raheem sterling

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: raheem sterling

Postby sheblue » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:16 pm

Mase wrote:
sheblue wrote:You would imagine he would be chomping at the bit to sign a new contract.
Sure it's not about money after all.

Could you blame the lad if he just went abroad and forgot about England? He's taken an enormous amount of abuse over the last 5 years.

That could be argued. But him going abroad probably wouldn't be the end of it.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:26 pm

sheblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
sheblue wrote:You would imagine he would be chomping at the bit to sign a new contract.
Sure it's not about money after all.

Could you blame the lad if he just went abroad and forgot about England? He's taken an enormous amount of abuse over the last 5 years.

That could be argued. But him going abroad probably wouldn't be the end of it.

At least the Spanish would be open with their racisim though.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:35 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Raz and his agent have deliberately fuelled this Real Madrid speculation to improve their contract bargaining position - in the tedious European fashion. Sign now or be sold in January should be the club's response. Disruptive and disloyal behaviour.

Respect you mate but how are you so sure what is going on behind the scenes; has Sterling told the club he no longer wants to play for us unless he gets the best wage?

All's I've seen is speculation, followed by supposed ITKs fueling a story originally written for the Star/Mirror. Is that what we go off now?

After a fairly glorious season for Sterling he is trying to get the best contract for himself, just like all the other players. Is that not what they do?

If we can't meet on our variables the club will not give in and if we can, then it's all amicable. If he goes, he goes, as they say but by what you are saying you are creating a frenzy just as bad as those the media have been doing.

Unless there is something I've missed mate the two parties are negotiating and with 2 years left on his contract there's plenty of time get it sorted or for him to move on.

I don't see the issue, unless you want to see one.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:40 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Raz and his agent have deliberately fuelled this Real Madrid speculation to improve their contract bargaining position - in the tedious European fashion. Sign now or be sold in January should be the club's response. Disruptive and disloyal behaviour.

Respect you mate but how are you so sure what is going on behind the scenes; has Sterling told the club he no longer wants to play for us unless he gets the best wage?

All's I've seen is speculation, followed by supposed ITKs fueling a story originally written for the Star/Mirror. Is that what we go off now?

After a fairly glorious season for Sterling he is trying to get the best contract for himself, just like all the other players. Is that not what they do?

If we can't meet on our variables the club will not give in and if we can, then it's all amicable. If he goes, he goes, as they say but by what you are saying you are creating a frenzy just as bad as those the media have been doing.

Unless there is something I've missed mate the two parties are negotiating and with 2 years left on his contract there's plenty of time get it sorted or for him to move on.

far too many on here fall into the latter camp
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:41 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Sincerely hope you're right Beefy - that this is no different from the protracted and tough negotiations all the players benefit from.
The length of this dispute is ominous though - as is Ward briefing his mates in the media. Fact is he and Raza have got form. The 2 years left on his contract is meaningless - the threat is he'll run down his contract and the club will lose significant revenue as a result.
A player doing that poisons the dressing room and sets a bad precedent. We'll see soon enough if there is a real issue here or not.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Original Dub » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:54 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Indeed.

Where's that goal scoring thread?

:lol:
Original Dub

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:23 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Indeed.

Is Pep included in the speculators view point as he let the cat out of the bag that Rash is the one who is not talking to the club ?
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:34 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Is Pep included in the speculators view point as he let the cat out of the bag that Rash is the one who is not talking to the club ?

Something you want to tell us Hazy?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:53 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Indeed.

Missed this, Pep did what now? Sterling not talking to the club?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:34 am

garth crookes on raheem this weekend:

Raheem Sterling: What I love about Pep Guardiola is he makes players who work for him better, in a way Jose Mourinho finds extremely difficult, especially at Manchester United.

Guardiola is a coach in the real sense of the word, and the player who has benefitted most since Guardiola's arrival at Manchester City has been Raheem Sterling. The England international couldn't hit a barn door 18 months ago but has clearly worked extremely hard on the training pitch, improved his striking technique and acquired greater composure especially in front of goal.

So much has been said about giving home-grown players a chance in the Premier League. Well, we might produce better English players if we had better English coaches.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:23 pm

Ffs this better be a Ryan giggs type withdrawal due to injury:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... ck-problem
Original Dub

Postby nottsblue » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:56 pm

Original Dub wrote:Ffs this better be a Ryan giggs type withdrawal due to injury:

Lets hope this becomes a regular occurrence for all our players in these dogshit friendlies
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby zuricity » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:59 pm

Apparently Rashford has got a bad side !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby JamieMCFC » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:23 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Ffs this better be a Ryan giggs type withdrawal due to injury:

Lets hope this becomes a regular occurrence for all our players in these dogshit friendlies

These aren’t friendlies these matches are part of the UEFA Nations League. They are considered competive matches by both FIFA and UEFA, and will be used to determine seeding for the Euros. Whether or not the matches are important is a different debate.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby nottsblue » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:38 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

These aren’t friendlies these matches are part of the UEFA Nations League. They are considered competive matches by both FIFA and UEFA, and will be used to determine seeding for the Euros. Whether or not the matches are important is a different debate.

If it’s not a World Cup or European Championship match, it’s a dogshit friendly IMO. Just another example of UEFA fucking about with things to make a few extra quid
nottsblue

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:11 am

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:07 pm

Club announce he has signed three year contract extension.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:14 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:Club announce he has signed three year contract extension.

Booommm.
nottsblue

Postby PrezIke » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:52 pm

He's top of the league...
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy