The Best Premier League Side Ever?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Best Premier League Side Ever?

Postby ruralblue » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:41 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
phips wrote:no thanks.

my point still stands: if you want to be the best side ever you cant draw with this season's Burnley. or worse still, this season's Crystal Palace.

No it doesn't. Not by a long way.

Jesus you are so fucking cock sure of everything you say that you won't even look and stand corrected. This team, if they carry on the way they are going, will be the best the Premiership has ever seen.

Clown
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Mase » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:42 pm

Phips openly admitted that he didn’t start following English football until a few years ago so he’s winding you all up. It’s obvious.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:45 pm

We are better than Monica Bellucci's tits.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby zuricity » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:50 pm

PeterParker wrote:We are better than Monica Bellucci's tits.

fair points , but simply not better that Greta Scacchis in her prime
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:10 pm

during the half time punditry last night Henry was reviewing the goals and stated that this was some of the all time best play and fans all over the world were flocking to watch Man City.

The football is doing the talking and if this team cements its place as one of the all time greats by winning enough stuff then there will be nothing anyone can do to stop the tidal wave of appreciation. The club will be world phenomenon and placed on a pedestal like the others that have gone before.
This team will be legends in the PL of that there is only minor doubt, if they can win the CL it will be global.

Interestingly though it is the way in which they play that is winning fans... not just winning games.

Chelsea won the CL remember and hardly anyone ( outside the club ) celebrated it at all, it was a damp squib due to the way they played.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:07 am

ruralblue wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

my point still stands: if you want to be the best side ever you cant draw with this season's Burnley. or worse still, this season's Crystal Palace.

Jesus you are so fucking cock sure of everything you say that you won't even look and stand corrected. This team, if they carry on the way they are going, will be the best the Premiership has ever seen.

Clown

You talking to me? :)
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Swales4ever » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:13 am

zuricity wrote:

It's post like this, herr Zurich, that makes me hate that You pretend to "hate" me.
We not only share a passion for the same football club and a very similar intelligence of the game.
I can't in all honesty recall to have actually dreamt away on a celebrity but Greta.
[In fact, I'd call the slight hard occurred upon watching Sharon Stone dancing in Basic Instinct more of a sign of artistic appreciation, quite possibly influenced by what I was already projecting on the bird next to me that night] :twisted:

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Swales4ever » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:20 am

ruralblue wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

Clown

Ouch!
Is it really You, Rural?
In the positive, please be aware that I would love whatever "tea" You had today. It's been a surprisingly stressful start of 2018 and Am already in the need for something special :evil:

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:05 am

sandman wrote:The 99 season was won with only 79 points, the treble was only achievable because everybody else was so shite, we will have passed that many points in March.

Also the Invincibles finished on 90 points, we could lose five more games and still match that.

So who is the best Premier League side ever?

There have been some great pl sides. United from 99-03. Arsenal over a similar period. Chelsea 04-08. United again in 06-09. We have been knocking on the door since 2011 or so but haven't really cemented a place in that bracket yet.

This feels like a thread a united fan would start at this point, trying to hold onto past glories. I would be fairly confident that in 2-3 years time we will be talked about as one of the greatest but not now. It's like talking of Newcastle as one of the greatest pl sides of all time in the late 90's.

Some of the football we are playing is the best I've seen in the pl and a joy to watch but next year will be a huge test mentally. Winning titles and cups back to back is what rightly gets you into the goat bracket
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby phips » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:55 am

Wonderwall wrote:

So who, in your opinion is the best prem side ever?
If you go for United's treble winners who lost a few and also drew with Blackburn who were relegated that year and Wimbledon who only just survived?

Maybe Chelsea 2004/5 team who lost and drew to 8th placed Manchester city?

i have no answer to this. im not knowledgable enough. im not even going to pretend to know.

my entire "argument" was merely that imo "the best side ever" wins when it should (barring catastrophic injury or something).
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby aaron bond » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:34 am

phips wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

So who, in your opinion is the best prem side ever?
If you go for United's treble winners who lost a few and also drew with Blackburn who were relegated that year and Wimbledon who only just survived?

Maybe Chelsea 2004/5 team who lost and drew to 8th placed Manchester city?

i have no answer to this. im not knowledgable enough. im not even going to pretend to know.

my entire "argument" was merely that imo "the best side ever" wins when it should (barring catastrophic injury or something).

So you don't know who the best ever team is? But you're sure it can't be us, despite not knowing what the benchmarks are...
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby PeterParker » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:58 am

zuricity wrote:

Fair play to Greta's tits, even Sophia Loren's, but it think Monica's are better. They are a joy to watch, like us.

They were bouncing in Malena in a way that I could describe the passing between KDB and Silva.

Art.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby mr_nool » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:43 am

I do agree that we have to win more under a sustained period to be considered one of the great sides of English football. But what we are doing this season is definitely up there as one of the best – or fuck the modesty, the best – performances ever. We're breaking records left, right and centre.

And people who claim that the league is weaker this season are talking out of their arses. The only anomaly is us. All other teams are on level with the point tally that team 2–6 usually have.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Mase » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:48 am

mr_nool wrote:I do agree that we have to win more under a sustained period to be considered one of the great sides of English football. But what we are doing this season is definitely up there as one of the best – or fuck the modesty, the best – performances ever. We're breaking records left, right and centre.

And people who claim that the league is weaker this season are talking out of their arses. The only anomaly is us. All other teams are on level with the point tally that team 2–6 usually have.

Can’t remember where I saw it but there was something saying that in most other seasons United would be top with the points they have. The weaker argument is bollocks. Especially with everyone sucking off Liverpool. They can’t have it both ways.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby budfox » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:58 am

It entirely depends on how you measure "best". If you mean playing the best football there's ever been in the Premier League then I think we are. Measure it with trophies though and we're a mile off the pace.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby Original Dub » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:06 am

Yes, we are the best.

It's obvious if you have a pair of eyes and if you look at all the stats.

The end.
Original Dub

Postby mr_nool » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:20 am

Mase wrote:
mr_nool wrote:I do agree that we have to win more under a sustained period to be considered one of the great sides of English football. But what we are doing this season is definitely up there as one of the best – or fuck the modesty, the best – performances ever. We're breaking records left, right and centre.

Can’t remember where I saw it but there was something saying that in most other seasons United would be top with the points they have. The weaker argument is bollocks. Especially with everyone sucking off Liverpool. They can’t have it both ways.

Stealing my own tweets here :-)

United would only have been in first place one out of the last five seasons, but looking at team 2-6, this season is just as good as any other:

Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:35 am

We drew with palace Burnley and Everton yes, but we pummeled them for the majority. Had that been a boxing match the towel would have been thrown in. This stuff happens in football to the very best teams.

our only real blemishes on the season are Wigan and to a lesser extent Liverpool where silly defending killed us.

I haven't seen a team play better football in premier league history.
Last edited by london blue 2 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby patrickblue » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:35 am

mr_nool wrote:

TBH, I think the only person saying that has been Dogger Stan, and he's finally realised that everyone is laughing at him and has now shut up.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby patrickblue » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:40 am

london blue 2 wrote:We drew with palace Burnley and Everton yes, but we pummeled them for the majority. Had that been a boxing match the towel would have been thrown in. This stuff happens in football to the very best teams.

our only real blemishes on the season are Wigan and to a lesser extent Liverpool where silly defending killed us.

I haven't seen a team play better football in premier league history.

To be fair, we battered Wigan as well, but it's football and shit happens.

Liverpool could have been 10-10 or 10-0 either way and any score in between. Two world class forward lines against two mediocre defences.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum