Champions League Quarter Final Draw

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Champions League Quarter Final Draw

Postby patrickblue » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:21 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
sheblue wrote:We cant bench Sterling every time we go there. Who knows how many more games he will have to play there during the rest of his career 10,15 or more? Sooner rather than later he will need to face up to it and get on with it as a professional.
Pep will and should start him if he is fit.

That's the way I see it too.
The more we protect him, the more ammunition we give to his abusers.
He'll shove it back down their throats given the chance.

Hope you're right Patrick, but he has been given the chance and so far has choked.
I'd prefer him i the team to Bernardo, because of the balance it gives to the attack, which frees Sane as much as himself.
But we can't afford to start this game a man down, so it's a dilemma Pep is going to have to solve.

I would have loved to have seen him score a brace at our place to put it to bed, but sadly no.
Maybe a hatrick this time around?

TBH, I'm not sure that he's choked, just had a couple of the shit games that he has from time to time.
I'm not sure if it's to do with position, but Sané does the same, brilliant one game, then anonymous the next.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:34 pm

patrickblue wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
sheblue wrote:We cant bench Sterling every time we go there. Who knows how many more games he will have to play there during the rest of his career 10,15 or more? Sooner rather than later he will need to face up to it and get on with it as a professional.
Pep will and should start him if he is fit.

That's the way I see it too.
The more we protect him, the more ammunition we give to his abusers.
He'll shove it back down their throats given the chance.

Hope you're right Patrick, but he has been given the chance and so far has choked.
I'd prefer him i the team to Bernardo, because of the balance it gives to the attack, which frees Sane as much as himself.
But we can't afford to start this game a man down, so it's a dilemma Pep is going to have to solve.

I would have loved to have seen him score a brace at our place to put it to bed, but sadly no.
Maybe a hatrick this time around?

TBH, I'm not sure that he's choked, just had a couple of the shit games that he has from time to time.
I'm not sure if it's to do with position, but Sané does the same, brilliant one game, then anonymous the next.

I honestly think Sterling choked against the murdering scum - and after the filthy agenda, the Bindippining murderers and affiliates gave him , Im not surprised.

Id bring him on when we are 3 nil up just to wind them up.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby City64 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:41 pm

Will be good when Sterling waves from the team bus at the fuckwit dipper “fans” after we spank them at Anfield.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zuricity » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:01 pm

City64 wrote:Will be good when Sterling waves from the team bus at the fuckwit dipper “fans” after we spank them at Anfield.

I am arriving at 9.00 am on the Tuesday for the second game . Is that too early for a Stella 64 ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby PrezIke » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:46 pm

Nickyboy wrote:
Mase wrote:
PrezIke wrote:I think we must be very careful in this tie.

As I wrote earlier, I am actually quite concerned about it.

This could be Monaco all over again.

Who Pep picks as our centre halves will be key (Otamendi was destroyed by Salah last time) so Vinny and Laporte might be my partnership.

Also, what happens with Mendy's comeback and what's the situation with Delph?

Then we have Raz, especially in the first leg at Anfield. Does he start or might Pep rather go with Bernardo?

That’s not true at all mate. Salah was fairly quiet until that 10 minutes spell where Stones and Ed panicked like fuck.

Think he meant in the home game, where he gave Otter a torrid time - until Klopp through in the towel and dragged him off at half time

it was the last game, actually. Away, when we lost 3-4.

Whilst we were losing 1-2 and Mane almost scored a cracker (hit the bar), we are in possession under heavy pressing near the half-way line. Fern passes to Gundogan who splits a pass back between 3 defenders to Otamendi. With Salah pressing coming from wide, and almost right in front of Nico, Otamendi then strikes the ball with his right foot to his left trying to reach Danilo out wide. it goes straight into Salah's chest. Otamendi had a better option to pass with his left foot to Fernandinho who was under less pressure.

Otamendi, probably worrying about Salah's pace, then tries to use positioning and strength to prevent Salah from getting the ball. After he is about to be beaten, he does his classic crap dive to ground to get the ball (he attempted and missed one earlier on Oxlade Chamberlain for his goal). Otamendi does tap it, but not anywhere near enough to lower or remove the danger, and arguably made matters worse, as oncoming were two Liverpool attackers.

In the end that situation led to the next goal (Mane's cracker) that put the game away.

I like Otamendi, and he's had a fantastic season, but this is a hoo doo matchup for him.

Laporte, who doesn't have blistering pace is quicker, has a reputation for knowing how to handle pacey players and make strong recovery tackles (we've seen a few). Vinny is also good at this, and both are also stronger at decision making and dealing with danger.

Laporte is also left footed, and better with the ball. If we swapped Laporte for Nico in that situation I think Laporte would have naturally tapped the ball to his right with his left foot, and that goal would have never happened.

That's also a perfect example to explain further Pep likes his centre halves footed to match their side (the long cross pitch passes to switch play also key).

Danger against our approach is more likely going to come from the wings from teams with pace because we have our fullbacks pushed up so high. So, the natural pass from a central defender, if the opponent is pressing high and using pace on the wings (trying to exploit our weakness), is one back to the middle to Fernandino or some other midfielder tracking back in the middle of the pitch.

MOTD featured Otamendi on other occasions where he gave the ball away, often running with the ball towards the middle of the park. To be fair, Fern also made one key error as well leading to a goal.
Last edited by PrezIke on Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby City64 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:04 pm

zuricity wrote:
City64 wrote:Will be good when Sterling waves from the team bus at the fuckwit dipper “fans” after we spank them at Anfield.

I am arriving at 9.00 am on the Tuesday for the second game . Is that too early for a Stella 64 ?

Never too early for a piss up on matchday pal !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:50 pm

I hope Sterling starts, he may have choked as some suggest... he struggled to get any poise thats for sure. BUT he has proved his resilience and got on with it... including a lot of criticism about finishing. I think he is tough enough character and i rekon he really wants it. I'd go with the thinking that if he is going to break his hoodoo he may well do it with a goal, chance worth taking imo.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby zuricity » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:03 pm

Apparently Gomez is out for both games for Scousepool.

I hope Henderson doesn't get injured playing for England.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Original Dub » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:59 am

Original Dub

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:24 pm

Original Dub wrote:https://talksport.com/football/manchester-city-v-liverpool-premier-league-leaders-struggling-sell-etihad-tickets-champions

Emptihad mentioned twice. Nice work

Dont know where they have got that from. Only a handful of seats left which will be gone imminently. Our game is a week later than theirs so the selling criteria is not as rushed.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mase » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:45 pm

I’ve jusg logged on to my account and it won’t let me choose a seat so I assume they’ve sold out now?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:02 pm

Mase wrote:I’ve jusg logged on to my account and it won’t let me choose a seat so I assume they’ve sold out now?

I have just logged on too mase and their are plenty. Prob a few hundred left
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Mase » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:11 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Mase wrote:I’ve jusg logged on to my account and it won’t let me choose a seat so I assume they’ve sold out now?

Hmmm MEN saying they’ve sold out. Literally wouldn’t let me pick a seat at all. Maybe it was because I did it on my phone?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:21 pm

Mase wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Hmmm MEN saying they’ve sold out. Literally wouldn’t let me pick a seat at all. Maybe it was because I did it on my phone?

Won't let me pick a seat either.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:34 pm

Mase wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

They’re on to you.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:45 pm

Phone use on the site is shocking. Still plenty left on the OS using a desktop
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:22 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
Original Dub wrote:https://talksport.com/football/manchester-city-v-liverpool-premier-league-leaders-struggling-sell-etihad-tickets-champions

Emptihad mentioned twice. Nice work

Dont know where they have got that from. Only a handful of seats left which will be gone imminently. Our game is a week later than theirs so the selling criteria is not as rushed.

Wait a minute, they're saying we are struggling to sell seats when there's still 2 weeks left and, of course, Blues waiting until pay day to get theirs?

Very strange story, there can be only one reason.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:29 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Mase wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

They’re on to you.

It’s taken them long enough!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:00 pm

Mase wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Mase wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

They’re on to you.

It’s taken them long enough!

if it's any consolation, I logged in online and they say they haven't enough detail on my account, but all details are filled in and always have been.
It won't let me save changes either, so I can't buy tickets for anything at the moment. I reckon their site goes like that during periods of high demand.
It's happened me before when I leave things to the last minute.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:30 pm

it's because it's sold out
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum