***Official Match Thread | City v United | Sat 7 Apr 18***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

***Official Match Thread | City v United | Sat 7 Apr 18***

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:27 am

I think it deserves its own thread, especially with what the occasion can bring. Time to forget about the midweek game and concentrate on the game in-hand.

I was of the opinion that we play a weakened side to save us for the return leg but now my opinion has changed. Beating the Rags to win the title is probably a one off that we may never see again. Just the thought of winning the title this way gets the old butterflies going and if you'd asked me a few years ago which would be more important, this game or the CL, then there wouldn't have even been a thought for the latter in my mind.

So, we could make another historical record, by beating our fiercest rivals, what's not to like about that.
Last edited by Beefymcfc on Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: Pre-Match Thread | City v United | Sat 7 Apr 18

Postby nottsblue » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:49 am

Winning this game is our priority now. History can be made which is unlikely to be repeated. Plus it will go a long way to erasing the memory of the previos match and give renewed optimism for the next

3-0 City
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:42 am

Team selection will be interesting. The league is far more important to me than a quarter final. Its hard to believe derby games were scheduled in this way. I do think Pep will leave the big guns out tho. Sergio is still not training so I'm not sure he will be back soon. Pep may go
Ederson
Danilo Stones Laporte Zinc
Delph
Sterling Foden Gundo Bernard
Jesud
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:51 am

South Stand Balti wrote:Team selection will be interesting. The league is far more important to me than a quarter final. Its hard to believe derby games were scheduled in this way. I do think Pep will leave the big guns out tho. Sergio is still not training so I'm not sure he will be back soon. Pep may go
Ederson
Danilo Stones Laporte Zinc
Delph
Sterling Foden Gundo Bernard
Jesud

I would be shocked if he went that weak. Kompany will probably sit this out with Laporte or Stones taking his place and Sterling will come in for Gundo but aside from that I'd say it will be pretty much as you were.

Pep will be aware how important winning this fixture is after what happened on Wednesday night, we now need the confidence boost of a win here to take into Tuesday night.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:56 am

Sergio will be a big miss in the Tuesday game if not playing.

As for Saturday, I’ve no idea what to expect. I just hope they have their heads clear after last Wednesday.

Another defeat could really place doubts in the team.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby sheblue » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:27 am

Lets be honest a really shit time for this game. The bitter taste of Wednesday lingers long.
Expect a few changes but still a strong side. It has to be a strong side. The last thing needed ahead of Tuesday is a loss.
I would bet on a draw.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:05 am

I want the strongest 11 we can put out, lets win the league, lift the fans and the players and take that feeling into Tuesdays game and rip the dippers a new one. No prisoners tomorrow, every player needs to be out there, no-one needs to be rested as after Tuesday there may be nothing to play for.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby aaron bond » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:36 am

Full strength team, nothing less.

Winning the league is the number 1 priority at the beginning of the season. It is the most important and the hardest to win. Let’s not forget that.

Plus, we have the opportunity to beat United to do it. This is a once in a lifetime occurrence. We must take full advantage.

I’m guessing Kompany might be a risk as he’s already played 2 games this week. If his legs can’t manage it then I’d play Laporte at the back with Otamendi.

Delph should start at left back now he’s fit.

Sterling must start. If Aguero is fit he should start too.
aaron bond

Supporter of: City

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:57 pm

Presser done and Pep, as usual, has revealed nothing. Our Spanish journalist will no doubt update us this evening.
South Stand Balti

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:12 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:Presser done and Pep, as usual, has revealed nothing. Our Spanish journalist will no doubt update us this evening.

Any questions about the coach incident or were they just about how good the Dippers were?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:45 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:Presser done and Pep, as usual, has revealed nothing. Our Spanish journalist will no doubt update us this evening.

Any questions about the coach incident or were they just about how good the Dippers were?

None that have been reported........ as yet. According to Cheesy the embargoed part of the presser was very interesting and there should be some headlines. No hint as to what it relates to but it could be coach related.
South Stand Balti

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:46 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

None that have been reported........ as yet. According to Cheesy the embargoed part of the presser was very interesting and there should be some headlines. No hint as to what it relates to but it could be coach related.

That's a bugger, thatart can't be released until late tomorrow.

Cheers bud.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PrezIke » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:48 pm

Wonderwall wrote:I want the strongest 11 we can put out, lets win the league, lift the fans and the players and take that feeling into Tuesdays game and rip the dippers a new one. No prisoners tomorrow, every player needs to be out there, no-one needs to be rested as after Tuesday there may be nothing to play for.

This!
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:51 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Cheers bud.

embargo is lifted at 1030 tonight
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:37 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Cheers bud.

embargo is lifted at 1030 tonight

Think somebody has just jumped the gun ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:45 pm

PrezIke wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:I want the strongest 11 we can put out, lets win the league, lift the fans and the players and take that feeling into Tuesdays game and rip the dippers a new one. No prisoners tomorrow, every player needs to be out there, no-one needs to be rested as after Tuesday there may be nothing to play for.

This!

I totally agree but Pep won't in my opinion. No Merlin tomorrow, of that I'm sure.
South Stand Balti

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:47 pm

Boom.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:01 pm

Come on you Blue Bastards!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:29 pm

Sky, The Debate, I'm enjoying this.

I'm sure Steve McMahon was one of my heroes many years ago. I may have been pissed though ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:32 pm

I’m absolutely devastated I can’t be there tomorrow. Fuckin dreamt about this since being a kid and I have to watch it on TV. Gutted.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum