*** Bin Dippers v City CLQF 1st Leg Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** Bin Dippers v City CLQF 1st Leg Official Match Threa

Postby nottsblue » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:57 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Game over.

Really pissed off about this defeat. Just the manner of it. Have to beat the rags now

I wouldn't say that mate. Wrong tactics from us but you have to say that Liverpool got it right. Still 90 to go at ours and, you never know, we can beat anybody at home, it's just about the score.

This game had me thinking that Pep wanted to do it all, by beating the Rags at weekend, when the priority should've been this game. Losing against 2 'istree clubs will really piss me off if we lose on Saturday but I'll soon get over it as we'll only have the league to look out for.

What's the priority?

I was actually the match tonight with 'game over'.

But for what it's worth I cannot see us overturning a three goal deficit with no away goal. The season in some ways is now gonna be an anticlimax. The PL is done and dusted. It's just a matter of when. The priority is the next game. Go and show the football world what we are about and what we stand for. Because we sure as Hell didn't tonight.

A win v the rags to clinch the title will have three benefits

1 - we win pot 2
2 - we rub the rags noses in it big time
3 - it's the best possible way to gee up the team/supporters for the second leg next week
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby zabbadabbado » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:58 pm

I thought bricking Coaches went out with Flairs in the 1970s.

Lets hope for Liverpool sake they haven't set a precedent tonight. ;) ;) ;)
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:59 pm

blues2win wrote:It’s a way of looking at it but we were so bad in that first half and in the second looked devoid of imagination. Interesting to hear what Pep says but this will really hurt.

If he says anything other than "I shouldn't have fannied about with the formation so I take the blame for this match", or words to that effect, he wants his pate slapping repeatedly, Benny Hill-style.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:59 pm

That was embarrassing. From the manager and especially the players. The season is now over and what has been a fantastic ride looks like it's going to fizzle out in a series of meaningless end-of-season practice matches. I just hope the fuckers deem Saturday's game important enough for them to turn up.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby ENIAM NAM » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:59 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Really pissed off about this defeat. Just the manner of it. Have to beat the rags now

I wouldn't say that mate. Wrong tactics from us but you have to say that Liverpool got it right. Still 90 to go at ours and, you never know, we can beat anybody at home, it's just about the score.

This game had me thinking that Pep wanted to do it all, by beating the Rags at weekend, when the priority should've been this game. Losing against 2 'istree clubs will really piss me off if we lose on Saturday but I'll soon get over it as we'll only have the league to look out for.

What's the priority?

But for what it's worth I cannot see us overturning a three goal deficit with no away goal. The season in some ways is now gonna be an anticlimax. The PL is done and dusted. It's just a matter of when. The priority is the next game. Go and show the football world what we are about and what we stand for. Because we sure as Hell didn't tonight.

1 - we win pot 2
3 - it's the best possible way to gee up the team/supporters for the second leg next week

I was all for resting players against the rags but I agree with all of that now.
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby PrezIke » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:00 pm

Crossie wrote:I blame Pep for that. Wrong team was put out.

Also we are like addicted crack heads with our pass it around the defenders obsession. Pass pass pass ok 3 passes done now let’s look for a winger.

Silva, Sane, Jesus, not enough from them. I don’t really know what Jesus actually does.

Seems we don’t really have a plan B to attack through the middle of the park, or maybe more accurately play a slower tempo game against Liverpool, particularly away.

Pep learned a lot from his first season, but hasn’t figured out Klopp’s high press / counter. Stoke I think utilised it against us in that crazy game earlier in the season but don’t have the right personnel to do it, but this is also a one off, and as good as we are at winning the ball back now, they are better at their press as he’s also been there longer and rely on that more than technical abilities in midfield from their midfielders.
Last edited by PrezIke on Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Mase » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:00 pm

Hope the cunts have to walk home and there’s no other bus in the North West to bring them back!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby blues2win » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:02 pm

The entire back four was shocking. At least Laporte was up against Salah and playing out of position. What were the excuses of Kompany Otamendi and Walker? Fernandinho off form. Gundogan offered nothing defensively which didn’t help Walker and nothing going forward. Kevin could’ve scored if Sane has passed to him. He did try but was way off his best. Silva probably the pick of a very bad bunch. Sane did sweet fuck all against a youngster. Jesus tried very hard but contributed nothing. Fuck me.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Plain Speaking » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:04 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Anybody notice our onside goal called offside and their offside goal called onside?
2-1 different game.

Agreed, where's VAR when you need it. Tremendous pressure on the match officials to give close decisions in favour of the noisy home team. Also maybe some sympathy for the German manager from the German team of officials?
Ota seemed to get the ball for his yellow card and KDB got an incorrect yellow card also.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Proelia » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:05 pm

blues2win wrote:The entire back four was shocking. At least Laporte was up against Salah and playing out of position. What were the excuses of Kompany Otamendi and Walker? Fernandinho off form. Gundogan offered nothing defensively which didn’t help Walker and nothing going forward. Kevin could’ve scored if Sane has passed to him. He did try but was way off his best. Silva probably the pick of a very bad bunch. Sane did sweet fuck all against a youngster. Jesus tried very hard but contributed nothing. Fuck me.

Jesus never contributes anything other than running around a lot without actually getting a tackle in, I have yet to see him dribble past a player and his electric pace is a myth he's slower then Sergio who everyone was moaning was in decline
Proelia
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:05 pm

Henderson, Milner and ox schooled fern Silva and kev. That is a joke.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby branny » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:07 pm

We were shit but are more than capable of pulling three goals back at home. Salah was holding his groin so may be out. Henderson was booked so is out. I doubt Sané could be that bad again if he tried. He started it all with that crap pass out to the left into his usual area. Strangely, the linesman failed to spot the most obvious offside of the lot and yet pulled us three times when it was borderline. We didn't get the bounce of the ball today in any way, shape or form but if there's any team that can overturn this it's us.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby sheblue » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:07 pm

3-0 at home anyone?
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby blues2win » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:07 pm

Jesus does score quite a few goals! This match was too much for him. He’s very young. Obviously we missed Sergio. Who wouldn’t?
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:08 pm

Klopp complaining about the players missing next week and it’s not fair they have to play at 12:30 on Saturday.

Christ. We play United at 5:30. What’s wrong with the man.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby zabbadabbado » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:09 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

What's the priority?

1 - we win pot 2
i will be livid ii he goes under strength against the Rags on Saturday after that abomination.We threw the FA CUP and a chance of a domestic treble for this shit.. 3 of our worst performances have come in the last 3 seasons Champions League knock out stages, Real Madrid away under Pelegrini was so cowardly it was awful to watch,we were,beaten from the first whistle.Monaco away last year was astonishingly naive with a healthy goals for lead.We only needed to defend ffs, Tonight eclipsed both those, because it wasn't like we didn't know what to expect.Every City fan with a pulse would tell you Liverpool game plan ronight,ffs it was only a few weeks ago they beat us playing the same way,before that they beat us the same way last season.This is the same Liverpol that gets regularly bumnbed by an average Rag Side.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:10 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Henderson, Milner and ox schooled fern Silva and kev. That is a joke.

See, this was basically the problem: when they went 3-0 up, we had a midfield of Fernandinho and Gundogan. For some reason best known to the manager he didn't play our usual midfield of Silva, Fernandinho and de Bruyne until an hour, and with it probably the tie, had gone. The stupid get played their game instead of ours.

Still at least we have got another 90 minutes to put things right.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:11 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Klopp complaining about the players missing next week and it’s not fair they have to play at 12:30 on Saturday.

Christ. We play United at 5:30. What’s wrong with the man.

He's a fucking twat.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby hayling22 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:12 pm

We seem to have this mentality which I have heard in many interviews that they always think any losing situation can be turned around. And to be fair, when needed we always seem to make good
I really think they expected to get back in it, but the second half had no cutting edge.
It will be interesting to see the mentality going into the second leg from the off. The first 5 mins and the passion and mindset will really set the tone, to see if they really believe!
Last edited by hayling22 on Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hayling22
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Dennis Tueart

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:12 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Henderson, Milner and ox schooled fern Silva and kev. That is a joke.

See, this was basically the problem: when they went 3-0 up, we had a midfield of Fernandinho and Gundogan. For some reason best known to the manager he didn't play our usual midfield of Silva, Fernandinho and de Bruyne until an hour, and with it probably the tie, had gone. The stupid get played their game instead of ours.

Still at least we have got another 90 minutes to put things right.

And after telling the world and his wife that we can only play one way and won't change a thing.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum