safe standing

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: safe standing

Postby Mase » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:02 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:The myth of fans without tickets has been well and truly debunked.
If when the outer gate was opened there had been coppers at the tunnels that went down to the central pens it still needn't have happened.
Where were they? At the flanks as what they were bothered about, was stopping people jibbing in the seats for nothing.

Did you watch the BBC documentary? Their own fans admitted to turning up without tickets.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:12 am

anyway...

back to the point of this thread...
why does the liverpool’s fans opinions count more than other fans on this topic?? do bradford fans get consulted on fire safety?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby ian494 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:50 am

United players should get consulted on plane safety too
ian494
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby nottsblue » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:16 pm

ian494 wrote:United players should get consulted on plane safety too

And how to get a PSV licence
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby patrickblue » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:23 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:anyway...

back to the point of this thread...
why does the liverpool’s fans opinions count more than other fans on this topic?? do bradford fans get consulted on fire safety?

Cos they're special.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:14 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:The myth of fans without tickets has been well and truly debunked.
If when the outer gate was opened there had been coppers at the tunnels that went down to the central pens it still needn't have happened.
Where were they? At the flanks as what they were bothered about, was stopping people jibbing in the seats for nothing.

I would suggest that the report was undertaken on modern standards of policing whereas the reality is that it was far different back then.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:18 pm

The final insult was the cover up. The very people at fault, blamed The people they helped kill.
Yes I've seen documentaries. Yes I went games away around that time. Yes I've read a great deal about it.
Had we been there that day, the front of the central pens is exactly where I would have taken my lad, we would have been there early enough to get a place. It's a sobering thought.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:45 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:The final insult was the cover up. The very people at fault, blamed The people they helped kill.
Yes I've seen documentaries. Yes I went games away around that time. Yes I've read a great deal about it.
Had we been there that day, the front of the central pens is exactly where I would have taken my lad, we would have been there early enough to get a place. It's a sobering thought.

The policing in those days was horrendous, anybody knows who used to go to games in those days. But, please tell me, how fencing was allowed to be erected to keep people in?

Apart from the fact that we weren't the best behaved back then, the biggest thing for me was when we had to wait for Thatcher to pass before they could undertake the review.

It wasn't just the Police to blame, every fan and governmental department needs to hold their hands up and take a stake in this. The report would always hit on one area, just to put this whole sordid episode to bed, but there will always be those who can still have an educated opinion on what went on that day, what had happened prior, and what was to come.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:10 pm

Sheffield Wednesday and Sheffield Council ignored many deficiencies in the green guide. The FA passed the game through on little more than "same split as usual"
Past incidents that were almost identical were ignored.
The police behaved appallingly. and then blamed the very people they were meant to protect.
The only good thing was was that it proved a watershed in the way fans were treated. Even if it was used to extract more cash from us.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum