Something for the weekend

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Something for the weekend

Postby CuteMancs » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:34 pm

Here’s a little something to get us through this football free weekend. I have taken these comments from the CL thread on RAWK, before and after the draw. A word of warning though, they are not for the faint of heart…..you have been warned!

Enjoy …

I'd like us to get obviously either Roma or Shaktar, the ''easier'' the better, albeit no side is easy at this stage, but compared to what we could get, you get the point…I think we'll end up getting Bayern.

Avoid City. Not too fussed with the rest.

Whomever draws us will be shitting it…I don't care who's name comes out the bowl.

I prefer us to play a non-english side. But its going to happen eventually

Couldn't give a crap who we get. We can beat them all…Speed kills in football, and we've got a wheelbarrow full of it. We're the team to avoid…Bring them all on.

We'll get Madrid and I like our chances in that.

I don’t care who it is at this stage. You can’t not expect to face a proper team in the CL QF anyway.

Whoever we get, we get, we can beat any of them over two legs.

Barca nailed on next round. We'll smash them too.

I'm going Real Quarters, Man City Semis, Barca final. Easy peasy

I would like Barca. We owe them a tanking for the Coutinho and Suarez transfers!

Finally back in the quarters...it's been a while.   I'm hoping we get some of the big boys in the next 2 rounds so we can get some storming Champions League games at Anfield with 55 thousand fans losing their shit! …We're going to be seeing this stage of the competition more often than not during Klopp's reign so lets make sure many of the squad that will be here for the ride (eg. Salah, Mane, Firmino, VVD, Robertson, AOC, TAA, Gomez) get some "big game" CL experience sooner than later…Winning number 6 in May would be a truly fanatastic ending to our season.

Don't fear any of the teams besides Utd. Want a team who is open and comes to play football. Fear Utd the most as they will park the bus and try to get a jammy goal on the counter…Would rather avoid the English clubs as we play them every season.

Don't want City. Not arsed after that, but we are long overdue  a big European tie with Bayern and it would be a cracking away.

Sevilla will beat Manutd, and we'll get Sevilla.

We'd beat any of the PL sides over two legs but I'd rather see us against a European powerhouse, been too long on the big stage!

First priority is home in the second leg.  We can go away and keep it tight, and then batter anyone at Anfield…Secondary priority. Anyone but City or Bayern.

I want the toughest now.  We're at our strongest. They all fear us.

I want United - nothing satisfies me more than watching Mourinho cry at Anfield.....and knocking United out of Europe would be icing on the cake.

Juve in the QF, Real in the semi and then Barca in the final

City are the one team that i fear. Think we're up against it big time if we draw them. Yes we beat them but Guardiola is too good not to make adjustments from our recent meeting. And the visit to their place will be really tough. They're capable of blitzing anyone at home…The rest we would be in with a great shout. That goes for Barca, Madrid or Bayern.

I genuinely think we'd absolutely dick Barca

Can we stop this arrogant bullshit of 'no team will want to play us' and so on...we are 5th favourites with the bookmakers I believe..a few teams will happily play us..we will happily back ourselves against anyone of course..but this fear nonsense is biased drivel

Are City one of this 'big four' that people are on about? Because considering our record against them and how we panned them Anfield the other week, I think we're indeed the team they'd least like to play in the next round.

City would be boring just because we've played them enough already. But we've shown we can hang with City. We only got annihilated at the Etihad because we had 10 men…We'll take anyone!

City would feel very similar to Chelsea in 2005. Richest team in the country who already have the league title and league cup sewn up.

Liverpool City would be fucking scintillating entertainment. Edge of the seat shit. Two teams going for it. That’s what it’s all about. Would be a credit to the competition, and they would hate to draw us.

City, fuck.

Fucks sake

Easy enough

Fucking City, Home frst leg too

Fucked.

City, first leg at Anfield. Fucking shite draw.

Fuck!!! Fuck the fucking fuck!!!

Glad to miss the bigger teams, shame we aren't at home in the second leg but I'm confident that we can beat City!

LETS FUCKING DO THEM!

Bar the 5-0 which was a bit of a freak scoreline we’ve been ok against city, need to do what we did in the first game bar the two late goals

Lot of fannies running scared of City. Why ?  We're already proved on a level playing field we're good enough to take them on…As for away 2nd leg, who cares - its not exactly a hostile atmosphere like Madrid or Bayern is it ? 

ffs…bullshit…we'll still do em, but wanted a big boy club instead

So lame.  Don’t care how good City are whether or not we’re favorites to go through.  After not being here for so long I wanted a European team.  Playing City is nothing special. 

Let's smash the plastic c*nts.

Absolute fix that.

would have preferred to have played some european elite team to be honest, but these are certainly beatable and will set up a nice round of semis for us

We can't concede more than one goal in the first leg. Going away in the second leg isn't too bad.

The way I saw it, we fucking blew them away at home, bar two late shitty goals (and no VVD playing)…Lets do that again!

Once we brush City aside we'll be nicely set up for a glamour Semi..in both instances*
Who are the only team to beat them in the league this season ? Oh yeah, us…We can take them on over 2 legs and without appalling refereeing decisions. It won`t be easy but we will worry them, that's for sure.

Bring these c*nts on, we can do them.

I don't mind playing City again because, as football fans more than Liverpool fans, i think we're going to look back on Pep vs Jürgen as one of the great managerial battles of all time. From Germany to England it's beautiful watching two managers with such pure ideological beliefs in the way they want to play, and i want to see that battle in Europe as well…Watching Pep when we spanked them telling City to keep playing out from the back was really heartening, because it demonstrated that he thinks if his tam can play through Jurgens press they can play through anything and watching Jürgen's belief that the way he sets up is the only way to play football, especially if you're playing the best passing sides in the world, it's really what this level of football is about.

This will be a brilliant tie....away goals will mean nothing in these 2 games. Two teams battling out to win. If the agg in anything less than 4-4 I'll be amazed. This is what its all about kids. Knock these out and the rest will be shitting themselves. Better the devil you know

fucking gutted, terrible draw and home 1st leg to .. sigh. hope we can piss on their 'best team ever' chips, historically of late we are terrible in cups against them, last win in 2003? though city have no form in CL, fuck knows how this will end.

Made up.Ive never been to manchester.Cant wait to take in the local scenery and magnificent views

Away goals will decide this tie. Can't stress how important it is to keep a clean sheet in the first leg, if we manage to do that we'll go through.

We can beat these at Anfield…Go with a lead to theirs and we will go through.

They’ll probably score at Anfield, we’ll fancy our chances to do the same there so maybe better to play away 2nd. Not going to be too intimidating an atmosphere either…City aren’t the side to play away at take a 0-0 so let’s have a crazy 4-3 at home again then follow it up with a rock solid 2-2 away.

Wonder if they'll be able to muster up a full stadium for once ?

Well we're going to make an day/evening of it…The club can run tours around the museum for the man city fans to show them what 5 European cups look like and what it takes to get that special badge on your sleeve…All flags out for this one, don't leave your scarf at home, meeting the bus coming in. It's on.

All those prestigious European names in the draw and the opportunity to play a proper European Cup tie and we get Manchester fucking City. Nouveau riche wankers…Ah, well it falls upon us to make sure the semi finals of the European Cup is an oil club free zone.  Looking at the draw all the remaining 5 time + winners were kept apart. What a semi final line up that would be.  Proper European giants slugging it out for the top prize, fingers crossed for that.

his tournament is all about pedigree which we have in spades. Man City are the pretenders in this tournament. The key playing at home is to not concede an away goal and as long as we are still in come the 2nd leg, their fans will not know how to deal with us. They will be a nervous crowd and we can go all out if need be. Our record is decent there.

Raheem Sterling will have to be in an Iron Man Hulkbuster suit, if selected.

city are possibly the strongest team we could have got but I reckon for them we are the worst opponents they could have got as well…they have no European history, they've been great in the league this season, but haven't won at anfield in years - add in the European atmosphere at anfield and I reckon they might shit it. very similar to when we got Chelsea back in 2005 except the gap between us and city is not as big as the gap was between us and Chelsea.

Positivity…We've beaten them both times we've played them over two legs.
They've only won 1 of the last 8 against us in all comps.

Guess we’ll just have to beat them and get the bigger clubs in the semis and final

Guardiola will know full well the potential impact of the atmosphere on his players. We saw what the atmosphere did to Sterling in the league match. Crank it up another notch under the floodlights and we can rip them apart. 

Not too fussed. I fancy us beating City easier than Bayern, Barca, Real and Juve at this stage. Bring it on you oily mancs.

Look guys we have to make anfield the loudest place on earth for that 90 minutes we play them. Proper Chelsea 05 level noise. It's our best chance.

I don’t mind playing away in the 2nd leg. City always have goals in them so better to play at home first IMO. If we can repeat our home performance we have every chance…We’re the only team in the league to beat them this season so we can be confident. The away game in the league was ruined by the red card.

A clean sheet at Anfield and we're a huge chance.

We'll have these. I reckon we'll defo score at their place, so get the win at home and we'll be through.

City = No history / No Provenance / No European Predigree / No Winning European Experience / No real Legacy …We have nothing to gain from beating a team like that, even if they're playing well this season and are financialy backed as an oil countries play thing…Annoying draw for us. ..  For them it's agreat draw as they get to play against a 5 time European powerhouse. It would enable them to start gaining a legacy…If they win of course, which i don't think they will !

Been here before needing to beat the oil rich, dominant side in the league with no european pedigree. No manager has a better record against Guardiola than Klopp also… Should be a great tie.

For the record, I'm disappointed because you look forward to playing some of the big clubs in Europe, not Manchester City, who we play twice a season anyway. Also the rest of the ties are shite. ideally we want to play at home in the second leg, but we can beat City. Both teams having a derby in between the games is a bit shit though.

In terms of atmosphere, the Etihad is by far the least intimidating place to play compared to the alternatives. I really fancy us for this tie.

These are a great side but know nothing like Liverpool's affinity with the European Cup. Get behind the reds with everything you've got and bring number 6 to Anfield..COME ON YOU FUCKIN REDMEN!!!

we've dealt with oil clubs before ,we'll do it again…IN KLOPP WE TRUST

The arrogance of the city fans,won the lottery,and now turning their nose up at one of the greatest clubs in the world…They are shitting themselves really.

They definitely wouldn't have wanted us in the quarter finals, hopefully we knock them out and the semi-finals can have four teams that have European pedigrees. Even if we get knocked out, I can't see them getting past the likes of Real, Barcelona or Bayern.

we destroyed them in the home game in the league bar last 10 minutes. atmosphere was amazing, Stirling shit himself as did others. Can you imagine a European night against them. bring it on. we were well in it away till mane got sent off, another 10mins and otemendi would off gone as he was getting wasted. fuck me we can do these
YNWA

Yep. Joke club with lots of money.

One thing for certain is, if City and their fanbase turn up to Anfield thinking the atmosphere will be like a normal league game, they are going to be in for one massive, massive shock!!!

Drawing Man city isn't really that bad IMO, we are the only team that beat them in the league this season. And that heavy away loss was mainly due to the Mane red card. Our defence have also improved a lot since then, I think this match is 50/50.

It will be great to watch but would have loved some European royalty. Oh well, we have to wait for the semi's for that

Has to be a bus welcome for this. Make it proper intimidating ting for the City bus too.  Shown them how a proper European team does these games.

I think City are stronger than us over two legs, but that is because our consistency is suspect.  That said, Liverpool are a different animal in Europe; as said above, we're street fighters…This is a tie that could honestly go either way, but I'd rather City than Seville.  They seem to be a bit of a bogey team for us!

Bummer of a draw. Not scared of anyone, but I wanted to see a European heavyweight at this stage. Instead it's a team who can't fill a stadium with a billion pound squad. Boring.

Damn…I was hoping for a team with  European pedigree, just our luck ...For City, this is what the Champions  League  is all about...  going to home the of the 5 times European Champs

Mourinho's going to want his pound of flesh, I don't think Guardiola will take it easy for that match, and the fans will want to do the double over United, certainly a historic achievement in itself. But we can't afford to take it easy either. So it is actually in our favour that Anfield is first, and if we manage to win the first leg, it will certainly ease the pressure for us on the derby.

They're gunna kak…We don't take no shit from English teams- we knock them out on their arses routinely.

Yeah these have never been at this stage in this competition and they've never experienced Anfield at this stage. They should ask the Mancs, Arsenal, Chelsea etc...No English team has ever kicked us out of the CL- we always kick em out. We'll have to send each man out onto the Anfield pitch with a piece of toilet paper!
Those other English fans know City's got the worst draw they could have here…
We've got this.

for those who need reminding, we were hugeee underdogs against Juventus,Chelsea,Milan in 2005, we were huge underdogs against Barca in 2007 and even against Chelsea again that year…The pressure is on City.

Cracking tie... Nuff said.

n a bag of pussies we grabbed the dick with this draw...City would want to get one over the only team that beat them before they are crowned Champions. We need to play a game like last time, but without the defensive lapses. I don't think that this tie will be decided by penalties, but the score will not be 0-0 in either game. Who knows... I would have preferred to meet them in the next round, pity they won't be there.

Massive tie and I can't wait! City won't have heard anything like the atmosphere that they're going to be playing in and that will start on Anfield Road when the buses arrive!

Rubbish draw, would’ve loved a proper ‘european’ team, anyhow, we don’t fear Pep, we’ve beaten him and city, will be a great couple of games, bring on the sems’s

Be intersesting to see how many travel to Manchester for the second leg just to be there if we are in with a shout.  Imagine welcoming the team bus at The Etihad,  that would really get them rattled.

One of theirs will get red carded at Anfield.

We didn't have van Dijk the last time we beat these so I reckon we'll keep clean sheets and win 6-0 on aggregate.

I'd take Real over City any day, mate. Real are poor this season and then CL is their only hope of saving the season. They will have more chance of success against Juve then us, they wouldn't know how to play us. City do know how to play us.

Not afraid of City. We are LIVERPOOL! European royalty…Also ... we owe them one for 2014 and 2016 cup final…I've got a feeling the away leg might just to us a favour here. We are awesome on the raod and score plenty of goals. If we are chasing the game the away goals rule might come in handy.

So what are the plans for the Manchester City welcome that night? It has to be monumental...... on a scale never seen before........ noise, pyro....the works!!!

It shouldn't be a problem on the night,  but anyone with the good fortune to have a ticket for the Kop (or any part of the ground ) should be in no doubt about their responsibility. Flags, loads of colour, no halfy halfy wank drapes  and voices belting out like Placido DomIngo!  The temperature's already rising!!

Genuinely feel the difference here will be the two sets of fans. Anfield will be absolutely mad, no doubt, baying for the blood of the City players and elevating ours to another level…Take that madness to Etihad and we're knocking them out, no doubt.

Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Roma, Juventus, Inter Milan, AC Milan, Barcelona. These are all scalps we have taken in the European Cup over the years. Fuck City, we can knock these jumped up Oil funded playthings out.

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: Something for the weekend

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:40 pm

Got bored reading but one thing is for sure, they are are a raggishly detestable bunch of self important candle waving twats.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby nottsblue » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:57 pm

Wow.

As someone who isnt all that fussed over the CL, i really really hope we get through this tie. The media will be unbearable if they someone get thru. Deluded just doesnt do it justice
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Dimples » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:07 pm

I can sum up most of the above as follows:

European Royalty will beat City in the CL due to:
1. History 2. Pyros 3. a noisy stadium 4. VVD 5. a PL home win in 2017/18 6. ignoring away PL result 7. being as intimidating as possible

Classy act those Royals (p.s. what about the actual football?)
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:26 pm

Dimples wrote:I can sum up most of the above as follows:

European Royalty will beat City in the CL due to:
1. History 2. Pyros 3. a noisy stadium 4. VVD 5. a PL home win in 2017/18 6. ignoring away PL result 7. being as intimidating as possible

Classy act those Royals (p.s. what about the actual football?)

istereeeeee, pedigreeeeeee, istereeeeee, pedigreeeeeee is all the cuntfaced wankers can muster.

I'm so glad my best mate (scouse obviously)will be out of the country for both legs otherwise I could see 35yrs of friendship flushed down the toilet
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:07 pm

I bet that one sane voice in there ('this fear nonsense is biased drivel') has had his house burned down by now.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby City64 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:50 pm

Ive spent a week giving them thick scummy bastards shit on twitter , cant be arsed letting rip on here . Can see why the rags hate these detestable filthy cunts big time they are fucking horrible .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby dick dastardley » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:05 pm

I hate these bastards more than the rags we need to score at there shit stadium and scumbag fans.
They really do think they are the dogs bollox
When did they last win owt? Fucking wankers!!
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Justified logic » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:01 pm

Wow.

What a bunch of detestable deluded dunces. Like since when did 'istree win games?!

No English team has ever kicked us out of the CL

Well, right there is another 'record' to be smashed and thrown in the bin for them to retrieve and gorge on ("Well the tie was only 2 games of 180+<x> minutes and if the second one had continued for a further <y> minutes we would have won." Munch, munch.)

Look guys we have to make anfield the loudest place on earth for that 90 minutes we play them. Proper Chelsea 05 level noise. It's our best chance.

Desperate!
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Mase » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:37 pm

Not sure if they’re aware of how much Rafa spent trying, and failing, to win the league. Brenda spent £300 million and failed. They’ve just spent £75 million on one player and will finish barely 4th/5th.

Weird how some of them are going on about how much we’ve spent.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby branny » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:04 pm

It's stating the obvious but whichever team takes their chances will win the tie. I'm expecting both teams to create their fair share and it will be about who keeps their nerve when they come along.

The league games will have no bearing on the tie. They are crowing about having Van Dyke in the team but we could have Mendy, Silva and Sterling in the line up. I doubt Pep will start with John Stones so we should be tighter at the back. Both teams have had a decent break too. The game at Anfield came after a busy festive period which I think affected us. Hopefully there will be no ten minute brain farts this time (tbf their finishing was exceptional).

The home leg i doubt will be as one sided if it stays with 11 v 11 but I think if we come away from Anfield with anything better than a two goal deficit, we'll go through. We need the "Hamburg" atmosphere in the second leg to shut Aldridge up.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:41 pm

When they play at their absolute best they can match us for time. The rest of the time, we are far ahead. Over 180+ minutes that will tell.
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course

Return to The Maine Football forum