yawn

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: yawn

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:25 pm

City64 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
City64 wrote:Couch cunts getting bored watching tv .........

Ooiiii, just because you've been sat in your plastic blue seat doesn't mean the rest of us can't enjoy the Stella and warmth of the armchair.

Just putting my feet up after supporting my team from the comfort of my home. Oh, it's a hard life ;-)

I’m sat at deansgate station freezing my fucking nuts off and dying for a piss !

Good I hope He bogs are broke pissy knickers :mrgreen:
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby failsworthblue » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:05 pm

Loved the way we controlled the game.

I will never get bored of watching this team and especially David Silva.

We are witnessing greatness before our eyes.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:25 pm

Not bored and never worried. A bit embarrassed for the Chavs maybe.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:39 pm

Totally destroyed Chelsea and reduced them to this :lol: :lol: :lol:

london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Mase » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:41 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Totally destroyed Chelsea and reduced them to this :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fabregas looks about 80 on that, the shit twat!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PrezIke » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:50 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:we’re so much better than everyone else that it’s actually becoming boring
the 2nd halves of the last 2 games have been shit. not blaming us but the gutless cunts we’re playing. they need to start making a game of it. too fucking easy it at the mo..

First place problems.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby frankswift » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:19 pm

Mase wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Totally destroyed Chelsea and reduced them to this :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fabregas looks about 80 on that, the shit twat!

If we've sealed it by the time we meet the rags I'd love to see 90 minutes of this just to shove it further up 'em and so Maureen goes off on one*.

*But not so bad that he explodes - I want him managing that shower for many years to come.
frankswift
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Take a wild guess
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby mr_nool » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:22 pm

No wonder Gundogan had like 900 passes.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:03 am

Know where You're coming from with this, Nige.
Upon thoughtful consideration of question underneath I'd comment like this:
as a customer of City Group I might share a slight disappointment on such trend of recent;
as MCFC fan (well, ok... a Gaijin (外人) one) I am elated, over the moon, by realising that City is getting consistent in kiĺling games ruthlessly and then freezing them while stiĺl bossing them.
As You Know, that's the ultimate sign of a side established into greatness.
Long may City continue killing games as early as possible and then just keep bossing them freeze.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby john68 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:25 am

To achieve a situation where some of Europe's top teams are so afraid and so dominated physically and mentally that they and their coaches almost refuse to compete, takes a tremendous amount of hard work.
With City, this season, we are watching the upliftiing of individual skills that are woven into a playing pattern of a whole. We are seeing mental and physical strength. the refusal to be beaten neither mentally nor physically.
as opposed to the playing strategies of many coaches, what we are seeing if football as an art form. The movement is almost balletic. And the outcome is a thing of football beauty.
That the coaches and players of some of thebest teams in Europe and probably the World are unable to cope with it makes it all the more exciting and should be pleasureable for the City fan.

If someone finds the whole thing boring, I suggest they move over to Goodison and take their exciting delights in watching the kick it long ans chase efforts offered by the intellect of Big Fat Sam.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:50 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:we’re so much better than everyone else that it’s actually becoming boring
the 2nd halves of the last 2 games have been shit. not blaming us but the gutless cunts we’re playing. they need to start making a game of it. too fucking easy it at the mo..

As I said in the match thread that was the most boring game I’ve ever seen. I put zero blame onto city, Chelsea never wanted the ball and were happy to watch us pass. Once you’re a goal up and the other team is happy to lose this is what happens. What anti football and anti excitement shit it was from the cowardly Chelsea.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby patrickblue » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:27 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

As I said in the match thread that was the most boring game I’ve ever seen. I put zero blame onto city, Chelsea never wanted the ball and were happy to watch us pass. Once you’re a goal up and the other team is happy to lose this is what happens. What anti football and anti excitement shit it was from the cowardly Chelsea.

I have to admit to finding Barcelona in their pomp similarly boring.
Which is probably the biggest compliment I could pay City.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:14 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

i posted the same about 6 or 7 years ago on this forum and got slammed for it. If you dont support the club then it gets boring. So in the bigger picture for the Club winning over neutrals it becomes a bit of an issue. In the Getting Better thread i make the point of how we are different from that Barca side ( they never really had a proper plan B - they would just run through the same motions for 90 mins ), we can already mix play up and when Guardiola gets it set up exactly how he is looking to do i think we will mix it up even more - Mendy and 2 strikers.

If PG signs a new contract for 5 years and develops his system even more towards the end of this season and next then the rest of the clubs in the Prem are going to have to move from shitting it to something in response...

I think it might have been one of the shit teams in La Liga like Betis who eventually just decided to leave 3 players up front near the half way line and fuck it in terms of trying to out defend. This actually worked and they caught out Barca twice in one season.

Also it is telling that the only team that have gone toe to toe in the PL have a manger that has played PG domestically plenty of times - Klopp
Personally i can see there being a shift coming in the PL, old guard managers will start getting dumped and younger ones advocating one touch attacking play and athletic pressing will get their chance.

if Guardiola signs for 5 years there will be a lot of Club owners with their head in their hands the very next morning. PL product is at stake also, so that will get factored in as well.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:37 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

We should get Pep to sign for those five years, but tell him secretly it's for show and he can go when he wants, just to get the others to slit their wrists.
i posted the same about 6 or 7 years ago on this forum and got slammed for it. If you dont support the club then it gets boring. So in the bigger picture for the Club winning over neutrals it becomes a bit of an issue. In the Getting Better thread i make the point of how we are different from that Barca side ( they never really had a proper plan B - they would just run through the same motions for 90 mins ), we can already mix play up and when Guardiola gets it set up exactly how he is looking to do i think we will mix it up even more - Mendy and 2 strikers.

If PG signs a new contract for 5 years and develops his system even more towards the end of this season and next then the rest of the clubs in the Prem are going to have to move from shitting it to something in response...

I think it might have been one of the shit teams in La Liga like Betis who eventually just decided to leave 3 players up front near the half way line and fuck it in terms of trying to out defend. This actually worked and they caught out Barca twice in one season.

Also it is telling that the only team that have gone toe to toe in the PL have a manger that has played PG domestically plenty of times - Klopp
Personally i can see there being a shift coming in the PL, old guard managers will start getting dumped and younger ones advocating one touch attacking play and athletic pressing will get their chance.

if Guardiola signs for 5 years there will be a lot of Club owners with their head in their hands the very next morning. PL product is at stake also, so that will get factored in as well.
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:27 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

Well... this most certainly well articulated and carrying some pointed merits (ie to say not very much to argue with most of it) comes across to me just a tad dark, brite.
At least, like or loathe it, lest never forget that this is also a multibillions biz, where populism and guts leaning approaches are doomed to lose grab by the day. I would cite the zero impact that wishful thinking like FFP have had either on clubs like City, taking a more moderate establishment-leaning stance or more progressive zero arsed ones like PSG.... if I wasn't fearing to resurface lysergic debates I am not arsed to take part of.

So... in less Yodaish nutshell... relax, bud, enjoy the ride... nothing is gonna stop City, irrespectively (unless, theoretically only, their appetite for self destruction so deeply imprinted in dna :twisted: )

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:28 am

Someone in the press making the same point about City's potential dominance of the PL...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... ve-tactics

No analysis of what clubs might do in the face of this though, pretty pathetic reporting
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby City64 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:56 am

Didn’t Leicester City win the league just a couple of seasons ago ??? No one thought it could ever happen but it did , now City are playing mind blowing football and dominating everyone suddenly has short memories ......... absolutely fucking pathetic but suits the agenda out there !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby zuricity » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:51 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

Klopp got lucky at Scousepool , we had a crazy 15 minute spell . Three of their goals were gifted to them and i am quite sure that the freekick at the end should have given us more. A few more minutes and it would have been 4-4.

So no, Klopp did not see a way around us, he couldn’t believe his luck at our cock ups.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby zuricity » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:52 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

Klopp got lucky at Scousepool , we had a crazy 15 minute spell . Three of their goals were gifted to them and i am quite sure that the freekick at the end should have given us more. A few more minutes and it would have been 4-4.

So no, Klopp did not see a way around us, he couldn’t believe his luck at our cock ups.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:49 pm

my take is that the Kloppers got in our face more than any other team... which will may well have effected us to make those mistakes, plus they have the players to take advantage of the space we leave. It could have been their gameplan for all we know.

Yes they got lucky, but i'd say dont completely rule out them making some of that luck, surely that is a part of what football is about.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum