*** Bin Dippers v City CLQF 1st Leg Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** Bin Dippers v City CLQF 1st Leg Official Match Threa

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:08 am

After a period of rest and reflection overnight I have reached the conclusion that I will say no more about this until after the second leg.
Why dwell on that indefensible fiasco if we manage to go through?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby PeterParker » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:15 am

johnny crossan wrote:After a period of rest and reflection overnight I have reached the conclusion that I will say no more about this until after the second leg.

John,

Last night for me was a lesson. Even if we go through, last night showed us that we still have a long way to go in fighting at the same level as Real or Barcelona, whom, Imho, are the best out there at the moment. It would be fantastic to go through, but we should not forget what happen.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:21 am

PeterParker wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:After a period of rest and reflection overnight I have reached the conclusion that I will say no more about this until after the second leg.

John,

Last night for me was a lesson. Even if we go through, last night showed us that we still have a long way to go in fighting at the same level as Real or Barcelona, whom, Imho, are the best out there at the moment. It would be fantastic to go through, but we should not forget what happened.

You're right friend, we shouldn't forget - it's fundamental that our clear weaknesses are addressed quickly.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby City64 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:24 am

PeterParker wrote:

John,

Last night for me was a lesson. Even if we go through, last night showed us that we still have a long way to go in fighting at the same level as Real or Barcelona, whom, Imho, are the best out there at the moment. It would be fantastic to go through, but we should not forget what happen.

This for me too . Woke up and drove to work still feeling shit , nothing less than winning the league on Saturday v the rags and a thumping good performance against the vile murdering bin dipping scum will do !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby mr_nool » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:28 am

We won't go through, though. No away goal pretty much sealed our fate.

As I wrote before the match, I was very much in doubt about the cautious approach. Pep lost his bottle there - he should have started with Sterling or Bernardo on the right - and that transferred on to the players. It also left us unbalanced and easy to defend against. We should just have gone all guns blazing, playing our normal game. OK, we might still have lost, but a 5-2 would still be better than this pathetic result.

I was also quite surprised of how impotent we looked in the second half. I though taking Salah off was the stupidest thing Klopp could do, since I didn't think the dipper had it in them to sit out a game, but our attacking game in the second half pretty much consisted of KdB passing it to Liverpool players or our wingers running onto dead ends.
Last edited by mr_nool on Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:39 am

We have the players we just had a mare on the wrong night, We should have had 2 tap ins 2nd half. We can do it it has been before. The scousers no that !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: ****City v Bin Dippers QF 1st Leg Official Match Thread*

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:45 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:4 stars, insulting the opposition and getting the home team wrong in the thread title...
forget the so called anfield wall of sound, the creation of this thread means we’ve already lost.
nice one city64

bump
we know who to blame
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby zuricity » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:09 am

It´s not like scousepool were that good last night.

The three goals flatter them.

Sane´s weak pass and Salah offside, followed by Walker not being able to clear it and when you see that the goalie actually deflected the ball passed Kompany- when Komps might have blocked Salah´s attempt !

Afterwards, Dietmar Hamman was blaming the defenders for not closing down the Ox , but the ball was deflected perfectly to him - even though it was a super shot from the Ox.

Sane onside for our disallowed goal. How the linesman got that right ( well wrong) and missed Salah's offside - well both were wrong decisions from him.

Could have been 1-1 or at least 2-1.

Although I think Gundo is a good player, it clearly wasn't working for him on the right.

Ah well, we have come back before , we will do it again. Might go to extra time though.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Justified logic » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:13 am

I can't see us getting back from that defeat. We'd need to win 3-0 (and ET), 5-1, 6-2 or even more ridiculous scores and that's a tall order as I can't see us stopping them scoring.

We really weren't at it last night - not tight and not able to deal with their close press.

I wonder how unsettled the team were by the attack on their coach. That could explain our lack of sharpness as even small margins make a big difference at this level.

I find it beyond belief that the club weren't able to circumvent the scummy scousers' ambush. It had been advertised for ages and there is no one on here who didn't know what was going to happen. I wonder who, if anyone, gives advice on how to deal with scum like the scousers. Simple measures like having the bus arrive at 5pm; sending a decoy for them to attack, protecting it with grills. Jeez. They drove straight into the maelstrom like virgins out picking flowers. Grow up City!

Incidentally, did Liverpool FC make any announcements before the game calling for their scummy fans to show respect to the City team on the bus' arrival?
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sheblue » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:12 am

The bus thing didn't help thats for sure.

But we started the game well.

Our defending for the 1st and 3rd goals was just school boy stuff.
Walker, why did he turn around and try to play the ball out of his own 6 yard box for the first goal? He knew he was surrounded. Why on earth didnt he just put it out for a corner.
Ederson on the 3rd goal, long cross, high ball and a free header 4-5 yards from goal, did he forget he is tall and has fists? It should have been routine for him.
Were those and many other basic errors down to the bus thing....
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby zuricity » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:33 am

sheblue wrote:The bus thing didn't help thats for sure.

But we started the game well.

Our defending for the 1st and 3rd goals was just school boy stuff.
Walker, why did he turn around and try to play the ball out of his own 6 yard box for the first goal? He knew he was surrounded. Why on earth didn't he just put it out for a corner.
Ederson on the 3rd goal, long cross, high ball and a free header 4-5 yards from goal, did he forget he is tall and has fists? It should have been routine for him.
Were those and many other basic errors down to the bus thing....

Yes I wondered about the third goal in the same way. It is not like the cross from Salah was whipped in, it was a gentle lob. Giving Ederson the chance not only to punch the ball but also take out Mane at the same time. Big Joe would have done that.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby zabbadabbado » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:11 pm

Nope doesn’t feel any better after sleeping on it….

Horrible,horrible night. I feel even worse today.

Everything was off last night., Beaten before taking the Pitch was bad enough. You would have thought our manager would have picked up their nervousness in the dressing room and acted accordingly. I have no idea what he was trying to achieve in an already difficult game for us.

It made no sense unsettling us with that ridiculous system, and persisting with it stubbornly long enough to make it virtually mathematically impossible for us to progress, it was insanity.70 minutes gone you would have thought we were winning 3-0 stroking the Ball around, running down the Clock. No real attempt to try and at least score an away goal, seriously WTF was that about, His comments after the game were more deluded than Van Gal.

We better paste those fuckers Saturday to erase the memory of last night.

He better not start fucking about dropping half the squad for the Derby, to rest them for Liverpool, after showing absolutely 0 interest in resurrecting that tie at any stage during 90+ minutes last night. That would really piss me off big time. We need that kind of demoralizing defeat out of our system quickly. Otherwise we risk 1 defeat, quickly becoming 2 defeats, then Liverpool up after that, and Spurs away
,you see where I am going 1 defeat could become 4 defeats and a crisis. No one gets to rest up after that shit show, They all owe the fans one.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:36 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:Nope doesn’t feel any better after sleeping on it….

Everything was off last night., Beaten before taking the Pitch was bad enough. You would have thought our manager would have picked up their nervousness in the dressing room and acted accordingly. I have no idea what he was trying to achieve in an already difficult game for us.

It made no sense unsettling us with that ridiculous system, and persisting with it stubbornly long enough to make it virtually mathematically impossible for us to progress, it was insanity.70 minutes gone you would have thought we were winning 3-0 stroking the Ball around, running down the Clock. No real attempt to try and at least score an away goal, seriously WTF was that about, His comments after the game were more deluded than Van Gal.

He better not start fucking about dropping half the squad for the Derby, to rest them for Liverpool, after showing absolutely 0 interest in resurrecting that tie at any stage during 90+ minutes last night. That would really piss me off big time. We need that kind of demoralizing defeat out of our system quickly. Otherwise we risk 1 defeat, quickly becoming 2 defeats, then Liverpool up after that, and Spurs away
,you see where I am going 1 defeat could become 4 defeats and a crisis. No one gets to rest up after that shit show, They all owe the fans one.

I still cannot grasp how we didnt have one fuckign shot on goal of note...I think Sanes was the only attempt and that wasnt even on target.

We have zero chance next week imo...we needed a goal at their stink hole and we didn't get one.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby bigblue » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:20 pm

I would have given up 10 points in the league for us to just draw that game. To lose to the scouse of all people in that manner is humiliating.

A HUGE response is needed in the next two game. I mean a win vs the rags and at least 4-0 at home vs the dippers. If Pep and the players really want to be counted amongst the best British teams of all time, the next few days is their chance.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Sparklehorse » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:15 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I still cannot grasp how we didnt have one fuckign shot on goal of note...I think Sanes was the only attempt and that wasnt even on target.

We have zero chance next week imo...we needed a goal at their stink hole and we didn't get one.

We scored a perfectly good goal, if that had been given we may we’ll have gone on to score more as Liverpool would have shit themselves !
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: All of them

Postby PrezIke » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:44 pm

Bottom line is our players reputations and this amazing season have now been quite tarnished by this performance.

If they have any bottle or care about changing that perception they better show up the next two games and shut up the critics.

That's it. No whinging, no excuses. I'm talking to everyone who started this game, even Silva and KDB who weren't awful.

Get Stones back in the side and Otamendi out, especially if Salah is fit. Stones actually had a good game in the 5-0 and was left to fend by himself as Otamendi has no hope to stop players like Salah.

Some of our players are good enough for the PL, including some of the best teams there, but maybe not big cup ties/CL against opp that causes us or can cause us real problems. The next two games will tell us a lot and might decide who stays, unless they are okay with being a squad player here.

We truly miss having a real left back with pace...once again...but it is what it is.

If Delphino is fit Pep HAS to play him. I am sure he will if he is. I might put Laporte back on the left as well because even if I love Vinny and want him in the big games out there since I do think we lack outspoken, respected leadership, Laporte and Stones gives me more confidence with the ball against Liverpool's press.

One big issue is we are quite young as well, and that is one thing I am trying to take into consideration, especially in attack without Aguero, who I pray can play.

It can be done, and while I am not expecting it, I don't think it can't happen either.

Come on you MFin Blues!
Last edited by PrezIke on Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Sparklehorse » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:46 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

We scored a perfectly good goal, if that had been given we may we’ll have gone on to score more as Liverpool would have shit themselves !
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: All of them

Postby Plain Speaking » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:08 pm

Sparklehorse wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I agree Sane looked exactly level, when ball was played, (unlike Salah who was clearly offside).

I couldn't understand Chris Foy on BT saying that it was a correct offside call for Sane? Does anyone have a picture/freeze frame of the incident?

There's been little mention in the media of the foul on Sterling that should have been a penalty.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:25 pm

I was waiting for a replay of the Raheem incident but alas, apparently it wasn't worth showing, even though BT had the coverage. As for the offside decisions, it was clear that Salah was just off and also clear that Sane was just level bit what I can't understand is how the lino came to the decisions he did. Surely if one was onside, the other must also be?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby mr_nool » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:55 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I was waiting for a replay of the Raheem incident but alas, apparently it wasn't worth showing, even though BT had the coverage. As for the offside decisions, it was clear that Salah was just off and also clear that Sane was just level bit what I can't understand is how the lino came to the decisions he did. Surely if one was onside, the other must also be?

What really struck me was how we didn't protest any of those two second half decisions. It was like had either given up the fight completely or resigned to the fact that weren't getting nothing from the officials.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum