the bus attack

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: the bus attack

Postby zabbadabbado » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:49 am

It must have played some part in unsettling our side. :oops: :oops: :oops:

I read a comment on that other City site, and I hate the fact that I am 100% agreeing with it because the comment in essence it so derogatory.

In the tunnel before the game when our team was assembled, the cameras panning around their white terrified faces. It looked similar to that scene in Gladiator where those in the tunnel waiting to go out and fight in the coliseum were pissing all over their Shoes with fright. Sadly it really did, they were beaten before going on the Pitch last night. That really hurt me.

It was embarrassing, we were comprehensively humiliated, such was the manner of that defeat I fear it might have done real psychological damage to the team. I bet there is not one City fan now more than a bit worried about the Derby . It wasn’t just a defeat; it really was a dreadful demoralizing defeat, complete and utter capitulation. That feels no better in the cold light of day.

Last nights game was what we work so hard, and strive for all season. Our ultimate objective European domination. To throw out a performance like that on the verge of potential greatness was astonishing. I am not a mard arse,I have supported City through thick and thin ,defeats make success taste sweeter. That wasn’t losing a football match after at least trying. That was a spineless cowardly beaten before taking the pitch performance. It is right up there with the worst performances I have ever seen by a City side given the 10s millions we spent on them and plethora of talent on the pitch. Not one of them can hold their head high this morning after that. Physically bullied by a grossly inferior side.

3 times on trot now in the Champions League we have shit our selves in the games that matter at the knock out stage Monaco last season, Real Madrid before that when all we had to do was score a goal, and that shit show last night. I think we need a couple of leaders in the side. It’s alright having all this top talent. All the top European sides have a couple of leaders in them The Glue that keeps them from coming unstuck like we occasionally do.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby blues2win » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:07 pm

Isn’t Kompany supposed to be a leader?
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Plain Speaking » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:17 pm

blues2win wrote:Isn’t Kompany supposed to be a leader?

VK is quoted on the BBC as almost condoning the attack, very surprising:
"It was OK," the Belgian said. "I don't mind supporters doing that - I've had it a couple of times for my team and it's a nice feeling.

"I am fine with it as long as no-one gets hurt. It doesn't change anything [for the players]. As long as you keep the violence down, there's nothing wrong with it."
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:24 pm

Maybe moving the route was a good idea. If by building works they mean there would have been scaffolding etc for the Dickheads to climb, god knows what would have happened. All kinds of stuff would have been turfed over the bus and without doubt people would have been hurt.

Neanderthal wankers showing their true colours. Fuck em.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby zuricity » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:33 pm

Can I just add, I simply do not understand why the television company thinks it is ok to force the entire TV Audience to watch all or more of the Scouse rendition of YNWA live before the game. Will they do this for every other club ? Why are they wasting so much time before the game. They show the teams warming up and then that should be it until they get presented on the pitch. Why is the TV audience subjected to this garbage ? and usually only when it is a Critical game. They did not do it in the qualies. I will look at the bus attack later. It looks disgraceful, so i expect a ban.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Green & Blue » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:37 pm

Hope Liverpool fans are proud of themselves, what a great bunch they've shown themselves to be.

Just hope it doesn't rise some of our fans to do the same when Liverpool arrive. It's the kind of thing that could easily provoke a similar response or worse, hopefully we can show we are better than that.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Crossie » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:43 pm

I know we are no better than them if we go for revenge and fuck up their bus, but the police, the clubs and UEFA aren't going to do anything about Liverpool doing it are they, so why not?

Unfortunately I fear the hard core soul of our club departed many years ago, possibly when we moved stadiums, possibly more when we were taken over, possibly a bit more when we actually started winning things, then even more when we started to expect to win things.

The hard core wanker fans who we need for passion and soul, 18-24 year olds are priced out of games and their seats are sat in by Chinese tourists buying half and half flags.

I've been at the stadium and seen goals celebrated with claps, barely and roars, maybe a few cheers and huzzah's. We expect to win every game 4 or 5-0.

We have become quite a pathetic bunch of stadium fans week in week out generally. I know there are pockets of passion but they are too few and far between and still not loud enough.

Lets see if we actually have any fucking supporter balls left in us for Tuesday.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:27 pm

just received this email

We have received a number of complaints about the comment you made on article "Manchester City bus route explained: How Pep Guardiola and Co were left a sitting duck on approach to Anfield?" (/sport/football/article-5581595/Manchester-City-bus-route-explained-Pep-Guardiola-left-sitting-duck.html), at 05/04/2018

Due to the number of complaints received, your comment has been removed from MailOnline.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby john@staustell » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:44 pm

Funny, we can get to stadia safely in Moscow and the Ukraine, but.........................
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:59 pm

Merseyside Police match commander superintendent Paul White said two officers suffered cuts and swelling after one was struck by an object and another cut by glass during the incident.

He said the force would do "everything in our power" to find the people responsible as they review CCTV and officers' body-camera footage.

"We know many people were filming the events with camera phones and ask that anyone with any footage of the projectiles being thrown send it to a dedicated email address so that it can be reviewed: team.coach.incident@merseyside.police.uk" he said.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:05 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:just received this email

We have received a number of complaints about the comment you made on article "Manchester City bus route explained: How Pep Guardiola and Co were left a sitting duck on approach to Anfield?" (/sport/football/article-5581595/Manchester-City-bus-route-explained-Pep-Guardiola-left-sitting-duck.html), at 05/04/2018

Due to the number of complaints received, your comment has been removed from MailOnline.

There is no agenda.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:06 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:
blues2win wrote:Isn’t Kompany supposed to be a leader?

VK is quoted on the BBC as almost condoning the attack, very surprising:
"It was OK," the Belgian said. "I don't mind supporters doing that - I've had it a couple of times for my team and it's a nice feeling.

"I am fine with it as long as no-one gets hurt. It doesn't change anything [for the players]. As long as you keep the violence down, there's nothing wrong with it."

Some fucking captain. He was also shite last night.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby carolina-blue » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:08 pm

ESPN saying UEFA to open up investigation on Livershite .
Probably a 10bob fine for the European Royalty
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby City64 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:08 pm

Breaking ........ UEFA have opened investigation into the scouse scum attack on our team bus
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby City64 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:16 pm

No fucking about UEFA have charged LFC scum ........, Crowd disturbances , lighting and throwing flares , criminal damage etc etc thrown a whole load at the murdering bastards
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby harveytravis » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:17 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43651014

just posted on abc

How would your state of mind be after passing through a lynch mob?
harveytravis
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:30 pm

City64 wrote:No fucking about UEFA have charged LFC scum ........, Crowd disturbances , lighting and throwing flares , criminal damage etc etc thrown a whole load at the murdering bastards

No hearing until a week after the final though.
Not much use to us.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby City64 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:35 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
City64 wrote:No fucking about UEFA have charged LFC scum ........, Crowd disturbances , lighting and throwing flares , criminal damage etc etc thrown a whole load at the murdering bastards

No hearing until a week after the final though.
Not much use to us.

True but kangaroo court taking place in Manchester next Tuesday also .........
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:48 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:just received this email

There is no agenda.

posting that city were lucky as liverpool fans have a history of killing people at football matches may have had something to do with it...
i was of course referring to heysel but clearly the fucking victims put 2 and 2 together and got 5
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby nottsblue » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:06 pm

Hopefully they will have to play their next home game behind closed doors. See how that atmosphere works then
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum