should england pull out of the world cup?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: should england pull out of the world cup?

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:37 am

I think you should have a referendum.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:37 am

johnny crossan wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
sandman wrote:No, absolutely not, should FIFA have pulled it away from there... Yes.

Football and politics shouldn't mix, when there is an ethical question then it is the responsibility of the organisers and not the participants to sort it

This - plus, if it's for political reasons, the beef is between the UK and Russia, not England and Russia.

On a sporting and security side, there's no way the tournament should be held in Russia. If England had've thrown the qualifiers in protest, or qualified and refused to participate before the draw was made, I'd have doffed my cap to them. Same for Qatar (although things there might get a bit interesting when it comes to this, with Egypt and Saudi Arabia - both teams who'd be fancied to qualify - having serious political beef with the hosts).

Have you decided England isn't part of the UK now?

No, but it would set a pretty bad precedent if the UK government were to pull England out, and similar if England were to pull out on the UK's behalf. I honestly don't know what the repercussions would potentially be for the other Home Nations regarding any ban from FIFA that would be meted out, but, because of the 'special situation' of the UK in terms of football, I'd guess there'd have to be some kind of collective punishment were the government found to have any influence over such a decision. Which would be wholly unfair.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby budfox » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:56 am

Absolutely not.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby Fidel Castro » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:14 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
sandman wrote:No, absolutely not, should FIFA have pulled it away from there... Yes.

Football and politics shouldn't mix, when there is an ethical question then it is the responsibility of the organisers and not the participants to sort it

This - plus, if it's for political reasons, the beef is between the UK and Russia, not England and Russia.

On a sporting and security side, there's no way the tournament should be held in Russia. If England had've thrown the qualifiers in protest, or qualified and refused to participate before the draw was made, I'd have doffed my cap to them. Same for Qatar (although things there might get a bit interesting when it comes to this, with Egypt and Saudi Arabia - both teams who'd be fancied to qualify - having serious political beef with the hosts).

Sparklehorse wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:England commit many crimes across the world, don't get this finger pointing and holier than thou attitude. Just admit they're all cunts, fuck off the jingoism and watch the footy ffs

This...all day long !

If you were frothing at the mouth as a result of Novichok instead of anti-English sentiment you might reconsider that response :?

Anti-English sentiment, my arse. It's just that I can admit that our government are responsible for evil as well and therefore don't believe in blind patriotism
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:18 pm

A source from inside Porton Down says they can't say where the poison has come from. If it turns out to come from Lisbon, shall we pull out of the Eurovision Song Contest?
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Swales4ever » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:18 pm

I wouldn't mind an MI6 organized bunch of old good hooligans from the past, either.

think the last time i saw anything of note made by the Italian Gov., was when England International side, challeging WC Italia 90 edition, were confined on Sardinia island for the sake of contaiment of exhuberant fans.

just kidding, on a dark humour note, obviously. :twisted:

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby bigblue » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:31 pm

No, but it should be cause to breakup and remake FIFA. Consecutive World Cups going to countries ruled by dictators and completely unfriendly to football. That's nearly a decade without a proper World Cup that traveling fans would enjoy.

And since I mentioned traveling fans, good luck to everyone traveling there, going up against racist MMA trained russian thugs.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:50 pm

bigblue wrote:No, but it should be cause to breakup and remake FIFA. Consecutive World Cups going to countries ruled by dictators and completely unfriendly to football. That's nearly a decade without a proper World Cup that traveling fans would enjoy.

And since I mentioned traveling fans, good luck to everyone traveling there, going up against racist MMA trained russian thugs.

The team should go. The fans should stay away.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:59 pm

I'd like to see some proof first.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:04 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

Sparklehorse wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:England commit many crimes across the world, don't get this finger pointing and holier than thou attitude. Just admit they're all cunts, fuck off the jingoism and watch the footy ffs

This...all day long !

If you were frothing at the mouth as a result of Novichok instead of anti-English sentiment you might reconsider that response :?

What are your thoughts then JC, easy to nit pick at others stand point............ ;)

OK - John McDonnell says No so I say Yes

(Unless they promise to poison Lingard and Wilshere)

Fight the Red Menace!
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby john68 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:39 pm

Nota great England FC follower, but like Fidel and others, I can see plenty of places in the World where our country is knowingly causing and supporting death and destruction and nothing has changed over the centuries. The excuse of British interests is often a nonsense, as the only people to gain are the multiglobal companies and the bankers and financiers.
Unless things have changed overnight, Proof of Russian involvement has not been forthcoming, despite requests. With the Tories falling behind Labour in the polls, it wouldn't be the first time that a politician has created a scenario where if you, don't get behind the lies and support the shite, then you are a traitor. The Falklands, Iraq, Syria, Lybia....etc. Where on closer scrutiny we British were far from squeaky clean.
I don't know and nor do any of us know the real truth behind the current issues with Russia and it would be stupid to apportion blame on anyone at this point.

Now to football, It would only take an idiot to think that politics ans global finance were in any way seperated from international sport. Qatar and Russia got the nod because of money. The Olympics go where there is the greatest opportunity for investment and finance. Countries boycott and have done for years, events that they could use a boycott to make a political point.

Football is football it has given the World a universal game that even the bloody Americans play now. It is a force for unity bringing nations, people and culture together. It would take a bloody idiot to want to cancel or withdraw from this World Cup.

A useless political gesture that has no effect, that once the comp gets going, nobody bar the British media will even notice. The TV companies will still show it from morning till night without us.
Get real, get playing and leave the political wranglings to those with their hands in the till that want to also put their grubby hands in someone elses till as well.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:42 pm

"A useless political gesture that has no effect, that once the comp gets going, nobody bar the British media will even notice"

In a nutshell.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:20 pm

I think we should go but not try to win.

For a change.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:28 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:I think we should go but not try to win.

For a change.

A very English protest :lol: :lol:
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby City64 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:34 pm

We are that crap we will only be there for half the tournament no one will miss us debate over . :lol:
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Dipstick » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:22 pm

More to the point, should the Arse refuse to play CSKA.
"People say I'm egocentric, but enough about them." Lily Allen
Dipstick
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchster CIty
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby zuricity » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:41 pm

Dipstick wrote:More to the point, should the Arse refuse to play CSKA.

Even more to the point pull out if you haven‘t been snipped.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby RodneyRodney » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:31 am

No.They should put in to the World Cup.
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Justified logic » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:10 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:A source from inside Porton Down says they can't say where the poison has come from. If it turns out to come from Lisbon, shall we pull out of the Eurovision Song Contest?

Please let this be so.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby harveytravis » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:33 am

South Stand Balti wrote:I'd like to see some proof first.

Watch the award winning film ICARUS!!
harveytravis
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum