This Week's Games | 24 - 25 Feb 18

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: This Week's Games | 24 - 25 Feb 18

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:27 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:Conte will be gone at the end of the season 100%

Good...he has no neck and this makes for uncomfortable viewing.

Pretty sure he still thinks it’s 1980 with that haircut as well.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Swales4ever » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:08 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:Conte will be gone at the end of the season 100%

Good...he has no neck and this makes for uncomfortable viewing.

Lol
Just a southern peasant who belongs to his juventus fabric.
A terrone in a word.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:44 pm

What a strange first half in the replay with Spurs v Rochdale. Didn't see the VAR disallowed goal but the penalty decision was very wierd. Foul starts outside the box, continues and travels about 8 yards and then falls a yard in the box. Took a couple of minutes for VAR to call it. Son steps up, actually stops to make the goalkeeper move before taking the shot. Scores, ref calls it back, books Son and then gives a FK to Rochdale.

Now, the result of that seems very straight forward but I've never seen it before.

VAR looks to have got it right but Spurs are going mad as it's taking so long to get to the decision.

Oh, and Rochdale scored to make it 1-1 and then hit the post.

Really enjoyed laughing at Spurs that half.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:17 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:What a strange first half in the replay with Spurs v Rochdale. Didn't see the VAR disallowed goal but the penalty decision was very wierd. Foul starts outside the box, continues and travels about 8 yards and then falls a yard in the box. Took a couple of minutes for VAR to call it. Son steps up, actually stops to make the goalkeeper move before taking the shot. Scores, ref calls it back, books Son and then gives a FK to Rochdale.

Now, the result of that seems very straight forward but I've never seen it before.

VAR looks to have got it right but Spurs are going mad as it's taking so long to get to the decision.

Surely Son should retake the pen if the refs pulled it up for him stopping? If a goalkeeper saves it but is off his line it’s retaken - not just given as a goal.

That makes no sense.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:34 pm

Mase wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:What a strange first half in the replay with Spurs v Rochdale. Didn't see the VAR disallowed goal but the penalty decision was very wierd. Foul starts outside the box, continues and travels about 8 yards and then falls a yard in the box. Took a couple of minutes for VAR to call it. Son steps up, actually stops to make the goalkeeper move before taking the shot. Scores, ref calls it back, books Son and then gives a FK to Rochdale.

Surely Son should retake the pen if the refs pulled it up for him stopping? If a goalkeeper saves it but is off his line it’s retaken - not just given as a goal.

That makes no sense.

Newish law brought in forbidding the penalty taker to check/stop in the run up. If deemed that it has then the penalty isn't to be retaken and a foul against the penalty taker be awarded.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby nottsblue » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:38 pm

You would think a stadium the size of Wembley would have an orange ball as well
nottsblue

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:48 pm

nottsblue wrote:You would think a stadium the size of Wembley would have an orange ball as well

What was going on there? Couldn't see the ball but didn't seem to affect the players too much.

Sounds strange but glad the Spuds went through. Now we're out, want has much competition for the Rags as possible.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby nottsblue » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:10 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:You would think a stadium the size of Wembley would have an orange ball as well

What was going on there? Couldn't see the ball but didn't seem to affect the players too much.

Sounds strange but glad the Spuds went through. Now we're out, want has much competition for the Rags as possible.

Yeah, thought it was quite hard to follow the flow of the game. Anyone but the rags for the trophy!
nottsblue

Postby Mase » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:11 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

That makes no sense.

Newish law brought in forbidding the penalty taker to check/stop in the run up. If deemed that it has then the penalty isn't to be retaken and a foul against the penalty taker be awarded.

That’s absolutely ridiculous. Again leaving it up to the referees interpretation - some may class slowing down near to a stop as a stop and some not. Football is fucked.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:12 pm

Well pleased the pen was disallowed as that was a full stop and not a stutter. And anyway I don't think the pen should have been given. The real foul was outside the box but Tripp was clever enough to keep going and then (imo) dive once he got past the line. Free kick and a booking for diving ::))
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum