Pep

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Pep

Postby City64 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:07 pm

New contract negotiations to take place tomorrow according to City sources on twitter . Peps advisor is flying in today , great news ! C’mon you blues !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Pep

Postby ruralblue » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:30 pm

It'll be announced when we are away after Stoke me thinks.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby sheblue » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:07 pm

I hope he stays for a long time.
Perish the thought of life after him.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby PeterParker » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:09 pm

If we manage to pull this it would be the next step forward for our club.

I still think Pep will leave and will be allowed to leave whenever he wants. But a new contact means business. There is no one better.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby City64 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:12 pm

PeterParker wrote:If we manage to pull this it would be the next step forward for our club.

I still think Pep will leave and will be allowed to leave whenever he wants. But a new contact means business. There is no one better.

Why do you think he will leave ? Have you been talking to AG7s representatives ???
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby PeterParker » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:27 pm

City64 wrote:
PeterParker wrote:If we manage to pull this it would be the next step forward for our club.

Why do you think he will leave ? Have you been talking to AG7s representatives ???

:D

On a serious note, Pep is a nutcase. If we win everything, he will leave before 2020. I think he gets bored fast and I reckon he still wants to win in Italy and France and become the best ever.

I really hope he found his home here and wants to be part many years of our club.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:42 pm

my take on this is that PG is enjoying being at City... maybe for the first time in his managerial career.
Ive posted this before but at Barca he was not able to relax, the pressure of the internal political system at Barcelona makes it difficult to 'enjoy', coupled with a heartfelt belonging at the club and city added up to him needing a year off FFS.

Bayern won everything the year before he arrived and the fans didnt really warm to him... so maybe a bit take it or leave it.

City has been a challenge but the owners i am 100% confident will have supported Guardiola by taking pressure off him when it didn't pan out last season.
City fans have shown their appreciation... and he has enjoyed that.

So i just think he is now enjoying being here more than anywhere else he has managed.
City have ambitions but the club is not up its own arse, so there are challenges a plenty but less pressure.

I was honestly expecting this new contract after it started to properly click this season.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby zuricity » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:43 pm

PeterParker wrote:
City64 wrote:

On a serious note, Pep is a nutcase. If we win everything, he will leave before 2020. I think he gets bored fast and I reckon he still wants to win in Italy and France and become the best ever.

I really hope he found his home here and wants to be part many years of our club.

wash your mouth out wtf would he want to go to wasted football lands like France and Italy?

He’ll only go back to Barca, because , after the City challenge there isn’t anything else to achieve.

Let’s face it, he ain’t going to a second tier club anywhere to build it up is he ?

City have red carpeted him, no one else can do that , or will do it .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby PeterParker » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:48 pm

zuricity wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
City64 wrote:

wash your mouth out wtf would he want to go to wasted football lands like France and Italy?

He’ll only go back to Barca, because , after the City challenge there isn’t anything else to achieve.

Let’s face it, he ain’t going to a second tier club anywhere to build it up is he ?

City have red carpeted him, no one else can do that , or will do it .

Winning the leagues in France and Italy will make him, statistically, the best manager ever.

My 2 cents, that idea got through his mouth at some point.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby City64 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:21 pm

PeterParker wrote:
City64 wrote:

City are the biggest footballing story on this planet PP . Pep is educating English football and re writing footballing history , he WILL be THE manager who CHANGED everything possibly breaking every record in elite English football or now has the chance to do so for the foreseeable future . Pep is even educating our media , they hang on his every word he even educated the clowns at the FA today with his yellow ribbon politely showing up the FA,s ignorance . He has a grip on English and European Football and hunger to succeed and improve all the time . Read between the lines in his presser today about contrasting this City team to Barcelona , He basically said Barca were the best for 10 or 15 years but this City team will be the next new generation of footballing excellence . Everything is in place for Pep here to build that new dynasty with zero pressure , I don't think I have ever seen Pep so relaxed in himself as the last 6 months he is totally enjoying himself . Passionate as fuck in his own way I love that in a person and always up for a fight , have you also noticed how much his English has improved ? he speaks so well in his own way the man is a perfectionist . Fucking France ??? League one here is more of a challenge than that shit pal ! :D

https://twitter.com/City_Watch/status/9 ... 5042792448
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby edge275 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:33 am

brite blu sky wrote:my take on this is that PG is enjoying being at City... maybe for the first time in his managerial career.
Ive posted this before but at Barca he was not able to relax, the pressure of the internal political system at Barcelona makes it difficult to 'enjoy', coupled with a heartfelt belonging at the club and city added up to him needing a year off FFS.

Bayern won everything the year before he arrived and the fans didnt really warm to him... so maybe a bit take it or leave it.

City has been a challenge but the owners i am 100% confident will have supported Guardiola by taking pressure off him when it didn't pan out last season.
City fans have shown their appreciation... and he has enjoyed that.

So i just think he is now enjoying being here more than anywhere else he has managed.
City have ambitions but the club is not up its own arse, so there are challenges a plenty but less pressure.

I was honestly expecting this new contract after it started to properly click this season.

Good post. I concur with your analysis.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Justified logic » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:45 am

City64 wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
City64 wrote:

City are the biggest footballing story on this planet PP . Pep is educating English football and re writing footballing history , he WILL be THE manager who CHANGED everything possibly breaking every record in elite English football or now has the chance to do so for the foreseeable future . Pep is even educating our media , they hang on his every word he even educated the clowns at the FA today with his yellow ribbon politely showing up the FA,s ignorance . He has a grip on English and European Football and hunger to succeed and improve all the time . Read between the lines in his presser today about contrasting this City team to Barcelona , He basically said Barca were the best for 10 or 15 years but this City team will be the next new generation of footballing excellence . Everything is in place for Pep here to build that new dynasty with zero pressure , I don't think I have ever seen Pep so relaxed in himself as the last 6 months he is totally enjoying himself . Passionate as fuck in his own way I love that in a person and always up for a fight , have you also noticed how much his English has improved ? he speaks so well in his own way the man is a perfectionist . Fucking France ??? League one here is more of a challenge than that shit pal ! :D

https://twitter.com/City_Watch/status/9 ... 5042792448

Guardiola has often spoken about what a 'big' or 'top' club is in terms of trophies and longevity. EVERYTHING has been put in place here for him to coach the team, the squad and the youths to become a 'top' club for the foreseeable future. I think he will be at our club until he feels that City are truly at that top table, and that will be several years. The guy wants not only to succeed but also to leave a legacy to be remembered by.

My only concern would be that the club's succession plan for Pep's - and Txiki's as DoF - role be in place and that means bringing through youth or associate club coaches or having a quality external candidate or two in mind. However, going on how well thought-out the ADG's business plan has been so far, that isn't a great concern, and certainly not one for today.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Original Dub » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:46 am

If they're the same succession plans as Barca had after Pep, then I'll be ok with that. I don't think I ever heard of one or two of their managers after, but they still won shit.

If he stays long enough, the philosophy will have set in enough to be able to keep momentum. Obviously I rather he stayed forever, but a long time will do me :)
Original Dub

Postby Swales4ever » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:48 pm

always thought those talks were bound to run at season end, granted they're set among ol' pals.

Anyways... the sooner the better, surely!

just....meaningless point, early extension is gonna spoil us of all that delicously bitter, wishful thinking, drivels that British RED loving media would have not failed to put forward, in case of delayed signature.
well aware, my wicked taste is way too cynical to be popular 8-)

THANKS PEP!

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Dimples » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:30 pm

Why Pep will extend his stay:
Excellent read: Man City's plan for global domination: https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/d ... an-soriano
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby nottsblue » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:12 pm

Dimples wrote:Why Pep will extend his stay:
Excellent read: Man City's plan for global domination: https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/d ... an-soriano

Really enjoyed that. Thanks for posting

The sky really is the limit. Frightening stuff for the rest of the PL
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby JamieMCFC » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:31 pm

JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:23 pm

Pep"s agent has no intention of being in town over the next few weeks. It doesn't sound like an extension is imminent
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Moonchesteri » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:55 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:Pep"s agent has no intention of being in town over the next few weeks. It doesn't sound like an extension is imminent

Just like our owners he will get bored, fuck off and leave us in trouble...
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby JamieMCFC » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:55 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:Pep"s agent has no intention of being in town over the next few weeks. It doesn't sound like an extension is imminent

Just like our owners he will get bored, fuck off and leave us in trouble...

It isn't the same thing as people claiming our owner was going to get bored and fuck off. Pep has said it is ideal to only coach for a team for a few seasons and then move on. He said that after awhile players started to get bored and it's hard to motivate them. I really hope that isn't the case with the players we have here.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum