*** Official Manchester City vs F.C Basel Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** Official Manchester City vs F.C Basel Match Thread**

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:55 pm

all of them were shit
doesn’t matter though
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:55 pm

zuricity wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:That was utterly pathetic towards the end there. Sane and Diaz excluded, nobody seemed to have the guts to try and force something.

Zinchenko is too negative. He bottles it whenever he's given an attacking option. He's safe and tidy by and large but Christ lad, take a chance every now and again.

Jesus has ring rust. He'll get there. Same for foden.

Massively disappointed with laporte so far. Needs to start getting up to speed.

All in all, that was fucking shit. A minute left of stoppage time and the fans are booing because it's just keep ball, walking pace. Danilo stood with it, doing nothing. Sane on a run but Zinchenko plays it back instead. Some will probably go on about us being spoiled. If I was there I would've booed that also. Losing at home and you're showing fuck all bollocks to get an equaliser. I don't care if the tie is over, I'm not having my team doing that.

I hope pep leathers them.

Very pleased sane didn't hide and tried to make it happen. Same for Diaz.

ffs get a grip, the game was meaningless.

All that waffle,

The tie was sorted out in Basel when other issues were also pressing for City, going on all 4 fronts . tonight only matters that some younger players got a chance.

That Barry Bennell thing bothered you didn't it.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Justified logic » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:56 pm

Slim wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:THIS BETTER BE THE VERY LAST TIME YAYA AND CLOWNIO PLAY IN THE LEAGUE OR CL...ever again.

I remember a time Yaya would run the show in a match like this. Who the fuck is this lump playing in midfield?

Yaya will play after we've won the PL. Hopefully never again in the CL though - and gone by the start of next season.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PrezIke » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:58 pm

PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby zabbadabbado » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:59 pm

Dead rubber, played like a dead rubber by senior fringe players, you would expect to be pushing for the first team...

I thought the academy Kids did all right ;)

Stones and La Porte played the entire game, like the game meant fuck all. as half arsed performance. As you will ever see, La Porte couldn’t even be arsed sticking his foot out to prevent their second. Bravo conceded 2 again from their only shots on goal.

Danilo,Zinchenko, passing back all game was fucking frustrating and horrible to watch, even when we were losing. No urgency, couldn't be arsed pressing..

We have lost 3 games all season,2 of those defeats have come when we played our B team against mediocre opposition. The drop off from our first choice 11 is incredible.

I would take only the first choice team warm weather training after that performance. The rest I would have extra training at Carrington over the next 3 weeks. Attitude of some of them was shit.No free lunches at City any more, we don’t need hangers on dinning out on the success of the first team.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:59 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:That was utterly pathetic towards the end there. Sane and Diaz excluded, nobody seemed to have the guts to try and force something.

Zinchenko is too negative. He bottles it whenever he's given an attacking option. He's safe and tidy by and large but Christ lad, take a chance every now and again.

All in all, that was fucking shit. A minute left of stoppage time and the fans are booing because it's just keep ball, walking pace. Danilo stood with it, doing nothing. Sane on a run but Zinchenko plays it back instead. Some will probably go on about us being spoiled. If I was there I would've booed that also. Losing at home and you're showing fuck all bollocks to get an equaliser. I don't care if the tie is over, I'm not having my team doing that.

I was tempted to travel over for this game. If I forked out cash for that drivel tonight I’d be livid.

I love the fact Foden got 90 minutes and Diaz got decent time and did well.
But why do they need to be blooded with Yaya, who hasn’t got a playing future with us.
Yes our first team got a rest but, I’d love to see our youngsters get time with the likes of Kev/Dave/Fern around them.

When the example of the senior player beside them is to go at walking pace and pass backwards, that’s what you get from youngsters not wanting to make a mistake.

None of them except Sane was willing to drive forward. A real nothing game in the end. There was no intent from us st all.
Like it was just something we had to go through.

You can say we’re spoilt, but is it really fair to those turning up on the night.
I don’t know. I’m sure we’ll get over it very quickly.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Justified logic » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:03 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:

I was tempted to travel over for this game. If I forked out cash for that drivel tonight I’d be livid.

I love the fact Foden got 90 minutes and Diaz got decent time and did well.
But why do they need to be blooded with Yaya, who hasn’t got a playing future with us.
Yes our first team got a rest but, I’d love to see our youngsters get time with the likes of Kev/Dave/Fern around them.

When the example of the senior player beside them is to go at walking pace and pass backwards, that’s what you get from youngsters not wanting to make a mistake.

None of them except Sane was willing to drive forward. A real nothing game in the end. There was no intent from us st all.
Like it was just something we had to go through.

You can say we’re spoilt, but is it really fair to those turning up on the night.
I don’t know. I’m sure we’ll get over it very quickly.

Totally agree with you mate. Very disappointed in our lack of effort and ambition.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Dwaring » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:05 pm

+2100 would have been really nice.
Dwaring
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Yaya toure

Postby City64 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:06 pm

Dead rubbers have a lot to answer for , we become a victim of our own success !

Yaya has become the sloth of football a proper fucking sloth ! :lol: :lol:
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby City64 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:07 pm

Have you tried taking a tablet ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Mase » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:08 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:
Mase wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:

Genuine question mate, what’s disappointed you about him?

Decision making more than anything, seemingly not reading the pace of the game. However, you're right to pull me up on that, "massively disappointed" is a bit hyperbolic. He's undoubtedly class, but I'm not seeing any intensity from him yet that I'd expect from a top centre half. It'll come.

Wasn’t pulling you up mate, just wondered what had disappointed you about him. Good to get other fans opinions.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby The Maine Man » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:10 pm

Shit game and shit performances but.....
.....we are in the last 8, we rested several key players at a crucial point in the season, we gave some kids CL experience, and we gave some playing time to players coming back from injury. Never good to watch City lose, but hardly a disaster.
The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:13 pm

PrezIke wrote:

boring
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby nottsblue » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:18 pm

Thought the game started well, we got the early goal for Jesus and we created a few other chances. Then Basel scored and the defence went to pot. Thereafter we showed little energy and appetite to score more which, although is understandable in a dead rubber, is so unlike how we approach each game. The stat that we completed 975 passes is a poor one. Mcpointy commented on this obsession with the number of passes no how it doesn't necessarily help our cause.

We know who played well and who didn't. I sincerely doubt we will have anything like that starting XI in the next two legs.
But we are through, regardless of how poor the game was. In a two legged tie that's all that really matters and we are in the draw for the next round. Onwards to Stoke and hopefully another step towards another PL title
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby zuricity » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:19 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:
zuricity wrote:

All that waffle,

The tie was sorted out in Basel when other issues were also pressing for City, going on all 4 fronts . tonight only matters that some younger players got a chance.

well i thought you displayed very bad taste,

Bennell was a wanker when he was a teenager , a petty thief , a manc Artful
dodger, who couldn‘t cut it in most teams. loudmouth who could only hack it with pre pubescent kids ( boys or girls) , older teenagers like myself would laugh at him .

So your comparison to Bernardo is shockingly poor.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:23 pm

zuricity wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:
zuricity wrote:

All that waffle,

dodger, who couldn‘t cut it in most teams. loudmouth who could only hack it with pre pubescent kids ( boys or girls) , older teenagers like myself would laugh at him .

To be fair, I did explain what I was on about. And I didn't compare him to Bernardo did I. I made a silly joke. Anyway, forget it, apologies.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Nick » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:25 pm

1) Diaz deserves a start, over foden
2) we say this every fucking time but what point is yaya ? Rather play a raw kid or CB. Two starts for foden, two losses. Cos he's next to yaya. Should have brought yaya off for keV. The kids should be getting game time in a winning team like taggart would do.
3) laporte needs to start looking like he's trying. I was joking when I billed him as the French dzeko but he did a good impression of him.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby branny » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:27 pm

Is Bravo related to George Weah?
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby zuricity » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:29 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:
zuricity wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:
zuricity wrote:

All that waffle,

To be fair, I did explain what I was on about. And I didn't compare him to Bernardo did I. I made a silly joke. Anyway, forget it, apologies.

Fairy nuff
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:34 pm

Nick wrote:1) Diaz deserves a start, over foden
2) we say this every fucking time but what point is yaya ? Rather play a raw kid or CB. Two starts for foden, two losses. Cos he's next to yaya. Should have brought yaya off for keV. The kids should be getting game time in a winning team like taggart would do.
3) laporte needs to start looking like he's trying. I was joking when I billed him as the French dzeko but he did a good impression of him.

can’t argue with any of that!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum