to it if he hadn't made that movement.

Ederson is a cooler customer, stays calm and doesn't fidget around... as a result his positioning is superior and so he gets to more and save/ blocks more attempts.

Didn't Ederson do exactly the same for Liverpool's first goal?

Plus we have already established that Bravo's got a better save percentage (albeit against poorer opponents) than Ederson this season. In other words, Ederson does not save more.

I'm not saying that Bravo is better than Ederson – in my opinion he clearly isn't – but you can't just make up things to prove your point.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Mase » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:37 pm

Stats can work in whatever way you want them to. They often mean fuck all.

For example, Salah, Firmino, Mane have more goals this season combined than Sergio, Sanè, Sterling.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Original Dub » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:44 pm

Mase wrote:Stats can work in whatever way you want them to. They often mean fuck all.

For example, Salah, Firmino, Mane have more goals this season combined than Sergio, Sanè, Sterling.

Haha

I see what you did there
Original Dub

Postby carolina-blue » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:12 pm

Talk about splinters in my arse from sitting on the fence with this one . Wholeheartedly agree it’s a Cup final play the strongest we have . Then that Karma thing :cry: I remember what happened when we fucked Pants off and that was against Wigwam as well :o
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Nick » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:45 pm

carolina-blue wrote:Talk about splinters in my arse from sitting on the fence with this one . Wholeheartedly agree it’s a Cup final play the strongest we have . Then that Karma thing :cry: I remember what happened when we fucked Pants off and that was against Wigwam as well :o

Panti was the better keeper at that time though, that's the difference. I remember being fuming when Hart started. Would anyone be pissed off if bravo doesn't start ? He owes us alot after last year.

It may have nothing to do with last night, but on Sunday we need all the slim pieces in our favour
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:51 pm

mr_nool wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:You could argue that Bravo has been unlucky... you'd be wasting your time but you could.

Plus we have already established that Bravo's got a better save percentage (albeit against poorer opponents) than Ederson this season. In other words, Ederson does not save more.

I'm not saying that Bravo is better than Ederson – in my opinion he clearly isn't – but you can't just make up things to prove your point.

Ederson did and it is why he couldn't reach it. imo he should have got something on that... it wasnt a rocket.

No idea where the stats are that say Bravo has better save ratio ( is it including penalties by any chance )... suppose i'll take your word for it.

I have watched all City games this season and i can tell you when Bravo is in goal and someone is threatening to shoot.. i'm simply expecting a goal.
Ederson on the other hand i'm confident it might not be.

So where does that feeling come from, why do i think that ?
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby nottsblue » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:29 pm

Plenty of reasons for and against Bravo playing in the final and plenty of good arguments on the thread. But one factor is more important than others and that is what the manager of City believes and rightly or wrongly, he has publically chosen Bravo to start.

Playing him may diminish our chances of winning. So also might our forwards if they don't take their chances.
Playing Ederson might upset the dressing room, it might not. No one knows except for the individual players. One thing to consider though if God forbid, Ederson gets injured/suspended in the run in, then we have to rely on Bravo. If he has been in his eyes, hung out to dry, then will he have the necessary focus if he gets called upon?
Would Ederson himself feel bad about starting in place of the guy who played a big part in getting us to the final. You get the impression that although they are rivals, there is also respect for each other.
Pep has given his word. To him, that means a lot. As another poster noted, if he loses that he is on a level with the likes of Mourinho.
You also have to factor in the defence ahead of Bravo. If we go with our best available back four then Bravo will be more at ease. In a lot of the games Bravo has played this season he has had a makeshift defence in front of him.

All in all it's a difficult choice. And to be fair neither would be either the wrong or right choice in many ways. But, it's gonna be Bravo so all I can further add is let's get behind the boys on Sunday, whoever the starting XI are. We are good enough to beat Arsenal, let's win pot number one
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby carolina-blue » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:51 pm

nottsblue wrote:Plenty of reasons for and against Bravo playing in the final and plenty of good arguments on the thread. But one factor is more important than others and that is what the manager of City believes and rightly or wrongly, he has publically chosen Bravo to start.

Playing him may diminish our chances of winning. So also might our forwards if they don't take their chances.
Playing Ederson might upset the dressing room, it might not. No one knows except for the individual players. One thing to consider though if God forbid, Ederson gets injured/suspended in the run in, then we have to rely on Bravo. If he has been in his eyes, hung out to dry, then will he have the necessary focus if he gets called upon?
Would Ederson himself feel bad about starting in place of the guy who played a big part in getting us to the final. You get the impression that although they are rivals, there is also respect for each other.
Pep has given his word. To him, that means a lot. As another poster noted, if he loses that he is on a level with the likes of Mourinho.
You also have to factor in the defence ahead of Bravo. If we go with our best available back four then Bravo will be more at ease. In a lot of the games Bravo has played this season he has had a makeshift defence in front of him.

All in all it's a difficult choice. And to be fair neither would be either the wrong or right choice in many ways. But, it's gonna be Bravo so all I can further add is let's get behind the boys on Sunday, whoever the starting XI are. We are good enough to beat Arsenal, let's win pot number one

That’s a dam good post mate . Come On U BLUES
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby ruralblue » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:50 pm

Play Ederson from the start and throw on Grimshaw if it goes to Pens¡
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby branny » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:38 am

The back four need to learn to defend again. They haven't had much to do this season because we usually win the ball so high up the pitch. The problem at the moment is that we've become sloppy and every little cock up is ending up in the back of the net.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby mr_nool » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:01 am

brite blu sky wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

Ederson did and it is why he couldn't reach it. imo he should have got something on that... it wasnt a rocket.

No idea where the stats are that say Bravo has better save ratio ( is it including penalties by any chance )... suppose i'll take your word for it.

I have watched all City games this season and i can tell you when Bravo is in goal and someone is threatening to shoot.. i'm simply expecting a goal.

Because of last season when he couldn't catch a cold in a crèche?
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby PeterParker » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:49 am

nottsblue wrote:Plenty of reasons for and against Bravo playing in the final and plenty of good arguments on the thread. But one factor is more important than others and that is what the manager of City believes and rightly or wrongly, he has publically chosen Bravo to start.

This.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby sheblue » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:33 am

I really hope we do not need to revisit this thread on Sunday evening.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:47 am

Pretty pointless really, unless bravo picks up an injury in training. He saved us against wolves and can do so again.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:14 am

brite blu sky wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

The stats came from taking each game, counting the number of shots on target against and then counting the number of goals conceded.

I miscounted yesterday when I posted them, I said there was 29 shots on target in the cups when there were actually 26, 7 conceded, so that makes it 73% rather than the 75% I posted yesterday.

I've had a look at Ederson's, 67% in the league and a remarkable 79% in CL, so overall that's 73%.

NB this post is not intended to claim that Bravo is better than Ederson or that I'd normally pick him over Ederson, it's just to clarify their numbers.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:26 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:
sheblue wrote:I understand that but I rather play a full strength team to give the best chance to win it than be honorable in defeat. And we do not want two defeats in a row, ahead of difficult league games.

I do not think dropping bravo would damage spirit that much.

As things stand, if we keep our act together, it looks like we will win the title with 3 or 4 games to spare. We can play Bravo in the final league games if that's the case, and everyone is happy. ;)

My guess is Pep thinks differently than you do and that's why Bravo is starting. ;)

Bravo. See how that goes down on the train back from Euston if it's a Bravo mistake, but your right Pep has made his call.

And if we win?

We will win, I am just saying..
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum