Winning the league

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Winning the league

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:44 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Must be in a minority as I am not really bothered when we win it, just that we are going to win it. The rags and dippers are going to have all summer for us to take the piss. A simple thrashing of them would suffice for me

This.

It's also a pity that the game at Klanfield didn't last a few minutes longer, as we could have salvaged a draw from that fixture and put the Scousers in their place.

Might be a blessing in disguise. If we were still unbeaten, pep would be under pressure to keep that run going and possibly play players that he will now be able to rest before the CL quarter final games.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby IanWright » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:54 pm

Would it be the earliest a team has won it in the Premiership era, should you win it in the derby?

Of course, I'm ignoring the fact that you could win it sooner, if you win both of your next 2 games and the Rags n Dippers don't get maximum points from their next 2...
"If you asked 100 people, 99 would say Adebayor was wrong. The 100th would be Mark Hughes." Arsene Wenger
IanWright
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Arsenal
My favourite player is: Paul Merson

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:32 pm

IanWright wrote:Would it be the earliest a team has won it in the Premiership era, should you win it in the derby?

Of course, I'm ignoring the fact that you could win it sooner, if you win both of your next 2 games and the Rags n Dippers don't get maximum points from their next 2...

More concerned that we win our next two.
Well....one game at a time actually. Two away games to deal with first.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Justified logic » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:27 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Must be in a minority as I am not really bothered when we win it, just that we are going to win it. The rags and dippers are going to have all summer for us to take the piss. A simple thrashing of them would suffice for me

This.

It's also a pity that the game at Klanfield didn't last a few minutes longer, as we could have salvaged a draw from that fixture and put the Scousers in their place.

Might be a blessing in disguise. If we were still unbeaten, pep would be under pressure to keep that run going and possibly play players that he will now be able to rest before the CL quarter final games.

I don't think Pep will be too bothered about breaking PL records this season because if we don't break them then the team will have something to better next season, whereas if we do break records the pressure will be on to do even better next season. As such, once the title is won I expect Pep to rotate and experiment quite a bit anyway and give the kids and the new players more time. Please god he doesn't waste a position by giving Yaya game time.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:45 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
IanWright wrote:Would it be the earliest a team has won it in the Premiership era, should you win it in the derby?

More concerned that we win our next two.
Well....one game at a time actually. Two away games to deal with first.

Very true IWT.

But in answer to the question, i think i read somewhere recently the earliest a PL has been won has been 14th April. Not sure ofcthe matchday number. So its likely we may also break this record and as its one the rags hold, then so much the sweeter
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Swales4ever » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:50 pm

Gotta agree with JL.
Lest not forget this should be still considered a transitional season.
First one where Pep has had a chance to step in, and after most surely Khaldoon had to ring the Spafia bells, on that the glory free milking days Must had to be considered over.

Next season the Pep's roster will be pretty much the one for start building the Dinasty.
This season overexcedeed expectations, no matter of if it'll end up with a premature Chump in the trophy room, or not.
Imho.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Sister of fu » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:09 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:If we both win our next two then victory in the derby for City will seal the title.

I’m so happy that my honeymoon has been booked and I’m away for the derby :oops:

Rookie mistake. You'll plan your next wedding better ;)

So where're you heading for the honey moon?

Mexico. I’m sure I will find a bar with it on. The wedding was originally booked in for May last year but due to my other half being pregnant it got pushed back. I should have paid more attention instead of doing as I was told... :lol:
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:45 am

I’ve to go to a wedding that day too.
Wife’s brother getting married and no way out of it.
Hope to God we’re not in the middle of dinner when it’s on.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby mr_nool » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:38 am

Sister of fu wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:If we both win our next two then victory in the derby for City will seal the title.

I’m so happy that my honeymoon has been booked and I’m away for the derby :oops:

Mexico. I’m sure I will find a bar with it on. The wedding was originally booked in for May last year but due to my other half being pregnant it got pushed back. I should have paid more attention instead of doing as I was told... :lol:

Congrats never the less and enjoy Mexico!
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby IanWright » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:18 am

It's gonna happen...

Sky, or whoever it is showing the match, will STILL choose to ignore the elephant in the room by ignoring the clear shift in the balance of power in Manchester
"If you asked 100 people, 99 would say Adebayor was wrong. The 100th would be Mark Hughes." Arsene Wenger
IanWright
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Arsenal
My favourite player is: Paul Merson

Postby patrickblue » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:50 am

Sister of fu wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:

You should really learn to prioritise.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby john@staustell » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:34 am

IanWright wrote:It's gonna happen...

Sky, or whoever it is showing the match, will STILL choose to ignore the elephant in the room by ignoring the clear shift in the balance of power in Manchester

There will be lots of ancient clips of things like Shreks overhead shinner
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby nottsblue » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:01 pm

john@staustell wrote:
IanWright wrote:It's gonna happen...

There will be lots of ancient clips of things like Shreks overhead shinner

Hopefully Bacon and Charlton are watching and one of them has a stroke as our fourth goes in. With an hour to go
nottsblue

Postby zuricity » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:27 pm

You know how, earlier in the season, some on here were just wondering, just wondering, which team was going get get really tonked by 10 or more? Well, do you think that if we get early blood against the rags, they might go all out for 90 minutes and not let up at half time like at scouserton yesterday ?

Especially if we get the favourable result at scousepool on wednesday.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:48 pm

zuricity wrote:You know how, earlier in the season, some on here were just wondering, just wondering, which team was going get get really tonked by 10 or more? Well, do you think that if we get early blood against the rags, they might go all out for 90 minutes and not let up at half time like at scouserton yesterday ?

It'd be peachy if we did humiliate them, it would break Maureen once and forever, not to mention what it would do to their fans.

Unfortunately I don't see it happening next weekend, I strongly believe that before the season is over, somebody is going to be on the end of a real shafting from us maybe not 10 but 6 or 7 to nowt....
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby nottsblue » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:11 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
zuricity wrote:You know how, earlier in the season, some on here were just wondering, just wondering, which team was going get get really tonked by 10 or more? Well, do you think that if we get early blood against the rags, they might go all out for 90 minutes and not let up at half time like at scouserton yesterday ?

It'd be peachy if we did humiliate them, it would break Maureen once and forever, not to mention what it would do to their fans.

Unfortunately I don't see it happening next weekend, I strongly believe that before the season is over, somebody is going to be on the end of a real shafting from us maybe not 10 but 6 or 7 to nowt....

I would actually be happy for us to smash the dippers 5 or 6 even if it meant losing to the rags next week
nottsblue

Postby Burt » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:59 pm

nottsblue wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

I would actually be happy for us to smash the dippers 5 or 6 even if it meant losing to the rags next week

Smash them both perfect!!!
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:16 pm

nottsblue wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

I’d go one further NB and say I’d prefer to put 5 or 6 past Liverpool and then show our contempt for The Rags by playing the kids against them resting our players for The following Tuesday.
It would show them that we will win the league regardless and you mean nothing to us.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Bournemouthcityfan » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:59 am

If we beat the rags will they be forming a guard of honor for the trophy presentation?
I’d enjoy seeing that.
Bournemouthcityfan
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sergio Augero

Postby bluemoon » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:02 am

Bournemouthcityfan wrote:If we beat the rags will they be forming a guard of honor for the trophy presentation?
I’d enjoy seeing that.

No trophy presentation until last home game of the season I think, so no guard of honour either. Just beating the wankers will suffice for me.
bluemoon
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum