It Simply Has To Be Ederson On Sunday.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: It Simply Has To Be Ederson On Sunday.

Postby zabbadabbado » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:18 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Bravo will be in goalS on Sunday. I would prefer he is on Goals on Sunday with Kammy.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Plain Speaking » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:32 pm

PeterParker wrote:If we convert our chances, we can play without a gk.

That sounds a bit arrogant. We have to respect the opposition, even lower league teams can hurt us, particularly when we play weakened sides.

Arsenal have some top quality players, and our recent finishing reminds me of last season.
We need to regroup, prepare thoroughly and be clinical, having both KDB and Merlin in the same side should help a lot.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PeterParker » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:39 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:

That sounds a bit arrogant. We have to respect the opposition, even lower league teams can hurt us, particularly when we play weakened sides.

Arsenal have some top quality players, and our recent finishing reminds me of last season.
We need to regroup, prepare thoroughly and be clinical, having both KDB and Merlin in the same side should help a lot.

I was trying to point out that playing Bravo or Eddie would be the same, if our finishing will be top on that day.

We should win this final, almost everything is in our favour and we need to understand that. The media reaction after what happend last night shows how good we are, not arrogance at all.
Call me overconfident, but only one thing can ruin the party for us on Sunday. A Benf Ref.

Remember the semi against them in april, we dominated almost all game and a bent decision ruined everything.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Plain Speaking » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:24 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Plain Speaking wrote:

I was trying to point out that playing Bravo or Eddie would be the same, if our finishing will be top on that day.

We should win this final, almost everything is in our favour and we need to understand that. The media reaction after what happend last night shows how good we are, not arrogance at all.
Call me overconfident, but only one thing can ruin the party for us on Sunday. A Benf Ref.

Remember the semi against them in april, we dominated almost all game and a bent decision ruined everything.

I used to think the goalkeeper was the single most important player in any football team. De Gea has certainly saved United many points.

Ederson has taken goalkeeping to another level with his distribution, control and coolness under pressure, as well as his speed out of his area to snuff out potential attacks. IMO, with KDB, he's been our most player this season.

Hopefully we will have enough to beat Arsenal. As regards "bent refs", we will have VAR so hopefully the chances of incompetent/bent officials impacting the game should be reduced.

Bravo in net is probably my biggest concern. Fingers crossed for Pep's first trophy!
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby JamieMCFC » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:39 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:I think you will find most of the lads on here including me have played football.

And most of us have probably played in sides that had players who were some of the biggest cunts imaginable. Thing is those cunts who missed training, came and went as they pleased were often the first names on the team sheet on a Saturday/Sunday morning because they were good players and won games. Thats how it used to work at every level. You played your best side you won things. There was no morality issues. What was best for the team came first. No matter how unpalatable some might find it.

And cunts with that type of attitude no matter how talented wouldn't be anywhere near the City squad. Part of the reason we are doing so well this season is the squad harmony that Pep has installed at the club.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby sheblue » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:58 pm

This thread is mad. What do we want? its very simple.

A) Hurt Bravos feelings, ie leave him on the bench, he's a big boy now.
or
B) Pick the best team to win the game, win the trophy.

Newsflash!! its a final, not a pre-season friendly.

Its a B for me.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:05 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:I think you will find most of the lads on here including me have played football.

And most of us have probably played in sides that had players who were some of the biggest cunts imaginable. Thing is those cunts who missed training, came and went as they pleased were often the first names on the team sheet on a Saturday/Sunday morning because they were good players and won games. Thats how it used to work at every level. You played your best side you won things. There was no morality issues. What was best for the team came first. No matter how unpalatable some might find it.

And cunts with that type of attitude no matter how talented wouldn't be anywhere near the City squad. Part of the reason we are doing so well this season is the squad harmony that Pep has installed at the club.

Both are right, but I want my trip to London to go well. Most Footballers have no morals and 100% not City fans so why the **** should we. From semi pro to the Premier players picked over another for a final, well you can simile and nod all you want deep down it's nice 1, tough shit mate.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:19 pm

sheblue wrote:This thread is mad. What do we want? its very simple.

or

Its a B for me.

It's nothing to do with hurting Bravo's feelings. It's about doing the honourable thing to maintain the good spirit within the group.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:33 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

or

Its a B for me.

It's nothing to do with hurting Bravo's feelings. It's about doing the honourable thing to maintain the good spirit within the group.

agreed. also, many players choose to sign for city b/c of pep, e.g. jesus. if pep gets a reputation as someone who breaks his promises, those players might look elsewhere.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby sheblue » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:37 pm

or

Its a B for me.

I understand that but I rather play a full strength team to give the best chance to win it than be honorable in defeat. And we do not want two defeats in a row, ahead of difficult league games.

I do not think dropping bravo would damage spirit that much.

As things stand, if we keep our act together, it looks like we will win the title with 3 or 4 games to spare. We can play Bravo in the final league games if that's the case, and everyone is happy. ;)
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby sheblue » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:39 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:

or

Its a B for me.

agreed. also, many players choose to sign for city b/c of pep, e.g. jesus. if pep gets a reputation as someone who breaks his promises, those players might look elsewhere.

It was a mistake to make that promise, and another mistake to make it public.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby JamieMCFC » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:41 pm

sheblue wrote:I understand that but I rather play a full strength team to give the best chance to win it than be honorable in defeat. And we do not want two defeats in a row, ahead of difficult league games.

As things stand, if we keep our act together, it looks like we will win the title with 3 or 4 games to spare. We can play Bravo in the final league games if that's the case, and everyone is happy. ;)

My guess is Pep thinks differently than you do and that's why Bravo is starting. ;)
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:43 pm

sheblue wrote:It was a mistake to make that promise, and another mistake to make it public.

Irrelevant. He has made it and he has got to keep it.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:45 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:
sheblue wrote:I understand that but I rather play a full strength team to give the best chance to win it than be honorable in defeat. And we do not want two defeats in a row, ahead of difficult league games.

My guess is Pep thinks differently than you do and that's why Bravo is starting. ;)

Bravo. See how that goes down on the train back from Euston if it's a Bravo mistake, but your right Pep has made his call.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:47 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:

Bravo. See how that goes down on the train back from Euston if it's a Bravo mistake, but your right Pep has made his call.

And if we win?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby zuricity » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:47 pm

Pep should sit down with both goalies and simply say

Ed you are on in the first half ,

We go three nil up and then Claudio, you’re on for the second half . That’s it.

Oh and Claudio , you can go and receive the cup.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:49 pm

zuricity wrote:Pep should sit down with both goalies and simply say

No, he shouldn't. He should do what he has said he is going to do.

I would be interested to hear how Ederson feels about playing in this match. Goalies tend to be very pally.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby zuricity » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:53 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
zuricity wrote:Pep should sit down with both goalies and simply say

No, he shouldn't. He should do what he has said he is going to do.

I would be interested to hear how Ederson feels about playing in this match. Goalies tend to be very pally.

Relax, just trying to take some heat out of the debate.

Pep picks his team whatever, like last night . I still think he should have started Tin tin.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:17 pm

Bravos fucking shit
We better fucking beat arsenal in the cup that’s all I can say ,,,,,,low and fucking behold if that clownio fucks up - I’ll be trolling you morally affected cunts till the next time Haley’s fuckign comet goes past us !
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Re: It Simply Has To Be Edderson On Sunday.

Postby patrickblue » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:26 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:It would not be fair.

I think Bravo is a poor goalkepper, but Bravo played a huge part in reaching the final. He is the main reason we are here, so he has to play without doubt.
Last time we did something like this, we lost a final. Footballers are weird, a simple bad management decision can fuck our season.

I still have the Mancini moment in my head.

Caballero had a mare the midweek before the Liverpool final. Look how that turned out.

I agree with you, PP. If the manager has promised Bravo that he will play, he plays. It really is as simple as that.

If you haven't got any principles and your word means nothing, then you are jose mourinho.
I get your point.

Then I think about the circumstances.

When we chose Willy as our Cup keeper it was because there really was no difference between him and Joe Hart. *Putting Big Willy in the Hole.(couldnt resist it :lol: :lol: ) Had no impact on the momentum of the team. It could be argued his distribution was much better than Hart any way.

With Bravo and Ederson there really is a fundamental difference in both their keeping.

We are not talking about changing a keeper, and having no detrimental effect on the good of the team. And how we play. We are.

Ederson has become key to how we play. That is more than evident, in nearly every game we have played this season our defenders have taken turns to switch off maybe once during many games. His situational awareness is as good as his quick distribution, he reads the game so well. Quickly off his line to neutralise the threat. We now take this side of his game for granted.

For instance last night Bravo sees the fuck up from Walker, reacts far too slowly, starts to come, decides to back off, shows the striker where to put the Ball with his positioning. Bang 1-0, their only fucking chance of the game converted.

You change Bravo for Ederson and repeat last night Walker mistake. Walker loses the Ball, you have Ederson off his line clearing the Ball, chance gone.

Then you have Ederson quick distribution.Also his excellent handling of set pieces.

At the time there was a huge perceived difference between Hart and Cabellero, certainly at least amongst the fans.
Joe was regarded as a top keeper, admittedly there a few moans about certain aspects of his game, but he still was firmly no1
Willy in goal was something that was always looked on with apprehension.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum