raheem sterling

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: raheem sterling

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:35 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Raz and his agent have deliberately fuelled this Real Madrid speculation to improve their contract bargaining position - in the tedious European fashion. Sign now or be sold in January should be the club's response. Disruptive and disloyal behaviour.

Respect you mate but how are you so sure what is going on behind the scenes; has Sterling told the club he no longer wants to play for us unless he gets the best wage?

All's I've seen is speculation, followed by supposed ITKs fueling a story originally written for the Star/Mirror. Is that what we go off now?

After a fairly glorious season for Sterling he is trying to get the best contract for himself, just like all the other players. Is that not what they do?

If we can't meet on our variables the club will not give in and if we can, then it's all amicable. If he goes, he goes, as they say but by what you are saying you are creating a frenzy just as bad as those the media have been doing.

Unless there is something I've missed mate the two parties are negotiating and with 2 years left on his contract there's plenty of time get it sorted or for him to move on.

I don't see the issue, unless you want to see one.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
User avatar
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 34819
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 am
Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: raheem sterling

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:40 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Raz and his agent have deliberately fuelled this Real Madrid speculation to improve their contract bargaining position - in the tedious European fashion. Sign now or be sold in January should be the club's response. Disruptive and disloyal behaviour.

Respect you mate but how are you so sure what is going on behind the scenes; has Sterling told the club he no longer wants to play for us unless he gets the best wage?

All's I've seen is speculation, followed by supposed ITKs fueling a story originally written for the Star/Mirror. Is that what we go off now?

After a fairly glorious season for Sterling he is trying to get the best contract for himself, just like all the other players. Is that not what they do?

If we can't meet on our variables the club will not give in and if we can, then it's all amicable. If he goes, he goes, as they say but by what you are saying you are creating a frenzy just as bad as those the media have been doing.

Unless there is something I've missed mate the two parties are negotiating and with 2 years left on his contract there's plenty of time get it sorted or for him to move on.

I don't see the issue, unless you want to see one.


far too many on here fall into the latter camp
SOLID POSTER
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck
 
Posts: 12777
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: here, there, every fucking where
Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: mike mason liam lingo

Re: raheem sterling

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:41 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Raz and his agent have deliberately fuelled this Real Madrid speculation to improve their contract bargaining position - in the tedious European fashion. Sign now or be sold in January should be the club's response. Disruptive and disloyal behaviour.

Respect you mate but how are you so sure what is going on behind the scenes; has Sterling told the club he no longer wants to play for us unless he gets the best wage?

All's I've seen is speculation, followed by supposed ITKs fueling a story originally written for the Star/Mirror. Is that what we go off now?

After a fairly glorious season for Sterling he is trying to get the best contract for himself, just like all the other players. Is that not what they do?

If we can't meet on our variables the club will not give in and if we can, then it's all amicable. If he goes, he goes, as they say but by what you are saying you are creating a frenzy just as bad as those the media have been doing.

Unless there is something I've missed mate the two parties are negotiating and with 2 years left on his contract there's plenty of time get it sorted or for him to move on.

I don't see the issue, unless you want to see one.

Sincerely hope you're right Beefy - that this is no different from the protracted and tough negotiations all the players benefit from.
The length of this dispute is ominous though - as is Ward briefing his mates in the media. Fact is he and Raza have got form. The 2 years left on his contract is meaningless - the threat is he'll run down his contract and the club will lose significant revenue as a result.
A player doing that poisons the dressing room and sets a bad precedent. We'll see soon enough if there is a real issue here or not.
Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5610
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: raheem sterling

Postby Original Dub » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:54 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Raz and his agent have deliberately fuelled this Real Madrid speculation to improve their contract bargaining position - in the tedious European fashion. Sign now or be sold in January should be the club's response. Disruptive and disloyal behaviour.

Respect you mate but how are you so sure what is going on behind the scenes; has Sterling told the club he no longer wants to play for us unless he gets the best wage?

All's I've seen is speculation, followed by supposed ITKs fueling a story originally written for the Star/Mirror. Is that what we go off now?

After a fairly glorious season for Sterling he is trying to get the best contract for himself, just like all the other players. Is that not what they do?

If we can't meet on our variables the club will not give in and if we can, then it's all amicable. If he goes, he goes, as they say but by what you are saying you are creating a frenzy just as bad as those the media have been doing.

Unless there is something I've missed mate the two parties are negotiating and with 2 years left on his contract there's plenty of time get it sorted or for him to move on.

I don't see the issue, unless you want to see one.


far too many on here fall into the latter camp


Indeed.

Where's that goal scoring thread?

:lol:
Something could get pretty rotten in the state of Swampland. . . it could just turn out even better than a particularly gory episode of "I, Claudius".
The only thing more entertaining will be our football..
User avatar
Original Dub
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17222
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:41 pm
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: Breasts
My favourite player is: Aguero

Re: raheem sterling

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:23 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Raz and his agent have deliberately fuelled this Real Madrid speculation to improve their contract bargaining position - in the tedious European fashion. Sign now or be sold in January should be the club's response. Disruptive and disloyal behaviour.

Respect you mate but how are you so sure what is going on behind the scenes; has Sterling told the club he no longer wants to play for us unless he gets the best wage?

All's I've seen is speculation, followed by supposed ITKs fueling a story originally written for the Star/Mirror. Is that what we go off now?

After a fairly glorious season for Sterling he is trying to get the best contract for himself, just like all the other players. Is that not what they do?

If we can't meet on our variables the club will not give in and if we can, then it's all amicable. If he goes, he goes, as they say but by what you are saying you are creating a frenzy just as bad as those the media have been doing.

Unless there is something I've missed mate the two parties are negotiating and with 2 years left on his contract there's plenty of time get it sorted or for him to move on.

I don't see the issue, unless you want to see one.


far too many on here fall into the latter camp


Indeed.

Where's that goal scoring thread?

:lol:


Is Pep included in the speculators view point as he let the cat out of the bag that Rash is the one who is not talking to the club ?
Hazy2
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6328
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:34 am
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: raheem sterling

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:34 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Is Pep included in the speculators view point as he let the cat out of the bag that Rash is the one who is not talking to the club ?


Something you want to tell us Hazy?
Mase
Allison's Big Fat Cigar
 
Posts: 18225
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: raheem sterling

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:53 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Raz and his agent have deliberately fuelled this Real Madrid speculation to improve their contract bargaining position - in the tedious European fashion. Sign now or be sold in January should be the club's response. Disruptive and disloyal behaviour.

Respect you mate but how are you so sure what is going on behind the scenes; has Sterling told the club he no longer wants to play for us unless he gets the best wage?

All's I've seen is speculation, followed by supposed ITKs fueling a story originally written for the Star/Mirror. Is that what we go off now?

After a fairly glorious season for Sterling he is trying to get the best contract for himself, just like all the other players. Is that not what they do?

If we can't meet on our variables the club will not give in and if we can, then it's all amicable. If he goes, he goes, as they say but by what you are saying you are creating a frenzy just as bad as those the media have been doing.

Unless there is something I've missed mate the two parties are negotiating and with 2 years left on his contract there's plenty of time get it sorted or for him to move on.

I don't see the issue, unless you want to see one.


far too many on here fall into the latter camp


Indeed.

Where's that goal scoring thread?

:lol:


Is Pep included in the speculators view point as he let the cat out of the bag that Rash is the one who is not talking to the club ?


Missed this, Pep did what now? Sterling not talking to the club?
Foreverinbluedreams
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7453
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:34 pm
Supporter of: Euthanasia

Re: raheem sterling

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:34 am

garth crookes on raheem this weekend:

Raheem Sterling: What I love about Pep Guardiola is he makes players who work for him better, in a way Jose Mourinho finds extremely difficult, especially at Manchester United.

Guardiola is a coach in the real sense of the word, and the player who has benefitted most since Guardiola's arrival at Manchester City has been Raheem Sterling. The England international couldn't hit a barn door 18 months ago but has clearly worked extremely hard on the training pitch, improved his striking technique and acquired greater composure especially in front of goal.

So much has been said about giving home-grown players a chance in the Premier League. Well, we might produce better English players if we had better English coaches.
SOLID POSTER
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck
 
Posts: 12777
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: here, there, every fucking where
Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: mike mason liam lingo

Re: raheem sterling

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:23 pm

Ffs this better be a Ryan giggs type withdrawal due to injury:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... ck-problem
Something could get pretty rotten in the state of Swampland. . . it could just turn out even better than a particularly gory episode of "I, Claudius".
The only thing more entertaining will be our football..
User avatar
Original Dub
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17222
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:41 pm
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: Breasts
My favourite player is: Aguero

Re: raheem sterling

Postby nottsblue » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:56 pm

Original Dub wrote:Ffs this better be a Ryan giggs type withdrawal due to injury:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... ck-problem

Lets hope this becomes a regular occurrence for all our players in these dogshit friendlies
nottsblue
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure
 
Posts: 14463
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: raheem sterling

Postby zuricity » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:59 pm

Apparently Rashford has got a bad side !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10481
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:54 pm
Location: Zuerich,ch

Re: raheem sterling

Postby JamieMCFC » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:23 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Ffs this better be a Ryan giggs type withdrawal due to injury:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... ck-problem

Lets hope this becomes a regular occurrence for all our players in these dogshit friendlies


These aren’t friendlies these matches are part of the UEFA Nations League. They are considered competive matches by both FIFA and UEFA, and will be used to determine seeding for the Euros. Whether or not the matches are important is a different debate.
JamieMCFC
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1719
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:40 pm
Supporter of: MCFC

Re: raheem sterling

Postby nottsblue » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:38 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Ffs this better be a Ryan giggs type withdrawal due to injury:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... ck-problem

Lets hope this becomes a regular occurrence for all our players in these dogshit friendlies


These aren’t friendlies these matches are part of the UEFA Nations League. They are considered competive matches by both FIFA and UEFA, and will be used to determine seeding for the Euros. Whether or not the matches are important is a different debate.

If it’s not a World Cup or European Championship match, it’s a dogshit friendly IMO. Just another example of UEFA fucking about with things to make a few extra quid
nottsblue
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure
 
Posts: 14463
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 41 guests