raheem sterling

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: raheem sterling

Postby freshie » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:02 pm

phips wrote:
Mase wrote:I don't agree with just throwing money at players, but if he wants the same as KDB is he wrong to want that?
How many points did Raza win us last season? How many did KDB?

its not wrong for athletes to want to be paid as much as possible but at the same time he's delusional if he thinks he warrants being paid as much as our highest earners. he's not on that level. if we sell him next summer i wouldnt mind. he appears indifferent to working on his finishing (i know he had a career season last yr with regard to goals but he still missed an outrageous number of sitters and quality chances) and personally i wouldnt mind if Bernardo and Sane were our wing options moving forward. now, im not saying that we should definitely get rid but if the club decides to sell or let him walk then i wont be too bothered except for how we're going to fill that homegrown slot in the squad.

Except it has been well documented that Arteta was working on his finishing with him last season but why let facts get in the way eh?
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby freshie » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:04 pm

Mase wrote:
zuricity wrote:^^^^

It must be almost instinctive, drummed into the players to shoot for just inside of the posts and not at the goalkeeper !

When he's got too much time he panics with finishing. Almost doubting himself before he's taken the shot. Similar to Dzeko. When he's bombing in and shooting instinctively there's no issues.

It’s all in his head. He just lacks composure at crucial times. However, he gets into the goalscoring positions that no other player in the squad is capable of getting into
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby City64 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:40 pm

Why does this plastic fucking never been to a premier league game or England or Manchester fucking crank Phips get so much attention on here ? Site must be on its arse , just sayin CTID
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:04 pm

Simple. If he's motivated enough to play in Pep's system, and he suits Pep's system, then sign him up. He's proved his worth and now let the money men haggle it out for the final few grand.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby sheblue » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:37 pm

Assuming the top earners are, Kevin, Sergio, Dave. Does Sterling desrerve to be on a par with those?
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:55 pm

sheblue wrote:Assuming the top earners are, Kevin, Sergio, Dave. Does Sterling deserve to be on a par with those?

Sergio has been bangin in goals for donkeys years for us and Dave has been arguably the best midfielder in England for Donkeys years.KDB is world class and there is no argument to say otherwise - All those players deserve to be on the best salary scale available.

Sterling had ONE very good year for us...so no , he doesn't deserve to be on the same wage scale yet...no fuckign way.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby dazby » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:45 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
sheblue wrote:Assuming the top earners are, Kevin, Sergio, Dave. Does Sterling deserve to be on a par with those?

Sergio has been bangin in goals for donkeys years for us and Dave has been arguably the best midfielder in England for Donkeys years.KDB is world class and there is no argument to say otherwise - All those players deserve to be on the best salary scale available.

Sterling had ONE very good year for us...so no , he doesn't deserve to be on the same wage scale yet...no fuckign way.

One of the few occasions where the talking coconut makes sense.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Slim » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:51 pm

dazby wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Was that necessary? Did it make you feel like a big man? Grow up.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby dazby » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:56 am

Slim wrote:
dazby wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

It's Carl, so yeah.
It made me feel like a teenager again. Loved it.
I'm already grown up enough thanks.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Mase » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:16 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

KDB has had one top season mate.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:29 am

Mase wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Not sure about that mate, he was outstanding in Peps 1st season and German player of the year for Wolfsburg prior to that !!! his W.C qualifying I assume were the same standard, but did not see a lot, W.C he was great again. Sterling is a work in process and has lots to work with, at times looks like a novice when missing open goals 1v1. The place we want to be you cannot miss sitters at the rate he does.
I love the guy, but have a feeling like the players that go to China, he might be a money 1st type. I hope I am 100% wrong. Aidy Ward is his agent so I will not hold my breath....
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Slim » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:27 am

dazby wrote:
Slim wrote:
dazby wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

It's Carl, so yeah.
It made me feel like a teenager again. Loved it.
I'm already grown up enough thanks.

Your posts beg to differ.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:03 am

Mase wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Come on mate.

No one is buying that. He is the best midfielder in world football.

Sterling is miles off his level.

He has a good chance to become a great player. But it will take the best coach in world football, so let's hope he doesn't fuck it up for money.

Because I'll tell you this, if he moves, his career will nose dive
Original Dub

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:34 am

This is all based on an article written by a known mune in the printed excrement that is the daily mirror. You lot want your bumps feeling for falling for it.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:48 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:This is all based on an article written by a known mune in the printed excrement that is the daily mirror. You lot want your bumps feeling for falling for it.

Check out Peps OS interview mate.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:49 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:This is all based on an article written by a known mune in the printed excrement that is the daily mirror. You lot want your bumps feeling for falling for it.

Check out Peps OS interview mate.
Raheem and 50 mill for Hazard
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby john@staustell » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:55 am

Critical time for young Razza.

To be careful he has.

“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby sheblue » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:13 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Mase wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Come on mate.

No one is buying that. He is the best midfielder in world football.

Sterling is miles off his level.

He has a good chance to become a great player. But it will take the best coach in world football, so let's hope he doesn't fuck it up for money.

Because I'll tell you this, if he moves, his career will nose dive

He would be mad to leave.
I thought it wasnt all about money, we will see.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:24 pm

Mullock's a Blue mate.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:38 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Mullock's a Blue mate.

Really? I could have sworn he was a mune. I'll happily stand corrected though if anyone can provide any evidence of this.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum