It Simply Has To Be Ederson On Sunday.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: It Simply Has To Be Ederson On Sunday.

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:51 am

zabbadabbado wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
AG7 wrote:I would put Ederson in goal, but then I am not managing the team, Pep is ... and he has already (even before the Wigan game) come out and said Bravo would be in goal in the cup final ... maybe he knew if Bravo cost us the Wigan game, he better get ahead of this and state his position out in the open so any kind of Bravo performance (good or bad) doesn't bring out this question again before the Final ...

Oh, well it will be Bravo in goal, I'm pretty sure because of the way Pep said it (can anyone pull up the video of that presser) ... and yes doesn't instill confidence one bit. Not looking forward to the Final, already stressed.

Just out of curiosity, a question for you and anyone else that thinks Ederson should start on Sunday, have you ever played as part of a team? Have you any experience of dynamics within a dressing room? Have you ever managed a team?
It appears not only is your opinion more superior to all us cunts.. It seems only you have ever played football at any level.

I think you will find most of the lads on here including me have played football.

And most of us have probably played in sides that had players who were some of the biggest cunts imaginable. Thing is those cunts who missed training, came and went as they pleased were often the first names on the team sheet on a Saturday/Sunday morning because they were good players and won games. Thats how it used to work at every level. You played your best side you won things. There was no morality issues. What was best for the team came first. No matter how unpalatable some might find it.

For a man who thinks he knows it all, preaching. You really could do with working on those interpersonal skills.

Nowhere have I suggested my opinion is superior and nowhere have I suggested that only I have played football.

It seems comprehension really isn't your strong point.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:05 am

zabbadabbado wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:
PeterParker wrote:What I fail to understand, and this comes from a guy who thinks Bravo is maybe the worst transfer in the new era, alongside Santa Cruz, is why do we held him responsible for what happend last night.

Walker had one of the most fucked decisions I saw in years, while, if you look at the strike, the ball jumps just in front of his hand because of the terrible pitch.
Instead of being 1-0 it should had been 1-5, but really it is hard to convert when Sergio has one good game then 6 when he is abysmal, while Gundogan is just a shadow of what he was and and so on.

I blame last night on two things:

1.Anthony Taylor - how is it possible that we allow FA to give us a ref who is a well known supporter of our biggest rivals?
2.We are tight. Our squad is tight and it shows last night when we had only 2 subs going in. When Gundo and Sergio fail, we have no one to step in. Diaz was fantastic with WBA, then horrible with Burnley.
Would you want to sit next to Bravo on a Plane on away Days to Europe ? :lol: :lol:

On a serious note, do you not think he showed the striker the only place he could realistically put the Ball to score last night ?.His positioning is woeful.

Starts to come off his line, backs off.

As for his Stats one or two are posting for this season. Most of them are made up from games playing Championship sides. Ederson stats are made up from playing Premier League side’s week in, week out, and Europe’s finest teams. Bravo didn’t work out too good at top level for us. I would class Arsenal as a top level side

The stats being posted are in response to his goal to shit ratio being questioned. Quit being a cunt.
A cunt for bringing some balance to the Bravo argument really.?. You don’t like my opinion fair enough no problem,. You don’t like my opinion read my name and move on. Simple really, better than throwing your Toys out the Pram and having a hissy fit.

As I said, just pointing out his stats have been made up playing Championship sides and Premier League second string s pretty much all the way to the final on Sunday.

Absolutely no comparison.

Cant get my Head around all the lovey, dovey sentiment I am hearing being spouted about. Must be an age thing. For me its black and white, simple, we have just been knocked out of a Cup by Wigan Fucking Athletic, Bravo was in goal because we are nice like that, and apparently he is a really sweet Guy, and if we don’t play him in the Cups he might get upset and cry,or even demand a transfer, even worse the squad might down Tools, and go on strike Sunday. Long gone are the days when the collective good of the team came before anything else. These Days one must not upset any snow flakes

You are 100% right.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:10 am

AG7 wrote:I would put Ederson in goal, but then I am not managing the team, Pep is ... and he has already (even before the Wigan game) come out and said Bravo would be in goal in the cup final ... maybe he knew if Bravo cost us the Wigan game, he better get ahead of this and state his position out in the open so any kind of Bravo performance (good or bad) doesn't bring out this question again before the Final ...

Oh, well it will be Bravo in goal, I'm pretty sure because of the way Pep said it (can anyone pull up the video of that presser) ... and yes doesn't instill confidence one bit. Not looking forward to the Final, already stressed.

Just out of curiosity, a question for you and anyone else that thinks Ederson should start on Sunday, have you ever played as part of a team? Have you any experience of dynamics within a dressing room? Have you ever managed a team?

Here's a question for you...would KDB (who had a right go at Danilo for that shit shite shit simple pass he fucked up) want Bravo in nets over Ederson ? would all the fucking defenders want Bravo in Nets over Ederson ?

I think the answers are easy....stop being ''we are the world '' ffs !!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:12 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Here's a question for you...would KDB (who had a right go at Danilo for that shit shite shit simple pass he fucked up) want Bravo in nets over Ederson ? would all the fucking defenders want Bravo in Nets over Ederson ?

Would players have a problem with the keeper that got them to the final being dropped for the final, think about it Carl, but not too much, you might hurt yourself.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby zabbadabbado » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:13 am

mr_nool wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:
PeterParker wrote:What I fail to understand, and this comes from a guy who thinks Bravo is maybe the worst transfer in the new era, alongside Santa Cruz, is why do we held him responsible for what happend last night.

Walker had one of the most fucked decisions I saw in years, while, if you look at the strike, the ball jumps just in front of his hand because of the terrible pitch.
Instead of being 1-0 it should had been 1-5, but really it is hard to convert when Sergio has one good game then 6 when he is abysmal, while Gundogan is just a shadow of what he was and and so on.

I blame last night on two things:

1.Anthony Taylor - how is it possible that we allow FA to give us a ref who is a well known supporter of our biggest rivals?
2.We are tight. Our squad is tight and it shows last night when we had only 2 subs going in. When Gundo and Sergio fail, we have no one to step in. Diaz was fantastic with WBA, then horrible with Burnley.
Would you want to sit next to Bravo on a Plane on away Days to Europe ? :lol: :lol:

On a serious note, do you not think he showed the striker the only place he could realistically put the Ball to score last night ?.His positioning is woeful.

Starts to come off his line, backs off.

As for his Stats one or two are posting for this season. Most of them are made up from games playing Championship sides. Ederson stats are made up from playing Premier League side’s week in, week out, and Europe’s finest teams. Bravo didn’t work out too good at top level for us. I would class Arsenal as a top level side

The stats being posted are in response to his goal to shit ratio being questioned. Quit being a cunt.
A cunt for bringing some balance to the Bravo argument really.?. You don’t like my opinion fair enough no problem,. You don’t like my opinion read my name and move on. Simple really, better than throwing your Toys out the Pram and having a hissy fit.

As I said, just pointing out his stats have been made up playing Championship sides and Premier League second string s pretty much all the way to the final on Sunday.

Absolutely no comparison.

Cant get my Head around all the lovey, dovey sentiment I am hearing being spouted about. Must be an age thing. For me its black and white, simple, we have just been knocked out of a Cup by Wigan Fucking Athletic, Bravo was in goal because we are nice like that, and apparently he is a really sweet Guy, and if we don’t play him in the Cups he might get upset and cry,or even demand a transfer, even worse the squad might down Tools, and go on strike Sunday. Long gone are the days when the collective good of the team came before anything else. These Days one must not upset any snow flakes

We weren't kicked out because of Bravo, though. That goal was 100% Walker's fault. And at the other end of the pitch we failed to score one single goal against a League 1 side despite more than 80% possession and 27 shots.

I think it's tiresome to blame Bravo and it deflects from other, more valid issues.[/quote

I am not singling out Bravo for last night defeat. Even though I think if Ederson had been in goal he might well have saved it .Still that is not the same as personally blaming Bravo, simply saying I think Ederson is a far superior keeper.

The point I am endeavouring to try to make all be it with much difficulty. Is that on Sunday we play Arsenal in the League Cup. We are likely play a full strength Arsenal side because it is their only realistic opportunity to win some silverware in a season of under achievement.

Bearing this in mind, and given there have already been disjointed displays on the way to Wembley, I personally think we should start with our strongest side, that means Ederson in goal, because he is much more than just a goal keeper, he is a defensive sweeper, He has a calming affect on our defence. This in turn impacts the whole team. In my opinion his inclusion significantly improves our chances of achieving a domestic double this season.

It seems, rightly or wrongly (depending on your opinion), that this is not going to happen, it has been decided that Bravo is our Cup keeper. Therefore It is more important he start the game than our best keeper Ederson because some of our players, and maybe even one or two of our ultra sensitive fans will be terribly upset if he doesn’t .It matters not if his starting against a full strength Arsenal side has a detrimental affect on the team, It seems these days we are more sensitive to the feelings of our fringe players. And would much rather handicap ourselves prior to kick off and hope it all works out well for us after last night Wigan Athletic debacle. If it doesn’t at least we can say we stuck to our principals. It seems to some that is more important than sticking silver in on the cabinet.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:16 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Would players have a problem with the keeper that got them to the final being dropped for the final, think about it Carl, but not too much, you might hurt yourself.

Players want to win trophies and want the best team out there - believe it or not snowflake...this is 100% true.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:17 am

Ospina will be in nets for Arsenal.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby zabbadabbado » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:28 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Ospina will be in nets for Arsenal.
It is like subconsciously even you are accepting that Bravo is not as good as Edderson. Hence why you are saying look Ospina is in goal for Arsenal, so any disadvantage we will have, will be balanced out by Arsenal playing their more inferior keeper. ;)

We are all Blues at the end of the day, regardless of opinions and want the same thing,Trophies.

Hopefully Bravo plays and has a blinder, i will be as happy as the next Blue.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:38 am

zabbadabbado wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Ospina will be in nets for Arsenal.
It is like subconsciously even you are accepting that Bravo is not as good as Edderson. Hence why you are saying look Ospina is in goal for Arsenal, so any disadvantage we will have, will be balanced out by Arsenal playing their more inferior keeper. ;)

We are all Blues at the end of the day, regardless of opinions and want the same thing,Trophies.

Hopefully Bravo plays and has a blinder, i will be as happy as the next Blue.

I know he's not as good as Ederson, I have never disputed otherwise.

I am saying Ospina is in nets for them because that is what managers do, they select a cup keeper and stick with them for better or worse.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Re: It Simply Has To Be Edderson On Sunday.

Postby Plain Speaking » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:51 am

Plain Speaking wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:...
When we chose Willy as our Cup keeper it was because there really was no difference between him and Joe Hart. *Putting Big Willy in the Hole.(couldnt resist it :lol: :lol: ) Had no impact on the momentum of the team. It could be argued his distribution was much better than Hart any way.

With Bravo and Ederson there really is a fundamental difference in both their keeping.

We are not talking about changing a keeper, and having no detrimental effect on the good of the team. And how we play. We are.

Ederson has become key to how we play. That is more than evident, in nearly every game we have played this season our defenders have taken turns to switch off maybe once during many games. His situational awareness is as good as his quick distribution, he reads the game so well. Quickly off his line to neutralise the threat. We now take this side of his game for granted.

For instance last night Bravo sees the fuck up from Walker, reacts far too slowly, starts to come, decides to back off, shows the striker where to put the Ball with his positioning. Bang 1-0, their only fucking chance of the game converted.

You change Bravo for Ederson and repeat last night Walker mistake. Walker loses the Ball, you have Ederson off his line clearing the Ball, chance gone.

Then you have Ederson quick distribution.Also his excellent handling of set pieces.

I totally agree with this. However Pep will play Bravo to keep him happy. Did Pep need to say before last night's game Bravo would play in the final? No, but he made it clear. Pep believes in keeping to his commitments and his word, unlike Alves and Sanchez.

It's not to keep Bravo happy, it's to keep the squad happy.

I think most of the squad would prefer us to field our best team for the final, it's obvious to everyone, even Bravo, that Ederson is a much better keeper. His distribution, sweeping, saves and confidence have transformed our game style this season.

I understand why Pep will pick Bravo, Ederson may be sent off in future games, particularly with his charging runs out of the area. Bravo needs to feel part of the squad so he can slot in and replace him.

Additionally Pep is an honourable man and has made a commitment to Bravo he will play in the domestic cups, to "keep him happy".
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:04 pm

Bravo will be in goalS on Sunday. I would prefer he is on Goals on Sunday with Kammy.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:05 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:
Plain Speaking wrote:
When we chose Willy as our Cup keeper it was because there really was no difference between him and Joe Hart. *Putting Big Willy in the Hole.(couldnt resist it :lol: :lol: ) Had no impact on the momentum of the team. It could be argued his distribution was much better than Hart any way.

With Bravo and Ederson there really is a fundamental difference in both their keeping.

We are not talking about changing a keeper, and having no detrimental effect on the good of the team. And how we play. We are.

Ederson has become key to how we play. That is more than evident, in nearly every game we have played this season our defenders have taken turns to switch off maybe once during many games. His situational awareness is as good as his quick distribution, he reads the game so well. Quickly off his line to neutralise the threat. We now take this side of his game for granted.

For instance last night Bravo sees the fuck up from Walker, reacts far too slowly, starts to come, decides to back off, shows the striker where to put the Ball with his positioning. Bang 1-0, their only fucking chance of the game converted.

You change Bravo for Ederson and repeat last night Walker mistake. Walker loses the Ball, you have Ederson off his line clearing the Ball, chance gone.

Then you have Ederson quick distribution.Also his excellent handling of set pieces.

I totally agree with this. However Pep will play Bravo to keep him happy. Did Pep need to say before last night's game Bravo would play in the final? No, but he made it clear. Pep believes in keeping to his commitments and his word, unlike Alves and Sanchez.

I think most of the squad would prefer us to field our best team for the final, it's obvious to everyone, even Bravo, that Ederson is a much better keeper. His distribution, sweeping, saves and confidence have transformed our game style this season.

I understand why Pep will pick Bravo, Ederson may be sent off in future games, particularly with his charging runs out of the area. Bravo needs to feel part of the squad so he can slot in and replace him.

Additionally Pep is an honourable man and has made a commitment to Bravo he will play in the domestic cups, to "keep him happy".

Honest question mate, what makes you think most of the squad would prefer Ederson over him in the final?

You're right, he is an honourable man and he's respected for it, what happens if he doesn't remain honourable?

Why is it that top managers stick with their backup keepers in finals?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Original Dub » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:24 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Bravo will be in goalS on Sunday. I would prefer he is on Goals on Sunday with Kammy.

PMSL. Nice one Hazy.

I wished Hart would play instead of Panty for that FA Cup Final and I got my wish. I'm not saying we would have won had Mancini stuck with Panty, nor do I know how much that decision affected an already broken dressing room, but it makes sense to keep harmony and respect for roles within the team.

Bravo is an inferior goalkeeper to Ederson, but he hasn't done anything wrong to warrant being dropped for the final. Quite the opposite, in fact.

If we lose, I'll go into fucking meltdown, don't get me wrong. But I can't see Bravo being the main reason.
Original Dub

Postby Plain Speaking » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:29 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:
Plain Speaking wrote:

Honest question mate, what makes you think most of the squad would prefer Ederson over him in the final?

You're right, he is an honourable man and he's respected for it, what happens if he doesn't remain honourable?

Why is it that top managers stick with their backup keepers in finals?

Most of the squad will recognise the chances of winning the match are much higher with Ederson in nets, because we are a much superior side with his influence and ability. Most players want their club to win trophies.

Not all top managers stick with their back up keepers. Ideally there should not be a huge difference between the starting keeper and the back up keeper. Managers try to keep the squad players happy in case they are needed. I acknowledge Pep will pick Bravo and I understand that, but like many City fans, I would prefer if Bravo was nearer Ederson's level. Bravo has been better this season than last, but there's still an uncomfortable drop off.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:35 pm

Of course Ederson is the better keeper but ability is pretty much irrelevant in this situation. You give your word and you don't break it. That's all there is to it.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:40 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:Of course Ederson is the better keeper but ability is pretty much irrelevant in this situation. You give your word and you don't break it. That's all there is to it.
I agree he got done by a good finish last night on a night we could not get it done.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:52 pm

I think Bravo will play. I suspect it may cost us.
I think it affects the confidence of our whole defence when he is in goal.
You can't lay all the blame at Bravo's feet for that, but it is what it is.

Apart from the goal last night, which I don't blame him for, I thought he was looking far more assured with the ball at his feet than he has, pretty much ever.
Not his fault that clowns in front of him make poor decisions and don't do their jobs.

He's not as good as Eddie, who we all would prefer, but it's probably the right decision to stick with him.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:55 pm

We said the same about Willy well I did. That turned out OK. As long as we do not get done by the ref and lino's we will be fine.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby PeterParker » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:04 pm

If we convert our chances, we can play without a gk.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:11 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:I think Bravo will play. I suspect it may cost us.
I think it affects the confidence of our whole defence when he is in goal.
You can't lay all the blame at Bravo's feet for that, but it is what it is.

Apart from the goal last night, which I don't blame him for, I thought he was looking far more assured with the ball at his feet than he has, pretty much ever.
Not his fault that clowns in front of him make poor decisions and don't do their jobs.

He's not as good as Eddie, who we all would prefer, but it's probably the right decision to stick with him.

On a normal night it's 4-0 and the goal they get is a consolation. The old City is alive and always will be. Would I swap no chance.. This is what it's like to be City.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum