Age profile - hats of to the Spafia

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Age profile - hats of to the Spafia

Postby Dimples » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:32 pm

Starting 11 (without players aged 28+ at start of next season):

Ederson(25)

Walker(28) Stones(24) Laporte(24) Mendy(24)

Gundogan (27)

Bernado(24) De Bruyne(27)

Sterling(23) Jesus(21) Sane(22)

Bench:

Gunn(22)

Tosin(20)
Maffeo(21)
Angelino(21)

Garcia(21)
Diaz(19)
Foden(18)
Zinchenko(21)

That is a very strong starting 11. Good enough to beat most PL teams. Each one of that starting 11 is a regular. 8 players 24 years old or less.
Look at the emerging talent - future world starts in that lot if they stay focused and avoid serious injury (Diaz, Foden, Gunn...).

The age profile is incredibly low.

Hats of to the Spafia - comments please.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Re: Age profile - hats of to the Spafia

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:50 pm

I suspect Fred will fit nicely in there. It's a much better picture than a couple of years or so ago.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dipstick » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:53 pm

I'd have Danilo on the bench rather than Angelino. Patrick Roberts also worth considering for the bench.

Also, Ginger Kev is only 26.
"People say I'm egocentric, but enough about them." Lily Allen
Dipstick
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchster CIty
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:58 pm

Dipstick wrote:I'd have Danilo on the bench rather than Angelino. Patrick Roberts also worth considering for the bench.

Also, Ginger Kev is only 26.

I'd agree with Danilo. I'm not sure about Angelino's defensive capabilities. Roberts seems to have regular experience njury problems. I hope he grows out of that.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:11 pm

incredible to think sane is only 22. unlimited potential.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Mase » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:27 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:incredible to think sane is only 22. unlimited potential.

Sterling also, who’s young than him.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nickyboy » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:08 am

To be honest Silva is showing no signs of slowing down despite his age. He's getting better if anything
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:17 am

It's almost as if this was the plan all along, allow contracts to run down with ageing players so the cost of getting rid is minimal and then give Guardiola somewhat of a blank canvas to build his own squad.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:18 am

Almost forgot to mention, Spafia Out.

or should that be Catalfia Out? nah doesn't quite have the same ring to it.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:21 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:It's almost as if this was the plan all along, allow contracts to run down with ageing players so the cost of getting rid is minimal and then give Guardiola somewhat of a blank canvas to build his own squad.

But why give Yaya a year extension last summer then?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby City64 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:26 am

Spafia in !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:34 am

Mase wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:It's almost as if this was the plan all along, allow contracts to run down with ageing players so the cost of getting rid is minimal and then give Guardiola somewhat of a blank canvas to build his own squad.

Because we couldn't afford his replacement.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:07 am

Mase wrote:

Not sure but no harm being done Mase, maybe Fred in the summer brings down the curtain on Yaya at City !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:26 pm

Rather than start a new thread I'll post this piece in here as it's loosely related.

https://www.coachesvoice.com/the-apprentice/

When Txiki (Begiristain, Manchester City’s director of football) came to speak to me in 2013, it seemed like that right opportunity.

They chose me because of what I could offer in terms of football. And, for me, Manchester City was a club that was similar to Villarreal in some ways: very hierarchical, very well organised and a place where you get all the facilities, trust and support to work well.

The idea of football that City’s chairman Khaldoon (Al Mubarak), executive director Ferran Soriano and Txiki had was similar to mine, too. Attacking football. The kind of football where people go to the ground not only to see their team win 1-0, but to see a team that tries to be entertaining.

In my first year at the club, we had the opportunity really to shape things how we wanted, with the players we wanted.

It was a team that put on a fantastic show. A team that scored 100 goals faster than any other in Premier League history. A team that beat Liverpool in a wonderful late race for the title in the last few matches.

That run of games showed just how strong the group was, to win them all and take the Premier League title, having already won the League Cup at Wembley.

It was an amazing year. Unforgettable times in my life as a manager.

Coming into a new league, you might need time to adjust. Luckily, having been in Europe for many years I already had a great understanding. Maybe there were a lot of doubters, but to win the Premier League in that first year – with the ideas I had about football, and then instilling them in the team – was just so satisfying.

I think we were able to combine the very direct style of play in England with possession football. Not exaggerated possession, because you have to respect the idiosyncrasy of the English fans, who like the direct approach – the second ball, the crosses into the box, the finish.

What we had was a mixture of the football I had practised my whole career with something a bit more direct, which the English league requires.

I did make one mistake in my time at City, though.

I said I would end my contract after three years. After that, I said we would see. Not just for me and my career, but because of Ferran and Txiki’s plans to carry on their strategy with Pep Guardiola, who they had worked with at Barcelona for a long time.

There is a lot of trust between those two and myself, so I was always kept in the loop about the plans to try and bring Guardiola to the club. I knew that if he hadn’t wanted to come to City for any reason, they weren’t going to interview for a manager. They would come straight to me.

But I learned something from the experience in my final season. It’s the same in the case of Sir Alex Ferguson. With all the experience and influence he had at Manchester United, he made his first retirement announcement several months early. I think he always described it as a mistake in his career. I also describe mine as a mistake.

Because, as much as you don’t want it to be this way, the group has a tendency to relax. To start thinking about the next step.

That’s why I say that as a manager you have to keep on learning. Carry on reading.

To be a manager in the Premier League is an unforgettable experience. One that I would always recommend to managers who haven’t been able to do it yet. As far as I’m concerned, it’s the best league in the world as a whole. No doubt about it.

Okay, I’ve always said that perhaps the best football from a technical point of view is played in Spain, because there are great players and you have teams like Real Madrid and Villarreal that make it particularly attractive.

But if you add it all up – the whole football environment around a league, the quality of the spectacle, the respect of the fans, the respect for the players, the football grounds, the emotions, the party atmosphere, the support of the fans, which is the same whatever match the team is playing – it’s a league that, as a manager, you just can’t stop enjoying.

It’s an experience you have to have, if you get the chance.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:10 pm

Mase wrote:

It was in lieu of a birthday cake the previous year I heard.....
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:02 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Rather than start a new thread I'll post this piece in here as it's loosely related.

https://www.coachesvoice.com/the-apprentice/

When Txiki (Begiristain, Manchester City’s director of football) came to speak to me in 2013, it seemed like that right opportunity.

They chose me because of what I could offer in terms of football. And, for me, Manchester City was a club that was similar to Villarreal in some ways: very hierarchical, very well organised and a place where you get all the facilities, trust and support to work well.

The idea of football that City’s chairman Khaldoon (Al Mubarak), executive director Ferran Soriano and Txiki had was similar to mine, too. Attacking football. The kind of football where people go to the ground not only to see their team win 1-0, but to see a team that tries to be entertaining.

In my first year at the club, we had the opportunity really to shape things how we wanted, with the players we wanted.

It was a team that put on a fantastic show. A team that scored 100 goals faster than any other in Premier League history. A team that beat Liverpool in a wonderful late race for the title in the last few matches.

That run of games showed just how strong the group was, to win them all and take the Premier League title, having already won the League Cup at Wembley.

It was an amazing year. Unforgettable times in my life as a manager.

Coming into a new league, you might need time to adjust. Luckily, having been in Europe for many years I already had a great understanding. Maybe there were a lot of doubters, but to win the Premier League in that first year – with the ideas I had about football, and then instilling them in the team – was just so satisfying.

I think we were able to combine the very direct style of play in England with possession football. Not exaggerated possession, because you have to respect the idiosyncrasy of the English fans, who like the direct approach – the second ball, the crosses into the box, the finish.

What we had was a mixture of the football I had practised my whole career with something a bit more direct, which the English league requires.

I did make one mistake in my time at City, though.

I said I would end my contract after three years. After that, I said we would see. Not just for me and my career, but because of Ferran and Txiki’s plans to carry on their strategy with Pep Guardiola, who they had worked with at Barcelona for a long time.

There is a lot of trust between those two and myself, so I was always kept in the loop about the plans to try and bring Guardiola to the club. I knew that if he hadn’t wanted to come to City for any reason, they weren’t going to interview for a manager. They would come straight to me.

But I learned something from the experience in my final season. It’s the same in the case of Sir Alex Ferguson. With all the experience and influence he had at Manchester United, he made his first retirement announcement several months early. I think he always described it as a mistake in his career. I also describe mine as a mistake.

Because, as much as you don’t want it to be this way, the group has a tendency to relax. To start thinking about the next step.

That’s why I say that as a manager you have to keep on learning. Carry on reading.

To be a manager in the Premier League is an unforgettable experience. One that I would always recommend to managers who haven’t been able to do it yet. As far as I’m concerned, it’s the best league in the world as a whole. No doubt about it.

Okay, I’ve always said that perhaps the best football from a technical point of view is played in Spain, because there are great players and you have teams like Real Madrid and Villarreal that make it particularly attractive.

But if you add it all up – the whole football environment around a league, the quality of the spectacle, the respect of the fans, the respect for the players, the football grounds, the emotions, the party atmosphere, the support of the fans, which is the same whatever match the team is playing – it’s a league that, as a manager, you just can’t stop enjoying.

It’s an experience you have to have, if you get the chance.

Class act. Thanks for posting.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby zuricity » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:04 pm

Dimples wrote:Starting 11 (without players aged 28+ at start of next season):

Ederson(25)

Walker(28) Stones(24) Laporte(24) Mendy(24)

Gundogan (27)

Bernado(24) De Bruyne(27)

Sterling(23) Jesus(21) Sane(22)

Bench:

Gunn(22)

Tosin(20)
Maffeo(21)
Angelino(21)

Garcia(21)
Diaz(19)
Foden(18)
Zinchenko(21)

That is a very strong starting 11. Good enough to beat most PL teams. Each one of that starting 11 is a regular. 8 players 24 years old or less.
Look at the emerging talent - future world starts in that lot if they stay focused and avoid serious injury (Diaz, Foden, Gunn...).

The age profile is incredibly low.

Hats of to the Spafia - comments please.

re your starting eleven, i rather suspect Pep had more to do with it. He knew of gundo , kdb , Sane,
laporte, Ederson , bernardo and Mendy probably before the spafia.

So no , i wouldn’t say it is down to the Spafia at all.

They have screwed up as many times as we have bought quality.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Nickyboy » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:26 pm

Mase wrote:

May be part of a bigger plan for Yayas future role in the CFG so had to give him the year as a sweetener
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Return to The Maine Football forum