raheem sterling

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: raheem sterling

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:00 am

CTID Hants wrote:The fat Leeds cunt in the office this morning started regurgitating the media ballocks on Raheem, me and the lass who's a ST at Tottenham told him to fuck off and not join in football conversations ever again until he knows what the fuck he's talking about the fat fucking bald yorkshire cunt.

Supporting Leeds you'd think he'd keep his head down!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Original Dub » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:17 pm

Fat Sam: Sterling should be dropped for rashford v Belgium. Because Rashford scored a good goal in that friendly. YCMIU

“I can’t see any reason why Gareth shouldn’t play Marcus Rashford against Belgium,” Allardyce told Talksport.

“Raheem Sterling hasn’t delivered what we know he can deliver and what he has delivered at Manchester City.

“Unfortunately for him for two games he hasn’t shone quite as much as he has this season.

“So you’ve got to say why not Rashford? It’s not a must-win game, it’s almost a free game. 

“Yes, we want to carry on the momentum, but Marcus Rashford scored a terrific goal in the friendly he played in.”

He added: “I wouldn’t say Raheem Sterling is a natural goalscorer, even though he got a huge amount of goals for Man City last season.

“Sterling is not as natural a goalscorer as Rashford, and the more goalscorers you have on the pitch the better chance you’ve got of going all the way”

England’s game against Roberto Martinez’s in Kaliningrad will be a straight play-off for top spot in Group G.
Original Dub

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:25 pm

Original Dub wrote:Fat Sam: Sterling should be dropped for rashford v Belgium. Because Rashford scored a good goal in that friendly. YCMIU

“I can’t see any reason why Gareth shouldn’t play Marcus Rashford against Belgium,” Allardyce told Talksport.

“Raheem Sterling hasn’t delivered what we know he can deliver and what he has delivered at Manchester City.

“Unfortunately for him for two games he hasn’t shone quite as much as he has this season.

“So you’ve got to say why not Rashford? It’s not a must-win game, it’s almost a free game.

“Yes, we want to carry on the momentum, but Marcus Rashford scored a terrific goal in the friendly he played in.”

He added: “I wouldn’t say Raheem Sterling is a natural goalscorer, even though he got a huge amount of goals for Man City last season.

“Sterling is not as natural a goalscorer as Rashford, and the more goalscorers you have on the pitch the better chance you’ve got of going all the way”

England’s game against Roberto Martinez’s in Kaliningrad will be a straight play-off for top spot in Group G.

Yep, to hell with tactics or gameplans, Kane, Rashford, Vardy and Wellbrilliant should all start. Shame Southgate didn't bring Carroll and Defoe too. Goals, goals, goals. It's a no brainer really.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:28 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Fat Sam: Sterling should be dropped for rashford v Belgium. Because Rashford scored a good goal in that friendly. YCMIU

Yep, to hell with tactics or gameplans, Kane, Rashford, Vardy and Wellbrilliant should all start. Shame Southgate didn't bring Carroll and Defoe too. Goals, goals, goals. It's a no brainer really.

Not exactly the strategy that Sam followed in his league management career though!
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sheblue » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:46 pm

Suspect he wont play against Belgium, but will be back in for the 2nd round game.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby City64 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:38 pm

Can we start a Vardy is a cunt thread after the Belgium game ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:45 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Not exactly the strategy that Sam followed in his league management career though!

BFS is just another of the many 'Mouths for Hire' and todays piece was just a popular knee jerk one to get the listening Rags and Dippers foaming.

Durham was backing Raheem the other night and put it down to the best for the team. Today, he's stoking the fire for the listenership.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:49 pm

City64 wrote:Can we start a Vardy is a cunt thread after the Belgium game ?

bore off mate
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby City64 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:52 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
City64 wrote:Can we start a Vardy is a cunt thread after the Belgium game ?

bore off mate

Who rattled your fucking cage ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:00 am

Beefymcfc wrote:BFS is just another of the many 'Mouths for Hire' and todays piece was just a popular knee jerk one to get the listening Rags and Dippers foamin.
If only he was the England manager....
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby City64 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:52 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:BFS is just another of the many 'Mouths for Hire' and todays piece was just a popular knee jerk one to get the listening Rags and Dippers foamin.

BFS modern day genius ! Talks the talk delivers fuck all except dull tedious antiquated long ball shite . English managers eh ? Made millions being shite !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carolina-blue » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:37 am

City64 wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

BFS modern day genius ! Talks the talk delivers fuck all except dull tedious antiquated long ball shite . English managers eh ? Made millions being shite !

Very True only job in the world they can be crap and just move to another for millions .
Pardew Hughes Aladyce Pullis as you say shit managers
Shit football
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby PrezIke » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:08 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
Dameerto wrote:I don't think Southgate will drop Sterling 'just' because he doesn't score, he's using him as a decoy for Kane to drag defenders around and create space. (and Sterling's experience under Pep means he's anticipating things much better than the Rag/Spurs players.

Was about to post something similarly.

What observers don't realise is that Raheem creates constant problems for the defence, even if he doesn't score. His influence on the attacking end is constant, as he rarely disappears, works his arse off to get involved, and makes highly intelligent runs that can be "dummies" to create space for other attackers.

Sterling is also quite strong and can hold up, or win those battles for the ball on the ground against anyone other than the largest centre halves for the most part, which is common because he usually gets to the ball first due to his pace.

Rashford, maybe is technically stronger as a finisher and more composed in those sitatuions, but he is more invisible and doesn't create as much as Raheem who makes defenders panic far more.

One observation I've wondered about is that due to the makeup of Raheem's body -- similar to why I think Yaya's physical size as he aged caused him problems with workrate. Sterling is a bit stocky and jittery in his motions, rather than smooth like Lingard and Rashford. I wonder if that plays a role in his finishing, because you have to be smoother to have good technique, but that also makes the other two more deliberate and slower compared to Raz who utilises that jittery style to good effect rapidly winning the ball or making quick movements that defenders struggle to follow.

Agree largely but one thing Rashford is NOT is a good finisher. His record shows that. He also runs well and creates panic but often lacks composure with the final pass or shot.

You are right that Rashford is inconsistent with his shooting and can lack composure. To explain where I am coming from -- on that last goal he last scored for England, and some others he's taken I recall, including watching him take some free kicks -- he has what appears to me to be better technique when striking the ball than Sterling.

Sterling still has good technical skills with the ball at his feet, i.e. ball control, dribbling, first touch, etc. but struggles to get the kind of bend that Rashford seems more capable of at this point. Lingard is more composed than both and seems the media want to hype him up after the last game, but I don't see him having the attributes elsewhere to become THAT good.

Sterling we know has the intelligence as well to make fantastic runs that either create chances for others, or provide opportunities to shoot, but when he's presented with tough, fast paced decisions whether to shoot or pass in that moment, I think he still lacks confidence about finishing and it affects the outcome.

Southgate seemed determined to get him a goal last game, not taking him off and trying to get him that goal from the set piece. Wonder if he starts next game. Could see him wanting to bring him on to run at tired defenders and hope he can get one that way.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:54 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... -world-cup

A toast to Raheem Sterling, the crucial cog who embodies a selfless England

Richard Williams

Great World Cup sides of the past have been built around ego-free forwards and Sterling’s cunning is utterly irreplaceable
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Original Dub » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:08 pm

Rather than use an argument against the criticism of sterling as an excuse to print yet another piece about him, why not just let him get on with it?

The most disturbing thing about this whole sterling obsession is that he has to be talked about in the media on a daily basis.

It's fucking weird as hell and getting weirder every passing day.
Original Dub

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:19 pm

^^^agreed. the constant attention is bizarre. and these media clowns are defending sterling only b/c it's somehow become fashionable.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:35 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:^^^agreed. the constant attention is bizarre. and these media clowns are defending sterling only b/c it's somehow become fashionable.

Even in the deepest estuarine sarf the penny is heard dropping

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/thre ... 998/page-3
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:18 pm

On the plus side, the wheels have come off the Rashford bandwagon. People are seeing the impact he is having.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:56 pm

It's very simple now, if you are questioning Raheem then you are questioning the manager, and who's going to do that after what he's achieved?!

After Southgate's backing and subsequent claims of sinister behaviour by the media, they'd look like absolute tools to carry on with the onslaught. The likes of Keown, Linekar and RatBoy et al have made it only harder for the media to continue with the Dipper/Rag agenda but they will continue as soon as they get a chance.

Most football fans have come around to the fact that Raheem has done quite well compared to others but it's the 'Once every 4 year fans' that have got onboard the train, and they know fuck all about football. Led by the media, in an attempt to appease the Dipper hoards, they are, as John says, The Sheeples, who will most probably have a real chip on their shoulder about a young, black, multi-millionaire imigrant, who dared to leave one of the 'istree clubs in favour of winning trophies and earning a wage commensurate with his skills and experience.

Sterling stated that it wasn't the amount of houses he would own why he wouldn't sign a new contract with Liverpool and then we see the Sun reporting Raheem buys his mum a house. He also stated it wasn't the cars that motivated him, then we see the story of a dirty car. It's subtle, playing on the psyche of the Dipper fans, but its all there in black and white but for those who will not see it, there's no telling them what fuckwits they really are, but keep telling them.

Anyway, Raheem Sterling,, He's Top of the League. And a Centurion at that.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby freshie » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:13 am

freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC

PreviousNext