Lawro & DC predictions v Chavs (H)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lawro & DC predictions v Chavs (H)

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:47 pm

Lawro is taking on Katrina Johnson-Thompson. Johnson-Thompson is a Liverpool fan and her favourite player is Reds legend Slippy-G.
Lawro and Merson are both in a positive mood this week and for once I think I understood Mersons waffle! You can always count steady eddie Lawro, he never wavers from the courage of his convictions :lol: :lol:

Lawro says

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43230899

I was at Old Trafford last weekend to watch Chelsea's game against Manchester United and, for half an hour, Chelsea were very good.

Eden Hazard was dangerous and Willian was outstanding, but they quickly fell away and the second half was very different.
I have also never seen a centre-forward fall over so much without any contact as Blues striker Alvaro Morata did. It was incredible - and exasperating - to watch.
I backed Manchester United to win that game because you cannot rely on Chelsea anymore, and the same goes when they face City at Etihad Stadium too.

Antonio Conte's team did not look great defensively and I don't think Thibaut Courtois looking like the outstanding and commanding goalkeeper he can be, either. That does not bode well for a trip to the Etihad.

Manchester City have their first trophy in the bag after winning the Carabao Cup and I think it will kick them on as they look to secure more.
They are playing Arsenal and Chelsea in the space of three days yet they are so far ahead in the title race that it does not feel like they are under any pressure.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0
KJT has not given her predictions yet, but she will go for a Chelsea win as she is an envious scouser

Merson says

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... -v-chelsea

Chelsea have to go to the Etihad and try to win, it's as simple as that. If Tottenham and Liverpool win this weekend like I expect them to, then nothing but a win will do for the Blues. That makes this game even more intriguing than it already is but I just can't see how you can take the game to Man City.

I was impressed by City at the Emirates. I've played in cup finals and come back and won in the next game and it's a difficult thing to do. Arsenal did make it easy for them but fair play to City, they are relentless. They are going to try and wrap this league up as quickly as they possibly can so they can concentrate on the Champions League, starting by beating Chelsea.

PAUL PREDICTS: 3-1 (11/1 with Sky Bet)
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Lawro & DC predictions v Chavs (H)

Postby nottsblue » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:11 pm

Wow, DC in coherent shocker.

Lawro his usual understated self
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:17 pm

Either of those scorelines would be fine.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Justified logic » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:54 pm

Katarina's prediction: "It's a big game but sometimes they're a bit over-hyped these fixtures."1-0

Well, as a deluded Liverpool fan, she should know all about that.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Return to The Maine Football forum