Winning the league

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Winning the league

Postby john68 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:05 am

Beating the rags is important. Beating the rags in style and by a big margin would be really as good as it gets for City, particularly we fans. It would go down into Manchester folklore and be remembered for as long as football is played here.

The arrogance of the rags has taken a severe dent in the last few years as City has risen beyond them. Their presence on the pitch as City are proclaimed CHAMPIONS has got to be the worst nightmare a rag could imagine.

Following the trouble the rags had and caused at the City dressing room after their derby loss at the swamp, as City celebrated, I have no clue, but can only guess at their feelings regarding City celebrations throughout the Etihad, Players, management, staff and fans. Will Maureen want to fight us all, or will he and his entourage simply crawl away silently like slugs into the night and oblivion.

Some years ago, that scenario would have seemed an unattainable dream. NOW IT COULD WELL BE OUR REALITY.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby john@staustell » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:44 am

john68 wrote:Beating the rags is important. Beating the rags in style and by a big margin would be really as good as it gets for City, particularly we fans. It would go down into Manchester folklore and be remembered for as long as football is played here.

The arrogance of the rags has taken a severe dent in the last few years as City has risen beyond them. Their presence on the pitch as City are proclaimed CHAMPIONS has got to be the worst nightmare a rag could imagine.

Following the trouble the rags had and caused at the City dressing room after their derby loss at the swamp, as City celebrated, I have no clue, but can only guess at their feelings regarding City celebrations throughout the Etihad, Players, management, staff and fans. Will Maureen want to fight us all, or will he and his entourage simply crawl away silently like slugs into the night and oblivion.

Some years ago, that scenario would have seemed an unattainable dream. NOW IT COULD WELL BE OUR REALITY.

What you mean when Simon Tracey (was that him?) let in that fifth, you coulen't see this comin? :D
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby john68 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:35 am

john@staustell wrote:
john68 wrote:Beating the rags is important. Beating the rags in style and by a big margin would be really as good as it gets for City, particularly we fans. It would go down into Manchester folklore and be remembered for as long as football is played here.

What you mean when Simon Tracey (was that him?) let in that fifth, you coulen't see this comin? :D

How could you remind me of that John? It took years and £££££ thousands to expunge that from my mind. You shall be hearing from my legal team, with regard to compensation for mental cruelty.
But.....it wasn't the first mate. My first trip to the swamp saw my all time idol, Bert Trautmann let 5 past him in a 1-5 City defeat. I was too small to see over the heards of the crowd, so missed most of the action, got isolated from my mates and post match, was the only (very young) City fan, amid sneering older men on a packed bus back home.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Postby patrickblue » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:03 pm

john68 wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

How could you remind me of that John? It took years and £££££ thousands to expunge that from my mind. You shall be hearing from my legal team, with regard to compensation for mental cruelty.
But.....it wasn't the first mate. My first trip to the swamp saw my all time idol, Bert Trautmann let 5 past him in a 1-5 City defeat. I was too small to see over the heards of the crowd, so missed most of the action, got isolated from my mates and post match, was the only (very young) City fan, amid sneering older men on a packed bus back home.

John. I have a nose on the BBC have your say now and then, and there's some rag fuckwit pops up now and then with real intense shit, in our shadow, oil money plastic, istree, etc, etc.
He calls himself Taxi Driver.
Anyone you know?
And if so, have you been winding him up to make him so bitter?
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby john68 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:39 pm

I have absolutely no time whatsoever for football phone in programmes Patrick. For 10yrs as a DJ, I learnt that the power behind the mic is total. The presenter has an agenda, he also has control of the cut off switch.
The radio broadcasters want controversary and/or agreement with their agenda. Talking sense or presenting a rational argument does not make good radio in their eyes.

I used to listen and get very annoyed at some, if not most of the know-nothing, pisshead idiots, l,ooking for their 30secs of fame..."Didjer 'ear me on the radio lass night eh? Eh? Eh?"

For phone ins, my radio has a wonderful app that allows me to totally ignore the World of idiots, gobbing off....it's called the OFF SWITCH. I use it often.
john68

Postby patrickblue » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:54 pm

john68 wrote:I have absolutely no time whatsoever for football phone in programmes Patrick. For 10yrs as a DJ, I learnt that the power behind the mic is total. The presenter has an agenda, he also has control of the cut off switch.
The radio broadcasters want controversary and/or agreement with their agenda. Talking sense or presenting a rational argument does not make good radio in their eyes.

I used to listen and get very annoyed at some, if not most of the know-nothing, pisshead idiots, l,ooking for their 30secs of fame..."Didjer 'ear me on the radio lass night eh? Eh? Eh?"

For phone ins, my radio has a wonderful app that allows me to totally ignore the World of idiots, gobbing off....it's called the OFF SWITCH. I use it often.

It's not a phone in John, I can't be doing with them either, it's basically the comments at the bottom of articles on the BBC website.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum