Lawro & DC Derby Day predictions v Rags (H)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lawro & DC Derby Day predictions v Rags (H)

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:54 am

Lawro and Merson are not going for goals this week and Lawro has turned into a fence sitter.

Lawro is taking on Russell Howard this week, of course, why? Because Howard is another Dipper, its their week dontcha know!

Lawro says:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43633254

For various reasons, City did not produce the kind of performance at Anfield on Wednesday that we have got used to seeing from them this season, when they have been conquering all-comers.

As I've said in my analysis after that Champions League game, Pep Guardiola got some things wrong. Raheem Sterling has been brilliant all season so why would you leave him out of such a big game? I don't get it, and sometimes I think managers can try to be a bit too clever.

I don't see this game going to plan for Guardiola either. I am expecting United to be very awkward, and they are capable of nicking a goal as well as being rigid and hard to break down at the back.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1

Russell's prediction: With a little luck, this will be the way City win the league and the world will rejoice. Plus, of course, it would help Liverpool to get top four. 5-0

OK Russell, you're back in my good books!

Merson says

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... bahrain-gp

I expect Man City to win. If you could say to Man United a 0-0 draw, I think they'd chop your arm off. I think United will turn up and play for a 0-0, but I just don't see City not breaking them down before 90 minutes is up. United won't play the way Liverpool play, they haven't got the legs to do that all around the pitch.

City's confidence will be shot. They will have lost a lot of confidence from that Liverpool loss - no shot on target in 90 minutes, the way they've been playing.

The only team that can upset City are Liverpool, because they're the only side that plays that way against City. I think other teams are scared, they go into games against City and show too much respect, but Liverpool's success starts from the front three - they've got pace and close down properly.

PAUL PREDICTS: 1-0 (7-1 with Sky Bet)
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Lawro & DC Derby Day predictions v Rags (H)

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:23 am

Hmm, they sure talk about the dippers a lot for a Manchester Derby. Stuff em, lets go with Russell.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:59 pm

Degenerate Crackhead wrote:City's confidence will be shot. They will have lost a lot of confidence from that Liverpool loss - no shot on target in 90 minutes, the way they've been playing.

Until they look at the Premier League table and see they are 16 points clear at the top. And have dropped two league points at home all season. And are the top scorers. And have the best defence in the division.

Put the straw back in the kitchen, merson.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby nottsblue » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:12 pm

Love to smash them but will happily take any old win. 1-0 will do just fine
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Sparklehorse » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:50 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Degenerate Crackhead wrote:City's confidence will be shot. They will have lost a lot of confidence from that Liverpool loss - no shot on target in 90 minutes, the way they've been playing.

Until they look at the Premier League table and see they are 16 points clear at the top. And have dropped two league points at home all season. And are the top scorers. And have the best defence in the division.

Put the straw back in the kitchen, merson.

.....and we scored a perfectly good goal, one which for reasons beyond me other than cheating, the officials decided not to allow !!!
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Return to The Maine Football forum