Yellow Ribbon

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Yellow Ribbon

Postby Mase » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:35 pm

carolina-blue wrote:MUen reporting Pep accepts FA charge
So will they touchline ban him ?

I don’t think they can without a fine first can they? Ultimately though I don’t think he’s arsed too much.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:53 pm

Mase wrote:
carolina-blue wrote:MUen reporting Pep accepts FA charge
So will they touchline ban him ?

I don’t think they can without a fine first can they? Ultimately though I don’t think he’s arsed too much.

Surely touch line ban can only be for something that happened during a match like handbags with official or opposition staff?

It's madness either way round
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Nickyboy » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:14 am

Didn't the FA used to fine bacon face every week for refusing to do interviews with the BBC without escalation?

Sure Pep will just keep paying the fine and stick to his principles.

If they started taking sanctions that hindered his ability to manage the team like bans etc I'd hope he would find another way to show his support for his cause.

Tbf all this publicity for the imprisoned polititians is probably exactly what he wants
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Nickyboy » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:15 am

Didn't the FA used to fine bacon face every week for refusing to do interviews with the BBC without escalation?

Sure Pep will just keep paying the fine and stick to his principles.

If they started taking sanctions that hindered his ability to manage the team like bans etc I'd hope he would find another way to show his support for his cause.

Tbf all this publicity for the imprisoned polititians is probably exactly what he wants
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:59 am

apparently the ban on wearing it only extends to the touch line and is one of the reasons why he wears a scarf or that took his mum 6 years to knit.
there is no issue with him wearing it in press conferences etc...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Spider Legs » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:16 am

Guardiola and City should legally tear the FA apart for this after what their CHIEF EXECUTIVE Martin Glenn said yesterday when he compared the wearing of the Jewish Star of David to wearing a swastika. The Star of David is an official symbol of the religion and worn by Israel on their shirts!

"You can't have, and we don't want, football equipment to display political symbols," said Glenn. "To be very clear, his yellow ribbon is a political symbol, it's a symbol of Catalan independence. We have re-written Law Four of the game so that things like a poppy are OK. But things that are going to be highly divisive, and that could be strong religious symbols - it could be the Star of David, it could the hammer and sickle, it could be a swastika, anything like Robert Mugabe on your shirt - these are the things we don't want."

What he said is far more offensive than the wearing of a yellow ribbon in support of Catalonian independence. He's the one that should be charged!!
Spider Legs
Carlo Nash's Debut

My favourite player is: Peter Denis Tueart Barnes

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:37 pm

ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:57 pm

Spider Legs wrote:Guardiola and City should legally tear the FA apart for this after what their CHIEF EXECUTIVE Martin Glenn said yesterday when he compared the wearing of the Jewish Star of David to wearing a swastika. The Star of David is an official symbol of the religion and worn by Israel on their shirts!

There's no such thing as an "official" symbol of a religion. "Widely recognized/identified" is the term you're looking for. However, when it comes to the Star of David, I guess a lot comes down to context, a bit like with the Muslim 'shahada' symbol: It's on the Saudi Arabia flag, and is obviously flown/displayed at their football games, but put it on a black background, and it's pretty much obvious that you're out to antagonize/cause trouble.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby john@staustell » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:33 pm

Seems to me Glenn is a rather accident prone buffoon.

Get rid
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby City64 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:18 pm

john@staustell wrote:Seems to me Glenn is a rather accident prone buffoon.

Get rid

This has David Gills dirty work all over it , Glenn is his puppet !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:51 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Spider Legs wrote:Guardiola and City should legally tear the FA apart for this after what their CHIEF EXECUTIVE Martin Glenn said yesterday when he compared the wearing of the Jewish Star of David to wearing a swastika. The Star of David is an official symbol of the religion and worn by Israel on their shirts!

There's no such thing as an "official" symbol of a religion. "Widely recognized/identified" is the term you're looking for. However, when it comes to the Star of David, I guess a lot comes down to context, a bit like with the Muslim 'shahada' symbol: It's on the Saudi Arabia flag, and is obviously flown/displayed at their football games, but put it on a black background, and it's pretty much obvious that you're out to antagonize/cause trouble.

Never read so much bollocks.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Justified logic » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:35 pm

"You can't have, and we don't want, football equipment to display political symbols," said Glenn. "To be very clear, his yellow ribbon is a political symbol, it's a symbol of Catalan independence. We have re-written Law Four of the game so that things like a poppy are OK. But things that are going to be highly divisive, and that could be strong religious symbols - it could be the Star of David, it could the hammer and sickle, it could be a swastika, anything like Robert Mugabe on your shirt - these are the things we don't want."

What he said is far more offensive than the wearing of a yellow ribbon in support of Catalonian independence. He's the one that should be charged!!

It's not about Catalan independence, it's about being gaoled for sedition. ;)
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:26 pm

Justified logic wrote:

I wonder if Pep might investigate the possibility of taking the FA to task, under Article 10 of the Human Rights Convention, with regard to the right of freedom of expression.

It's a bit of a murky area but Pep could have a lot of fun, were he prepared to run with it.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Socrates » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:14 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

I wonder if Pep might investigate the possibility of taking the FA to task, under Article 10 of the Human Rights Convention, with regard to the right of freedom of expression.

It's a bit of a murky area but Pep could have a lot of fun, were he prepared to run with it.

I don't think he wants that much fuss. Fact is that he has been covering it up on the touchline he just got so cross at half time at Wigan that he forgot to do his jacket back up!
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:28 pm

fined 20k and "warned" about future conduct. the FA can F off.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:37 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:fined 20k and "warned" about future conduct. the FA can F off.

Where does this money go to ? charity or some stinking FA cunts trouser pockets?

Also...do they just make these fines up as they go along ? The same fuckign type of ribbon that I used to win at the school egg and spoon race when I was a kid??/

Fuckign hell.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:00 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:The same fuckign type of ribbon that I used to win at the school egg and spoon race when I was a kid??

Yeah, I think they gave ribbons to kids that couldn't be trusted with pin-on medals in my school, too.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby zuricity » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:31 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:fined 20k and "warned" about future conduct. the FA can F off.

Where does this money go to ? charity or some stinking FA cunts trouser pockets?

Also...do they just make these fines up as they go along ? The same fuckign type of ribbon that I used to win at the school egg and spoon race when I was a kid??/

Fuckign hell.

Just wait ! Now UEFA will fine City for the Basel fans setting off flares .

1. How did they get them into the stadium ? where was the control
2. How did they get them to England ( To drive from Basel is possible, about 15 hours tops ). Hopefully not on Flights !!
3. UEFA BS about Alcohol free games but still take sponsor money from Beer brewers. At the Basel game you could buy normal beer outside the stadium, sold by the CO-OP because they have a shopping centre at the stadium too. Work that one out UEFA. Right next to the ground you can buy alcoholic beverages.

As for Peps fine. What a joke, That loud mouth idiot at the FA should be sacked for his casual comparison of the star of David and Swastikas in the same context.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby nottsblue » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:56 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Fuckign hell.

Goes into the pot to pay up Chuckles contract when he's sacked.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum