safe standing

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: safe standing

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:49 pm

No one would have died that day if there had been no fences. There were fences because of football hooligans. This terrible disaster started years before it happened with scum fighting and throwing missiles.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mase » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:58 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Jesus Christ.
Idiots.
We ALL got treated like that at football. Luckily for us,it wasn't us that got killed at Hillsborough. It really could have been though. Read up before you shout spite like this. It makes you look a fool.

But you ALL didn’t react in the same way. That’s the point. You’re actually proving my point. You say you all got treated like that at football, yet it didn’t happen at any other club.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby zuricity » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:02 pm

Justified logic wrote:
zuricity wrote:And they all had tickets for the match ! yeah really.

You are probably right. They probably didn't all have tickets as there would have been some outside looking for tickets.

BUT THE POLICE LET THEM ALL IN IN AN UNCONTROLLED WAY.

Jeez, it is so simple. Just put your stupid prejudices aside for once for chrissake.

how dare you ? who are you calling prejudiced ?

just re.read what you have written , who owns Hillborough swfc or the police ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Justified logic » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:04 pm

zuricity wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

You are probably right. They probably didn't all have tickets as there would have been some outside looking for tickets.

Jeez, it is so simple. Just put your stupid prejudices aside for once for chrissake.

Well you may have point. Who was given the blame as a result of the far too belated enquiry? Genuine question.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Justified logic » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:12 pm

Justified logic wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

Well you may have point. Who was given the blame as a result of the far too belated enquiry? Genuine question.

Here you are. I'll save you the brain energy.

Hillsborough inquest timeline: the long wait for justice

Specifically...

26 April 2016

The inquest jury delivers its verdict. Among the 14 questions it is asked to decide upon, it concludes:

• The 96 people who died in the disaster were unlawfully killed, overturning the verdict of accidental death at the original inquest.
  • No behaviour on the part of Liverpool fans contributed to the dangerous situation at the Leppings Lane turnstiles. This, at last, comprehensively exonerates the supporters who were blamed for causing the disaster in its immediate aftermath.
  • Defects in the construction and layout of the stadium contributed to the disaster.
  • “Errors and omissions” by the commanding police officers and the entire police operation on the day contributed to the causes of the disaster.
  • Errors and omissions in the stadium’s layout and design, and its lack of a valid safety certificate contributed to the tragedy, as did Sheffield Wednesday FC’s preparation for the match. On the question of whether the club’s actions on the day of the game were a contributory factor, the jury could not say for sure but said they may have been
  • Errors and omissions by the South Yorkshire metropolitan ambulance service contributed to the disaster.

In case it has got lost, this concerns the deaths of 96 people who were totally innocent in the matter.

One also has to ask why it took 27 (TWENTY-SEVEN) years for the police to be brought to book. Genuine concern. It would have taken the police a week, max, to point the finger at the scouse scum. Scrap that, it just took until the next day's newspaper headline.
Last edited by Justified logic on Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Justified logic

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:17 pm

Mase wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Jesus Christ.
Idiots.
We ALL got treated like that at football. Luckily for us,it wasn't us that got killed at Hillsborough. It really could have been though. Read up before you shout spite like this. It makes you look a fool.

But you ALL didn’t react in the same way. That’s the point. You’re actually proving my point. You say you all got treated like that at football, yet it didn’t happen at any other club.

There were crush injuries in exactly The same place when Wolves fans were in the Leppings Lane End in the 1981 semi final against Spurs. Nobody died fortunately that day but the warnings were ignored.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby zuricity » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:17 pm

Justified logic wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

Inquiry?

yes, it is always somebody else’s fault
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Justified logic » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:20 pm

zuricity wrote:
Justified logic wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

Inquiry?

You are a fool.
Justified logic

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:31 pm

zuricity wrote:
Justified logic wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

Inquiry?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ory.sport8
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby zuricity » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:33 pm

^^^^

Fool ? why don’t you read what you have quoted and then explain to me, how any of the three comments i made contradict the inquiry findings ?
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:41 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:No one would have died that day if there had been no fences. There were fences because of football hooligans. This terrible disaster started years before it happened with scum fighting and throwing missiles.

It's like we led ourselves down our own path. It's disgraceful how the Police acted but in essence we as fans have to take some of the blame.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:46 am

Justified logic wrote:

If they’d had tickets, they wouldn’t have been at the gates, they’d have been at the turnstiles. If they were at the gates when they did have tickets, why do that? Something is rather amiss there.

If there is no one at the gates and they were all lining up at the turnstiles like normal people with tickets do, why open the gates?

Something does not add up here.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:54 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

If they’d had tickets, they wouldn’t have been at the gates, they’d have been at the turnstiles. If they were at the gates when they did have tickets, why do that? Something is rather amiss there.

If there is no one at the gates and they were all lining up at the turnstiles like normal people with tickets do, why open the gates?

They had seven turnstiles to admit over 10000 Liverpool fans. As time marched on the area became increasingly congested. Queues? Have you been in that area outside Leppings Lane?
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:11 am

That’s not true. It clearly showed on the programme BBC did last year that the Scouse twats saw one of the gates wasn’t manned and they all ran for it - WITHOUT TICKETS - to sneak in and force their way in to the ground.

There was people on the programme that admitted there were hundreds of fans there without tickets that saw an opportunity and forced their way in.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Original Dub » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:15 am

There has to be some blame on the fans. Of course there has.

The problem in this case is that ALL the blame was laid on the fans and because of the decades long aftermath of that, ALL the blame was lifted.

The enquiry would have went on forever if the findings had have been any other way
Original Dub

Postby zuricity » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:59 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

Well i suppose you could also blame British rail for getting them all there on time.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:03 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:They had seven turnstiles to admit over 10000 Liverpool fans. As time marched on the area became increasingly congested. Queues? Have you been in that area outside Leppings Lane?

Yes, both before and after this sad event. Yes, it took a while to get in; yes, I arrived over an hour before kick off; and no, I didn't rush at the gates to try and expedite matters.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:21 am

zuricity wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

Well i suppose you could also blame British rail for getting them all there on time.

As if.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:31 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

As if.

they were probably on strike that day...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:32 am

The myth of fans without tickets has been well and truly debunked.
If when the outer gate was opened there had been coppers at the tunnels that went down to the central pens it still needn't have happened.
Where were they? At the flanks as what they were bothered about, was stopping people jibbing in the seats for nothing.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum