raheem sterling

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: raheem sterling

Postby Dameerto » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:25 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
edge275 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
aaron bond wrote:I’m sure it’ll be sorted after the World Cup. If it’s not, he still has 2 years left on his deal so he’s not leaving any time soon.

A deal hasn’t been reached before the World Cup so obviously talks will be pushed back a month. That’s logical. It’s just the media putting a Sterling story as the headline because it’ll get plenty of hits online.

Sterling has already said that he will conduct this business after the WC, just the same as Jesus stated, to allow them to concentrate on the game in front of them.

But once again, the British media need their clicks and put unwanted attention on players. The media don't want an England win, or them to do well, they want to keep the country miserable and clicking their negative hate filled bile.

Who’s your ‘cunt mate’?

We didn't get to find out, I think it was a case of mistaken identity ;-)

To be honest there's not much you could mistake a cunt for.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:58 pm

Just watching the BBC video retrospective of last night - close ups of many smiling English players - no clips of Raheem to be seen.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Socrates » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:38 am

Getting a bit worried of the negative effects on next season of this tournament. Players tired and/or maybe having confidence hit, Leroy left behind, Gundogan being booed, Fern not first choice, Delph sat on bench, Jesus and Raheem in danger of being dropped and with the press out for them, Walker's shakiness in an unfamiliar position... Hope my fears are misplaced but just a bit wary.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby mr_nool » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:43 am

Socrates wrote:Getting a bit worried of the negative effects on next season of this tournament. Players tired and/or maybe having confidence hit, Leroy left behind, Gundogan being booed, Fern not first choice, Delph sat on bench, Jesus and Raheem in danger of being dropped and with the press out for them, Walker's shakiness in an unfamiliar position... Hope my fears are misplaced but just a bit wary.

It could work out that way, but it could also go the other way, i.e. that they come back intent on showing the world that they ARE good players despite a disappointing WC and that last season wasn't a fluke.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby PrezIke » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:12 pm

The overreaction to his performance isn’t exactly surprising.

The missed chance early on actually looked like he didn’t expect the ball to get through the defence and was playing for a deflection.

Meanwhile he caused havoc and created or was involved in creating chances, including Kane’s 1st goal.

Lingard’s miss was worse to me as he had no excuse for sending it wide at this level and getting a clean look in an excellent position.

Oddly enough most journalists gave Raz at least a decent rating. On ESPNFC he was given a 7 out of 10.
Last edited by PrezIke on Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby sheblue » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:37 pm

The world cup will definately have a negative impact on our season. Not only do we have a lot of players at it but we have a lot of players who will get a lot of grief over it. And that not just only our england players.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:41 pm

Socrates wrote:Getting a bit worried of the negative effects on next season of this tournament. Players tired and/or maybe having confidence hit, Leroy left behind, Gundogan being booed, Fern not first choice, Delph sat on bench, Jesus and Raheem in danger of being dropped and with the press out for them, Walker's shakiness in an unfamiliar position... Hope my fears are misplaced but just a bit wary.

Guardiola will make sure they're properly valued when they return.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby patrickblue » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:46 pm

PrezIke wrote:The overreaction to his performance isn’t exactly surprising.

The missed chance early on actually looked like he didn’t expect the ball to get through the defence and was playing for a deflection.

Meanwhile he caused havoc and created or was involved in creating chances, including Kane’s 1st goal.

Lingard’s miss was worse to me as he had no excuse for sending it wide at this level and getting a clean look in an excellent position.

Oddly enough most journalists gave Raz at least a decent rating. On ESPNFC he was given a 7 out of 10.

He actually had a pretty good game, as all the media hacks without an agenda recognized. However, he didn't do himself any favours with that early miss, which TBH was embarrassing, and gave the haters an excuse to keep hating.
He's always going to get shit from certain sections of the media because he left their darling Liverpool for the the upstarts with no 'isrtee, and they're always going to jump on the slightest thing.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:59 pm

dropped according to the mindless Mirrormen
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby nottsblue » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:39 pm

To be truthfull i hope he doesnt play. He cant win. Play well and its the team thats performed. If England dont play well he will be the scapegoat.
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:53 pm

I'd like to see the difference if Raheem came on after 60 to attack the tired legs. I'd also like to see him playing in he preferred position rather than further forward than fucking Kane.

Round pegs, Square holes is my one criticism of Southgate.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby nottsblue » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:02 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I'd like to see the difference if Raheem came on after 60 to attack the tired legs. I'd also like to see him playing in he preferred position rather than further forward than fucking Kane.

I also think he is too negative. Nine defenders is it in the squad? Plus Delph and Dier who can fill in the full back slots if necessary. Against Tunisia who showed no attacking intent at all in the second half he brings off a forward. Why not bring a defender off?
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:04 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I'd like to see the difference if Raheem came on after 60 to attack the tired legs. I'd also like to see him playing in he preferred position rather than further forward than fucking Kane.

Too fuckin right beefy, and shearer giving it large just now "he must do better" no mention of being played out of position that has bagged how many for us?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:15 pm

nottsblue wrote:

I also think he is too negative. Nine defenders is it in the squad? Plus Delph and Dier who can fill in the full back slots if necessary. Against Tunisia who showed no attacking intent at all in the second half he brings off a forward. Why not bring a defender off?

Very true. However, my biggest bugbear is how we always start really well but straight after the half we turn into a sack of shit. What is it, his team talk or the sausage and mash that they field them at halftime?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:22 pm

CTID Hants wrote:

Too fuckin right beefy, and shearer giving it large just now "he must do better" no mention of being played out of position that has bagged how many for us?

I seen that and thought 'Improve on what, he's been instrumental into getting us here and, he's not a fucking striker ..... you bellend!'.

Good to see Fabregas say the exact opposite, pointing out the difference in class between Sterling and Rashford. Personally, and without Blue tints, it's obvious who is the better option but it's the Rag/Dipper lovers in the media who have set the narrative. I only want the best for the England team and if it was Rashford then I'd say but that isn't the case. I'd go as far to say that if Southgate decided on he media line and plays Rashford then we will not get as far as we should do. With Raheem we'll have a chance against any of these.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:41 am

johnny crossan wrote:dropped according to the mindless Mirrormen

This just goes to show how our media work. Rather than try and give our guys the best opportunity of winning a game, just to get clicks they would leak the team selection, and possible tactics, to our opponents.

#Traitors

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Crossie » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:48 am

I hope England do start with Rashford so he can show everyone how ineffective he is when he starts games. Then Raheem can come back in fresh for the Belgium game and score the winner
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Original Dub » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:25 am

If Partridge would play him in his proper position, he'd be fine.

This is all to accommodate Trippier
Original Dub

Postby Cocacolajojo » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:35 am

Original Dub wrote:If Partridge would play him in his proper position, he'd be fine.

This is all to accommodate Trippier

We have two of the most lethal wingers in the world. One didn't get picked ( and thank God for that if you support Sweden). The other is about to get dropped after being played out of position. Wtf?
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby Outcast » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:39 am

Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva