Winning the league

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Winning the league

Postby IanWright » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:58 am

Haven't been on here in a while, obviously ;)

What are the permutations/variables for you guys to win the league against the Rags in the derby?

Some fella in the gym told me its a stark possibility
"If you asked 100 people, 99 would say Adebayor was wrong. The 100th would be Mark Hughes." Arsene Wenger
IanWright
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Arsenal
My favourite player is: Paul Merson

Re: Winning the league

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:02 am

If we both win our next two then victory in the derby for City will seal the title.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby IanWright » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:06 am

Is that irrespective of what liverpool do in 2nd? (i.e. if they lose their next 2, won't you win it sooner?)
"If you asked 100 people, 99 would say Adebayor was wrong. The 100th would be Mark Hughes." Arsene Wenger
IanWright

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:13 am

The max the rags can currently reach is 89 points.

The max Liverpool can reach is 87.

If City win the next three ( inc. Derby) then we're on 87 points.

If we want to get this wrapped up ASAP then a rag victory or a draw suits us better in the greatest game the world has ever seen this Saturday.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:21 am

Loads of permutations at the moment but I don't want us to win the league when we are not playing. I want us to win it on the pitch at home with the fans in the stadium or it will be a bit of an anti climax. Let's see what the next coupl if game weeks bring us
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby budfox » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:27 am

Wonderwall wrote:Loads of permutations at the moment but I don't want us to win the league when we are not playing. I want us to win it on the pitch at home with the fans in the stadium or it will be a bit of an anti climax. Let's see what the next coupl if game weeks bring us

I'd have taken that particular anti-climax at the start of the season :-)
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby City64 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:30 am

Biggest game in world footballing history this Saturday 2nd place play off . PL leaders 16 pts clear are irrelevant SKY says so !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:55 am

If you fancy giving yourself a headache the permutations are covered well here

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/blog/esp ... -champions
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:59 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:If you fancy giving yourself a headache the permutations are covered well here

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/blog/esp ... -champions

Cheers for that, it explains it very well. I think I will wait a couple of weeks and see how the land lies though :D
Wonderwall

Postby IanWright » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:10 am

If the Rags win and draw the next 2, and you guys win your next 2, you can win it in the derby?
IanWright

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:25 am

IanWright wrote:If the Rags win and draw the next 2, and you guys win your next 2, you can win it in the derby?

In that scenario a draw in the derby would be enough to clinch the title provided the draw the rags had was against Liverpool.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Sister of fu » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:11 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:If we both win our next two then victory in the derby for City will seal the title.

I’m so happy that my honeymoon has been booked and I’m away for the derby :oops:
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:18 am

Sister of fu wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:If we both win our next two then victory in the derby for City will seal the title.

I’m so happy that my honeymoon has been booked and I’m away for the derby :oops:

Aaaaargh no!! The sacrifices we make for those we love, eh? Anywhere nice?

I got married during an international break so when my anniversary comes around it doesn't get in the way of City.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby mr_nool » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:45 am

Sister of fu wrote:

Rookie mistake. You'll plan your next wedding better ;)

So where're you heading for the honey moon?
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby patrickblue » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:57 am

Sister of fu wrote:

Bad move Sis, you've broken the golden rule about getting hitched, namely it should only be done in June or July.

Can't you just book a suite in the Midland for a couple of weeks?

Oh, and BTW, many congratulations.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby zabbadabbado » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:20 pm

I am hoping it goes to the Derby with the gap between us and the Rags remaining at 16 points. :lol: :lol:

For me personally, the entertainment value will be on a par with winning our first Premier League title. ;)

Think about it, not only winning the Derby that day, completing the domestic double over those Rags cunts, Best team in Manchester Title.

We will also get to taste their salty tears as we become Champions of England pile on the humiliation in front of their fans. What City fan in their right mind would not want that for the Derby.” Dreamland Roy Of The Rovers Stuff”. :lol:

There was a time when i only ever saw hard bastards wearing City shirts every day of the week, you had to be tough in those days to put up with all the shit. When I hear opposing fans sing where were you when you were shit, it pisses me off.No other team in England could muster the support we did whilst going up and coming down again quicker than a Yo-Yo. Regularly 31,000 – 33,000 even at our shitest. Newcastle nearly disappeared out of existence on a similar journey.

Never in my wildest dreams as a 20 something young lad did I ever think the Tables would turn. Even now I still get the urge to pinch myself. You see City shirts everywhere now, even saw one on Hollywood Boulevard.

Been amazing journey. Best of it all is it looks like it is going to get even better.

Derby Day bring it on. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:25 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:I am hoping it goes to the Derby with the gap between us and the Rags remaining at 16 points. :lol: :lol:

For me personally, the entertainment value will be on a par with winning our first Premier League title. ;)

Think about it, not only winning the Derby that day, completing the domestic double over those Rags cunts, Best team in Manchester Title.

We will also get to taste their salty tears as we become Champions of England pile on the humiliation in front of their fans. What City fan in their right mind would not want that for the Derby.” Dreamland Roy Of The Rovers Stuff”. :lol:

There was a time when i only ever saw hard bastards wearing City shirts every day of the week, you had to be tough in those days to put up with all the shit. When I hear opposing fans sing where were you when you were shit, it pisses me off.No other team in England could muster the support we did whilst going up and coming down again quicker than a Yo-Yo. Regularly 31,000 – 33,000 even at our shitest. Newcastle nearly disappeared out of existence on a similar journey.

Never in my wildest dreams as a 20 something young lad did I ever think the Tables would turn. Even now I still get the urge to pinch myself. You see City shirts everywhere now, even saw one on Hollywood Boulevard.

Been amazing journey. Best of it all is it looks like it is going to get even better.

Derby Day bring it on. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

This sums it up for me :D
Wonderwall

Postby IanWright » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:28 pm

When do you think the media will actually start to talk about a shift in the balance of power in Manchester?

We all know it's happened. However, for the BBC, Sky and Fleet Street, it appears to be the elephant in the room.

Will it actually take a title-winning match (as prophesied in this thread)?
IanWright

Postby Bear60 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:55 pm

Great thread this I like you Ian Wright
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City