Oleksandr Zinchenko

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Oleksandr Zinchenko

Postby Mase » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:55 am

Had a poor first half but didn’t have much to do in the second.
Mase
Allison's Big Fat Cigar
 
Posts: 18637
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Oleksandr Zinchenko

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:48 am

phips wrote:at least he took a shot today


He takes double the amount of shots that Walker takes on average.
Foreverinbluedreams
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7599
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:34 pm
Supporter of: Euthanasia

Re: Oleksandr Zinchenko

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:50 am

Mase wrote:Had a poor first half but didn’t have much to do in the second.


Yep, Shaqiri gave him the run aound a bit in that first half, no shame in that as seasoned full backs can struggle against his trickery but much more composed in the second.
Foreverinbluedreams
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7599
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:34 pm
Supporter of: Euthanasia

Re: Oleksandr Zinchenko

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:45 am

sheblue wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:Is having a bad game.

Is a good fourth-choice left back.

True.


4th choice left back? You better let Pep know.

He is fourth choice behind Mendy, Delph and Danilo.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal
 
Posts: 11032
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:33 am

Re: Oleksandr Zinchenko

Postby mr_nool » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:47 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
sheblue wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:Is having a bad game.

Is a good fourth-choice left back.

True.


4th choice left back? You better let Pep know.

He is fourth choice behind Mendy, Delph and Danilo.


I think his and Danilo's positions in the pecking order are depending on the opposition. Pep looks to prefer Zinch if he expects us to spend most of the game in the final third and not having to do too much defending.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
User avatar
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie
 
Posts: 22137
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:48 am
Location: Utrecht

Re: Oleksandr Zinchenko

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:54 am

mr_nool wrote:I think his and Danilo's positions in the pecking order are depending on the opposition. Pep looks to prefer Zinch if he expects us to spend most of the game in the final third and not having to do too much defending.

I admire the lad for his attitude and I want him to be a success here, don't get me wrong. But well, the manager went for Danilo at Wembley.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal
 
Posts: 11032
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:33 am

Re: Oleksandr Zinchenko

Postby mr_nool » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:08 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
mr_nool wrote:I think his and Danilo's positions in the pecking order are depending on the opposition. Pep looks to prefer Zinch if he expects us to spend most of the game in the final third and not having to do too much defending.

I admire the lad for his attitude and I want him to be a success here, don't get me wrong. But well, the manager went for Danilo at Wembley.


Well, that's sort of the point. I think he prefers Zinchenko against bus parkers, but not in the bigger games against teams that will actually ask questions of us (which Arsenal did in the first half at Wembley).
Intelligent Vigilant Person
User avatar
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie
 
Posts: 22137
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:48 am
Location: Utrecht

Re: Oleksandr Zinchenko

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:12 am

when is mendy back?
SOLID POSTER
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck
 
Posts: 12951
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: here, there, every fucking where
Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: mike mason liam lingo

Re: Oleksandr Zinchenko

Postby sheblue » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:24 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
sheblue wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:Is having a bad game.

Is a good fourth-choice left back.

True.


4th choice left back? You better let Pep know.

He is fourth choice behind Mendy, Delph and Danilo.


Ah mendy yes forgot about him he made a wonderful contribution at left back this season.

He is behind Delph at the moment, when Delph Is fit and available that is.
But behind Danilo at LB, that's questionable and depends upon the opposition.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6131
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:28 pm
Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Re: Oleksandr Zinchenko

Postby blues2win » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:04 am

Mendy just about to come back and will be first choice next season. Delph second choice assuming young Angelino isn’t recalled from Holland. Where does that leave Zinchenko? We only need two left backs.
blues2win
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6193
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:03 am
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Re: Oleksandr Zinchenko

Postby Justified logic » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:36 am

blues2win wrote:Mendy just about to come back and will be first choice next season. Delph second choice assuming young Angelino isn’t recalled from Holland. Where does that leave Zinchenko? We only need two left backs.

Zinc's forte isn't defence. He's quite naive and not fast enough. He is a good passer and linkman so maybe he'll have a role in his more natural midfield position but I wouldn't expet him to get a lot of game time there. Or maybe he'll be loaned out for experience. A useful player, for his age, to have but it depends on who else is in the squad and the squad size whether there is room for him next season.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3479
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:40 pm
Location: Playing in the hole
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Oleksandr Zinchenko

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:44 am

Justified logic wrote:
blues2win wrote:Mendy just about to come back and will be first choice next season. Delph second choice assuming young Angelino isn’t recalled from Holland. Where does that leave Zinchenko? We only need two left backs.

Zinc's forte isn't defence. He's quite naive and not fast enough. He is a good passer and linkman so maybe he'll have a role in his more natural midfield position but I wouldn't expet him to get a lot of game time there. Or maybe he'll be loaned out for experience. A useful player, for his age, to have but it depends on who else is in the squad and the squad size whether there is room for him next season.


Does Zinchenko still qualify as under 21 next season? That could have a bearing on whether he gets a place.

Delph is clearly more accomplished but he's not reliable.
Foreverinbluedreams
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7599
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:34 pm
Supporter of: Euthanasia

Re: Oleksandr Zinchenko

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:12 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Does Zinchenko still qualify as under 21 next season? That could have a bearing on whether he gets a place.

If you mean for the CL, no, and he didn't this season either - he was only included on the 17 free places on the UEFA 'A' list in January when Muric became eligible via the 'B' list. Also being over 21 on 1st Jan this year means he's not eligible as an U21 in the PL next season either and would have to occupy a non-home grown place.
Last edited by johnny crossan on Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5716
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: Oleksandr Zinchenko

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:14 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Does Zinchenko still qualify as under 21 next season? That could have a bearing on whether he gets a place.

If you mean for the CL, no, and he didn't this season either - he was included on the 17 free places on the UEFA A list in January when Muric became eligible for the B list. Also being over 21 on 1st Jan this year means he's not eligible as an U21 in the PL next season either and would have to occupy a non-home grown place.


I meant the latter part, thanks for that.
Foreverinbluedreams
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7599
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:34 pm
Supporter of: Euthanasia

Re: Oleksandr Zinchenko

Postby Dipstick » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:16 pm

Leroy will also occupy a non-home grown place next season. Jesus good for another year.
"People say I'm egocentric, but enough about them." Lily Allen
User avatar
Dipstick
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1906
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:37 pm
Location: Colin Bell Stand

Re: Oleksandr Zinchenko

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:13 pm

Dipstick wrote:Leroy will also occupy a non-home grown place next season. Jesus good for another year.

As you say Jesus will continue to be eligible for the PL as an U21 but will still occupy an UEFA 'A' list place again next season I think, unless he qualifies for the 'B' list via the 2 year eligibility window from January 2019. Maybe someone can confirm this.
In 2018/19 a player may be registered on List B if he is born on, or after, 1 January 1996 and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted period of two years since his 15th birthday (players aged 16 may be registered if they have been registered with the club for the previous two years). Clubs are entitled to register an unlimited number of players on List B during the season, but the list must be submitted by no later than 24:00CET the day before a match.
Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5716
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: Oleksandr Zinchenko

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:31 pm

He can be our John O shea. Someone who isnt great but can do a job and causes no hassle and never lets us down. Rags had tonnes of these over the years.

I am happy for Zinch to do this job for us.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6890
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:49 am
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: Oleksandr Zinchenko

Postby nottsblue » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:04 pm

Dubciteh wrote:He can be our John O shea. Someone who isnt great but can do a job and causes no hassle and never lets us down. Rags had tonnes of these over the years.

I am happy for Zinch to do this job for us.

Nail on the head
nottsblue
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure
 
Posts: 14755
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: Oleksandr Zinchenko

Postby zabbadabbado » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:08 pm

Zinchenko Seems a great Lad to have around the place, the team love Kevin :lol: , as does Guardiola .

At the moment being asked to play out of position, does it without complaining. Obviously not first choice as a full back, we have a plethora of top talent in his preferred midfield position.

You have to get the balance right with any Squad. You can’t have only top talent sat warming the bench they don’t want it. You need utility players with good atitudes like Zinchenko,Delph in your squad to rotate in and out to cover injuries etc.

He is not the finished article by a long shot; some of his passing, even under no pressure has not been great. Always has a smile on his face though. That can only be good for team moral. I trust Guardiola judgement on him.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1174
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:42 pm
Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Re: Oleksandr Zinchenko

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:27 pm

No room for passengers on our ride to glory. If he's not good enough for the first team he shouldn't get in the way of someone else who is. Hope he shows us he can compete for a starting place when everybody is fit - otherwise it's goodbye & good luck. And that applies to each member of the squad without exception.
Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5716
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AFKAE, bigblue, Blackadder, Bluedj, Bluemoon4610, BrianF, budfox, Deyna, Foreverinbluedreams, geepeetee, Google [Bot], Hutch's Shoulder, iwasthere2012, Jdoe235, johnnyondioline, london blue 2, Mase, Nickyboy, nottsblue, patrickblue, PaulieIrish, Pretty Boy Lee, RodneyRodney, rosbif cuisson 'bleu', ruralblue, South Stand Balti, steelsnail, Two's Kompany, Woodyblue, Yukscore, zuricity and 113 guests