raheem sterling

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: raheem sterling

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:00 pm

Dunnylad wrote:Feyenoord, Huddersfield, Southampton - what links all three this season?

That’s why I can forgive Sterling and failsworthblue is spot on there’s enough fuckers hating him across the country without us joining in.

add bournemouth
the lad has given more in terms of effort this season than all of the hipster favourites
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby BookJunior » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:06 pm

carolina-blue wrote:
Proelia wrote:1 or 2 are forgivable but not aww yano what fuck this I'm out

His goals to chances ratio is why one of Serg or Jesus should have started . I luv Raz but ffs
His finishing is bloody awful esp one on ones
We have two strikers we should have played one of them from the off can’t blame Raz for that

He's a winger and it's nonsense to play him as a Centre Forward.
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby carolina-blue » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:06 pm

BookJunior wrote:
carolina-blue wrote:

His goals to chances ratio is why one of Serg or Jesus should have started . I luv Raz but ffs
We have two strikers we should have played one of them from the off can’t blame Raz for that

This all day . Is what I was getting at Argentine national forward Brazil national forward yet we play a winger out of place Nothing to do with Raz One big fuck up from Pep imo
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Justified logic » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:39 am

carolina-blue wrote:
BookJunior wrote:
carolina-blue wrote:

This all day . Is what I was getting at Argentine national forward Brazil national forward yet we play a winger out of place Nothing to do with Raz One big fuck up from Pep imo

This
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby s1ty m » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:29 am

Playing 75 minutes without a recognised striker, in a game of that importance is a monstrously poor decision by Pep.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:20 pm

s1ty m wrote:Playing 75 minutes without a recognised striker, in a game of that importance is a monstrously poor decision by Pep.

Not really because we created clear cut chances that a centre back should have finished but sterling's finishing/ final ball has always been his weak point. Can't fault his work rate or consistently getting in the right places but his finishing is just not good enough
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby ruralblue » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:46 pm

Sterling two goals tomorrow night. Both early on. Still reckon we will go a goal down and win 5 - 1
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby RodneyRodney » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:59 pm

Let him practice 1-on-1's against Claudio for half an hour ; that'll bring his confidence back.
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:41 pm

Sterling has been brilliant this season and he also was key to Gundogan scoring at the weekend. Was so unlucky for the one that hit the post too, but he does need to improve his finishing. Imagine sterling with a lethal end product, fuck me he would be worth 300 million at least. Still a young player too, he is getting and will keep getting better.

Big test tomorrow night against Liverpool, considering his recent performances against them, this is his time, come on raz, fthcu!
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:54 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Sterling has been brilliant this season and he also was key to Gundogan scoring at the weekend. Was so unlucky for the one that hit the post too, but he does need to improve his finishing. Imagine sterling with a lethal end product, fuck me he would be worth 300 million at least. Still a young player too, he is getting and will keep getting better.

Big test tomorrow night against Liverpool, considering his recent performances against them, this is his time, come on raz, fthcu!

I was listening to dion dublin and don hutchinson (great watching these 2 , they talk sense , especially don) and they basically said you've either got the scorers talent or you dont....top scorers dont think , they just do......sterling has a fucking nervous break down in the area every time he has a goal scoring chance which is why he will never be a lethal ending product in a million years ...he is fuckign great at what he is supposed to do , which is run at players and give the ball to an Aguero or a Jesus...................its all PePs fault , he should never expect Sterling to be City's main goal scoring threat.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:59 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Sterling has been brilliant this season and he also was key to Gundogan scoring at the weekend. Was so unlucky for the one that hit the post too, but he does need to improve his finishing. Imagine sterling with a lethal end product, fuck me he would be worth 300 million at least. Still a young player too, he is getting and will keep getting better.

I was listening to dion dublin and don hutchinson (great watching these 2 , they talk sense , especially don) and they basically said you've either got the scorers talent or you dont....top scorers dont think , they just do......sterling has a fucking nervous break down in the area every time he has a goal scoring chance which is why he will never be a lethal ending product in a million years ...he is fuckign great at what he is supposed to do , which is run at players and give the ball to an Aguero or a Jesus...................its all PePs fault , he should never expect Sterling to be City's main goal scoring threat.

Yet he has over 20 goals, not bad for someone who has a nervous breakdown
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:03 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

True , he has over 20 goals, but that in no way tells the whole story does it....and you know it.!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby rosbif cuisson 'bleu' » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:14 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

True , he has over 20 goals, but that in no way tells the whole story does it....and you know it.!

If he was a natural finisher he'd have about 40 this season , it's the part of his game that hasn't improved over the last year, I'm just hoping that it can be coached/practiced into him, because it IS frustrating to see.
rosbif cuisson 'bleu'
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: mcfc
My favourite player is: colin bell

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:08 am

RodneyRodney wrote:Let him practice 1-on-1's against Claudio for half an hour ; that'll bring his confidence back.

:D :D :D
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:24 am

Let's stop exaggerating, he's probably missed around 5 or 6 chances this season that he should be burying but no more than most really. I tend to agree with the opinion that if he has time to think it gets to him but that's not always the case either.

Watch on youtube.com
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:32 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Let's stop exaggerating, he's probably missed around 5 or 6 chances this season that he should be burying but no more than most really. I tend to agree with the opinion that if he has time to think it gets to him but that's not always the case either.

Watch on youtube.com

him not playing cost us the first leg vs liverpool
his misses cost us the game on saturday
ALWAYS HIS FAULT
you watch him come good tonight
#inraheemitrust
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:16 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Let's stop exaggerating, he's probably missed around 5 or 6 chances this season that he should be burying but no more than most really. I tend to agree with the opinion that if he has time to think it gets to him but that's not always the case either.

Watch on youtube.com

He misses sitters, there’s no doubt. But name any of our other strikers who haven’t done the same, including Aguero.
He’s not a natural goal scorer but he’s learning.

To say he hasn’t improved is rubbish as his goal tally from this year compared to last testifies. Most of this is due to the fact Pep has taught him positional awareness. He still needs to be cooler in front of goal, but he is always getting into the correct position.
Pep improved him. To deny this is just having a blind spot re: Pep.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:56 am

........... still top of the league!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Nickyboy » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:34 am

He's the anti scouser - always his fault
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:48 am

Nickyboy wrote:He's the anti scouser - always his fault

I blame him for our form in the late nineties. He should have been born earlier and signed for us under Alan Ball, then everything would have been different.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum