It Simply Has To Be Ederson On Sunday.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

It Simply Has To Be Ederson On Sunday.

Postby zabbadabbado » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:32 am

General consensus with some City fans, is that Bravo earned his place to start on Sunday. Therefore Guardiola must stick to these principals and pick him ahead of Ederson.

My personal opinion is, sentiment went out the Window tonight, when we lost to those inbred, 6 fingered, Pie Munchers. We now have to stop 1 defeat quickly becoming 2 defeats, and with it be knocked out of 2 Cup competitions in the space of a week. Then have to face Arsenal again on the Thursday with the potential for those 2 defeats quite possibly becoming 3 defeats.

Bravo is not a great keeper, hence why he is the Cup keeper, he unsettles our entire defence, and the way we play. Walker rightly getting a lot of stick for his Brain fart tonight, not making excuses for Walker ,but maybe he was so used to Ederson sweeping, he forgot who was in net. Over the last few weeks we have seen mistakes from our defenders in Premier League games .Ederson nearly always pulls them out of the shit with his quick attention to developing situations. Bravo does not have this calming affect on our defenders. Every time they play in front of him they look unsure.

Are we really going to go in to a Cup Final against Arsenal with our best Keeper sat on the bench because Guardiola puts his principles before the collective good of the team ?

We are talking of playing a Keeper who has an uncanny natural ability to be beaten by just about every shot fired at his goal, whether it be through shit keeping, bad luck. The mans a fucking jinx

Its one thing struggling past Championship sides in the early rounds like Wolves, getting away with disjointed team performance. To most likely playing a full strength Arsenal side at Wembley with Lacazette and Aubameyang up front. They need this Cup badly, but so do we.

It simply has to be Ederson because he is our best keeper,and he improves our chances of lifting the Cup drastically.
Last edited by zabbadabbado on Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Re: It Simply Has To Be Edderson On Sunday.

Postby RodneyRodney » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:30 am

+1
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Socrates » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:50 am

Yes, we lack forward momentum and organisation with Bravo in goal. We look an ordinary side. We struggled every round and should have lost to Wolves. Against a top 6 side we will struggle even more. I'd actually already been thinking we'd lose to Arsenal if he plays. Now, maybe, we have the opportunity to change it based on performance across both domestic cups. I hope so. I also hope fervently that Edderson stays fit for the remainder of the season. The league will be ok now but success in the Champs League would be much less likely with Bravo in goal.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby PeterParker » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:21 am

It would not be fair.

I think Bravo is a poor goalkepper, but Bravo played a huge part in reaching the final. He is the main reason we are here, so he has to play without doubt.
Last time we did something like this, we lost a final. Footballers are weird, a simple bad management decision can fuck our season.

I still have the Mancini moment in my head.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby aaron bond » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:21 am

It seems nailed on Bravo will play but it really should be Ederson.

Ederson is so key to how we play now. So calm on the ball, incredible ability to start attacks, and allows us to play such a high line as he’s effectively a sweeper.

When Bravo plays, not only do we have a much inferior shot stopper, we have to change our style of play at the back because Ederson is so much better.

Arsenal are likely to rest Cech and play Ospina. He’s a weaker goalkeeper for sure, but their outfield play won’t be as impacted as much as ours.

P.S. can the title of thread be edited please? We can at least spell the names of our own players correctly!
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Socrates » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:24 am

PeterParker wrote:It would not be fair.

I think Bravo is a poor goalkepper, but Bravo played a huge part in reaching the final. He is the main reason we are here, so he has to play without doubt.
Last time we did something like this, we lost a final. Footballers are weird, a simple bad management decision can fuck our season.

Then we will lose.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:28 am

Caballero had a mare the midweek before the Liverpool final. Look how that turned out.

I agree with you, PP. If the manager has promised Bravo that he will play, he plays. It really is as simple as that.

If you haven't got any principles and your word means nothing, then you are jose mourinho.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:57 am

Socrates wrote:Yes, we lack forward momentum and organisation with Bravo in goal. We look an ordinary side. We struggled every round and should have lost to Wolves. Against a top 6 side we will struggle even more. I'd actually already been thinking we'd lose to Arsenal if he plays. Now, maybe, we have the opportunity to change it based on performance across both domestic cups. I hope so. I also hope fervently that Edderson stays fit for the remainder of the season. The league will be ok now but success in the Champs League would be much less likely with Bravo in goal.

Nonsense, hid footwork was excellent last night, kept it ticking nicely, finding Fernandinho with some great passes through them whenever he had it.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby sheblue » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:45 am

Strongest team possible for the final.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Wooders » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:45 am

The we will lose with bravo in goal theory doesn’t hold up when you consider we’ve got to a final with him in goal and progressed ok’ish on the fa cup

Last nights loss was not because of bravo - a lack of quick decision making at the other end of the pitch meant we didn’t score goals, every time we were up there we either took a touch to many or passed it around too much which allowed Wigan to flood the box
As for the goal, an absolute brain fart from walker was the sole cause - not bravo even if they do lack confidence compared to Ederson
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby mr_nool » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:47 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Socrates wrote:Yes, we lack forward momentum and organisation with Bravo in goal. We look an ordinary side. We struggled every round and should have lost to Wolves. Against a top 6 side we will struggle even more. I'd actually already been thinking we'd lose to Arsenal if he plays. Now, maybe, we have the opportunity to change it based on performance across both domestic cups. I hope so. I also hope fervently that Edderson stays fit for the remainder of the season. The league will be ok now but success in the Champs League would be much less likely with Bravo in goal.

Nonsense, hid footwork was excellent last night, kept it ticking nicely, finding Fernandinho with some great passes through them whenever he had it.

I agree with this. Plus the pitch was just as bad for Bravo as for the outfield players, so if we blame our poor passing in general on the state of that cow field, Bravo should get the same get out of jail card (not that he needed it last night). Ederson in on another planet when it comes to footwork and distribution and Bravo clearly isn't on quite that level. But I would hazard to say that he is better at it than pretty much any other keeper in the Premier League.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby zuricity » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:49 am

Bravo in goal will be ok.

We seriously need to convert a few of the many chances we create.

Time for kun to wear his scoring boots.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:06 am

Bravo is not the problem.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:16 am

Despite what I said last night bravo should start. Not to do so could disrupt the team.

That said the fact that his shots to goals ratio is so shite I can't see how anyone can feel that we are ok with him in the net. We need to move him on asap.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:38 am

london blue 2 wrote:Despite what I said last night bravo should start. Not to do so could disrupt the team.

That said the fact that his shots to goals ratio is so shite I can't see how anyone can feel that we are ok with him in the net. We need to move him on asap.

In a different way to play Ederson could disrupt the team.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby zabbadabbado » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:41 am

aaron bond wrote:It seems nailed on Bravo will play but it really should be Ederson.

Ederson is so key to how we play now. So calm on the ball, incredible ability to start attacks, and allows us to play such a high line as he’s effectively a sweeper.

When Bravo plays, not only do we have a much inferior shot stopper, we have to change our style of play at the back because Ederson is so much better.

Arsenal are likely to rest Cech and play Ospina. He’s a weaker goalkeeper for sure, but their outfield play won’t be as impacted as much as ours.

P.S. can the title of thread be edited please? We can at least spell the names of our own players correctly!
Edited mate. :D
Spelling exotic sounding footballers names not my strong point* (* Off i go to see how spell aubmuayang) :lol: :lol:
Last edited by zabbadabbado on Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby hyper » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:42 am

Socrates wrote:

Then we will lose.

Agreed. Given fairness or another trophy, I'll take the trophy.

I might think differently if we were talking about a player who'd given heart and soul to the club, but we're talking about Bravo.
hyper
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: The Goat

Re: It Simply Has To Be Ederson On Sunday.

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:57 am

london blue 2 wrote:Despite what I said last night bravo should start. Not to do so could disrupt the team.

His ratio is decent this year, around 70 odd %, similar to Ederson, why are people ignoring this?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:04 am

His ratio is decent this year, around 70 odd %, similar to Ederson, why are people ignoring this?

Wigan had two shots on target mate. One went in.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:07 am

london blue 2 wrote:

Wigan had two shots on target mate. One went in.

And the same has happened to Ederson this season on occasion. It can happen like that when your defence hang you out to dry.

In fact, the game we just played against Leicester, they had 2 on target and scored 1.
Last edited by Foreverinbluedreams on Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum