Atkinson

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Atkinson

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:44 pm

Still fucking fuming at this. It was so blatantly obvious. The way he waved it away was so angry, as if to say 'I've seen it but no way can I give it to you cunts; I've had my orders'.

At least it settles all those arguments of whether we're paranoid or not.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:47 pm

BookJunior wrote:Am I right in thinking clubs can ask for officials not to be appointed for their matches?

I dunno mate. But where would you start?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:20 pm

Clearly corrupt reffing yesterday. We can't waste so many chances and not expect the ref to help out the opposition.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby zuricity » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:54 pm

The thing is , i really don't think the refs have improved their stance with City.

It just happens that you really can't penalise good play and great goals . Some of the football we have played, has been brilliant. It just masks over the bad reffing. It happens most games.

Sure we should have put the game away yesterday. However, you still have to shake your head sometimes and wonder how some of the decisions are made. Razza on the right apparently fouled Young in the first half , even Young wâs amazed he got the free kick.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Justified logic » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:05 pm

zuricity wrote:The thing is , i really don't think the refs have improved their stance with City.

It just happens that you really can't penalise good play and great goals . Some of the football we have played, has been brilliant. It just masks over the bad reffing. It happens most games.

Sure we should have put the game away yesterday. However, you still have to shake your head sometimes and wonder how some of the decisions are made. Razza on the right apparently fouled Young in the first half , even Young wâs amazed he got the free kick.

he had his arms out and may have brushed against Young but no way was it a foul. Previously, Young had WRESTLED Sterling to the ground, but no foul given. Both were in attacking positions and the free kicks could have/did produce a ball into the box.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Justified logic » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:05 pm

BookJunior wrote:Am I right in thinking clubs can ask for officials not to be appointed for their matches?

Only if they play in red.
Justified logic

Postby Mase » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:11 pm

Manchester City legend Mario Balotelli was furious with the decision not to award Sergio Aguero a penalty during the derby defeat to Manchester United.

Balotelli was also enraged by the decision and took to his Instagram account to voice his frustration.

"How the hell is not penalty this?", Balotelli wrote alongside a screen grab of Young's challenge on Aguero.

"No seriously what the hell is going on?“
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:21 pm

Fucking cheating corrupt bastards!!!

Just that one instance, never mind the rest, would've been a penalty and a sending off, leaving us enough time to run them into the ground.

And we all know why. Because Sky and the PL had a word with that shithouse Riley.

Bellamy sad it all after the game when he just smiled and shook his head. Nobody wants to say it as it's their funding stream that they're putting in jeopardy, but the nods and wry smiles say it all.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:10 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:

In France I read that this is a thing. I can confirm that here also it happens.

For me this option should had been a worldwide option.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby carolina-blue » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:34 pm

Mase wrote:Manchester City legend Mario Balotelli was furious with the decision not to award Sergio Aguero a penalty during the derby defeat to Manchester United.

Balotelli was also enraged by the decision and took to his Instagram account to voice his frustration.

"How the hell is not penalty this?", Balotelli wrote alongside a screen grab of Young's challenge on Aguero.

"No seriously what the hell is going on?“

Sign him up Fooking luv the guy .
carolina-blue

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:36 am

PeterParker wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

We’d be getting refs from under-10s leagues. They’d still be better, mind.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby City64 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:01 am

Fucking beyond corrupt that cunt and the the linesman all under fucking unders absolute fucking bent . Yet another big money sky production pulling the strings the English game is bent as fuck but we all knew that anyway . Qatar and Russia getting world cups , FIFA , UEFA , the FA all bent as fuck and all told what to do and take back handers off the huge corporate TV companies , Sponsors etc etc etc . I am absolutely fucking sick of football .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby blues2win » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:05 pm

Dermot Gallagher was very clear it was a penalty. He said Atkinson made a bad mistake in waving away any chance of consulting his linesman.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby PeterParker » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:11 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

We’d be getting refs from under-10s leagues. They’d still be better, mind.

I think refs are a key part of the corrupted system and excluding them will be viewed as a cataclysm.
In order for VAR to work, I would agree that there will be a comitee of 3 experts that will intervine when the ref will fuck up. If the current refs have total control over the moment when VAR will be used, then nothing will change.

We saw one of the most fucked up decisions at Cardiff when they disallowed Bernies screamer and the bent refs refused to use VAR.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby gillie » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:52 pm

blues2win wrote:Dermot Gallagher was very clear it was a penalty. He said Atkinson made a bad mistake in waving away any chance of consulting his linesman.

But there is no way him saying Atkinson messing up changes the result so in fact he really has no voice.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:17 pm

gillie wrote:
blues2win wrote:Dermot Gallagher was very clear it was a penalty. He said Atkinson made a bad mistake in waving away any chance of consulting his linesman.

But there is no way him saying Atkinson messing up changes the result so in fact he really has no voice.

The only person to come out and say it was not a red. Can somebody remind me who is paymaster is?

And there's your answer.

Sky have their fingers in all the pies and with their coverage of the first game against the Dippers, which was unprecedented now they no longer have the rights, I'd go as far to say that they had inside knowledge of how it would pan out, noting the Raheem 'No penalty' when it was almost as blatant as Young on Sergio.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby branny » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:36 pm

Both Keith Hackett and Graham Poll have said Atkinson got it wrong too.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:05 am

Atkinson is not demoted this week, he has been selected to ref the Burnley v Leicester game at the weekend. Obviously with a pat on the back for a job well done.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby mr_nool » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:10 am

Wonderwall wrote:Atkinson is not demoted this week, he has been selected to ref the Burnley v Leicester game at the weekend. Obviously with a pat on the back for a job well done.

And likely a bulging wallet.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:10 pm

Any news on a retrospective red for young's lunge at Sergio?

The delights of jon moss at weekend. So more of the same then.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum