raheem sterling

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: raheem sterling

Postby gmercer1 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:50 am

Scatman wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
gmercer1 wrote:Salah has been video’d on his mobile phone whilst driving.
Waiting for the Papers tomorrow to say it’s all Sterling’s fault!

I don't get that, I'm not the most tech savvy guy but if my phone rings in the car, the car asks me if I want to take the call, then I chat via the system, not my phone. My car's nothing what a footballer would have so why the need to even pick it up?


Are you saying it wasn't sterling's fault?

Yeah because Sterling hadn’t setup his Bluetooth connection on his A reg fiesta.
gmercer1
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles
 
Posts: 2302
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:55 am
Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Re: raheem sterling

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:57 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
gmercer1 wrote:Salah has been video’d on his mobile phone whilst driving.
Waiting for the Papers tomorrow to say it’s all Sterling’s fault!

I don't get that, I'm not the most tech savvy guy but if my phone rings in the car, the car asks me if I want to take the call, then I chat via the system, not my phone. My car's nothing what a footballer would have so why the need to even pick it up?

They reckon he was pretending to be on the phone so he didn't have to acknowledge the dippers trying to get his autograph.


standard uber driver behaviour

Uber drivers hate dippers aswell? Fair play.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7047
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:15 am
Location: Manchester
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Re: raheem sterling

Postby nottsblue » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:09 pm

The 11th player to score 50 PL goals before reaching the age of 24
nottsblue
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure
 
Posts: 14463
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: raheem sterling

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:16 pm

nottsblue wrote:The 11th player to score 50 PL goals before reaching the age of 24


the other 10:

heskey
keane (robbie)
cole (andy)
sutton
kane
lukaku
ronaldo
rooney
fowler
owen
SOLID POSTER
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck
 
Posts: 12777
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: here, there, every fucking where
Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: mike mason liam lingo

Re: raheem sterling

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:27 pm

nottsblue wrote:The 11th player to score 50 PL goals before reaching the age of 24

But is he the first winger to do so, as that is predominantly his position?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
User avatar
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 34819
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 am
Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: raheem sterling

Postby Mase » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:34 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
nottsblue wrote:The 11th player to score 50 PL goals before reaching the age of 24


the other 10:

heskey
keane (robbie)
cole (andy)
sutton
kane
lukaku
ronaldo
rooney
fowler
owen


Sutton is a nonce
Mase
Allison's Big Fat Cigar
 
Posts: 18225
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: raheem sterling

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:48 pm

Mase wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
nottsblue wrote:The 11th player to score 50 PL goals before reaching the age of 24


the other 10:

heskey
keane (robbie)
cole (andy)
sutton
kane
lukaku
ronaldo
rooney
fowler
owen


Sutton is a nonce


quite a few on that list
SOLID POSTER
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck
 
Posts: 12777
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: here, there, every fucking where
Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: mike mason liam lingo

Re: raheem sterling

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:19 pm

Real Madrid renew interest in Manchester City's Raheem Sterling
By Sky Sports News
Last Updated: 28/08/18 4:04pm

Here we go -this sort of stuff will just proliferate as long as the contract stand off continues
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... m-sterling
Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5610
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: raheem sterling

Postby Mase » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:45 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Real Madrid renew interest in Manchester City's Raheem Sterling
By Sky Sports News
Last Updated: 28/08/18 4:04pm

Here we go -this sort of stuff will just proliferate as long as the contract stand off continues
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... m-sterling


Remember when they signed Aguero every summer since we bought him?
Mase
Allison's Big Fat Cigar
 
Posts: 18225
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: raheem sterling

Postby Outcast » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:37 pm

Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Real Madrid renew interest in Manchester City's Raheem Sterling
By Sky Sports News
Last Updated: 28/08/18 4:04pm

Here we go -this sort of stuff will just proliferate as long as the contract stand off continues
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... m-sterling


Remember when they signed Aguero every summer since we bought him?


Not winning trophies, snubs, mercenaries, oil money blah blah blah, they've tried every single trick in the book and didn't stop us marching on. Now they're just clutching at straws in desperation to turm the heat away from rags collateral collapse. Pep wants him, he's staying, end of rumour.
Outcast
Robinho's Step Over
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:33 pm
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: raheem sterling

Postby City64 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:58 pm

Will be that utter weirdo bell end Duncan Castles or fat cunt Custis putting lies out there to deflect the shit off the failed one at the swamp .
Not really here
User avatar
City64
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6385
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:02 pm
Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: raheem sterling

Postby carolina-blue » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:17 pm

Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Real Madrid renew interest in Manchester City's Raheem Sterling
By Sky Sports News
Last Updated: 28/08/18 4:04pm

Here we go -this sort of stuff will just proliferate as long as the contract stand off continues
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... m-sterling


Remember when they signed Aguero every summer since we bought him?



So I guess the narrative now is
Sterling best thing since sliced bread fought his way to the top only one pair of boots from the age of 6 All his streets were cobbled and uphill ,
And big bad City don’t wanna look after him so we’re shipping him out ,
carolina-blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles
 
Posts: 2110
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:55 pm

Re: raheem sterling

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:47 am

carolina-blue wrote:
Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Real Madrid renew interest in Manchester City's Raheem Sterling
By Sky Sports News
Last Updated: 28/08/18 4:04pm

Here we go -this sort of stuff will just proliferate as long as the contract stand off continues
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... m-sterling


Remember when they signed Aguero every summer since we bought him?



So I guess the narrative now is
Sterling best thing since sliced bread fought his way to the top only one pair of boots from the age of 6 All his streets were cobbled and uphill ,
And big bad City don’t wanna look after him so we’re shipping him out ,


We also ruined him for England like Rodwell etc.
User avatar
Hutch's Shoulder
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3212
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:55 am
Location: Wild country near Glossop
Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: raheem sterling

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:52 am

Raz and his agent have deliberately fuelled this Real Madrid speculation to improve their contract bargaining position - in the tedious European fashion. Sign now or be sold in January should be the club's response. Disruptive and disloyal behaviour.
Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5610
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: raheem sterling

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:56 am

johnny crossan wrote:Raz and his agent have deliberately fuelled this Real Madrid speculation to improve their contract bargaining position - in the tedious European fashion. Sign now or leave in January should be the club's response.


Do the club not have the wherewithal to establish if this alleged interest from Madrid is legit?
Foreverinbluedreams
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7453
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:34 pm
Supporter of: Euthanasia

Re: raheem sterling

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:50 am

johnny crossan wrote:Raz and his agent have deliberately fuelled this Real Madrid speculation to improve their contract bargaining position - in the tedious European fashion. Sign now or be sold in January should be the club's response. Disruptive and disloyal behaviour.

We can replace Raheem. Someone needs to tell him that, he isn't De Bruyne (irreplaceable).
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7047
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:15 am
Location: Manchester
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Re: raheem sterling

Postby Dunnylad » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:07 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Raz and his agent have deliberately fuelled this Real Madrid speculation to improve their contract bargaining position - in the tedious European fashion. Sign now or be sold in January should be the club's response. Disruptive and disloyal behaviour.

We can replace Raheem. Someone needs to tell him that, he isn't De Bruyne (irreplaceable).

Technically they are all replaceable even KDB (as we are having to find out). I think Sterling offers something special, something that neither Mahrez or Sane currently are showing and therefore IMHO it would be a big mistake to allow him to go. I agree though clearly his agent is winding things up to get the new contract through - expect comments next about how much Real are willing to offer him etc etc
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
User avatar
Dunnylad
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1973
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:21 pm
Location: Darlington
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Re: raheem sterling

Postby phips » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:25 pm

wouldnt mind if he went and we got a big fee for him.

unsurprisingly, im not a big Sterling fan and still doubt his talent and that he should be in a side with aspirations like City have.
but if we keep him i dont mind either; not itching for us to ditch him.

but i dont know anything about football so take that with a grain of salt.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8329
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:04 pm
Location: California
Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Re: raheem sterling

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:45 pm

Dunnylad wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Raz and his agent have deliberately fuelled this Real Madrid speculation to improve their contract bargaining position - in the tedious European fashion. Sign now or be sold in January should be the club's response. Disruptive and disloyal behaviour.

We can replace Raheem. Someone needs to tell him that, he isn't De Bruyne (irreplaceable).

Technically they are all replaceable even KDB (as we are having to find out). I think Sterling offers something special, something that neither Mahrez or Sane currently are showing and therefore IMHO it would be a big mistake to allow him to go. I agree though clearly his agent is winding things up to get the new contract through - expect comments next about how much Real are willing to offer him etc etc

My point isn't that we can't put someone on the pitch instead of De Bruyne, it's that replacing him in terms of what he does on a pitch is impossible. This is not the case with Sterling.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7047
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:15 am
Location: Manchester
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Re: raheem sterling

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:46 pm

phips wrote:wouldnt mind if he went and we got a big fee for him.

unsurprisingly, im not a big Sterling fan and still doubt his talent and that he should be in a side with aspirations like City have.
but if we keep him i dont mind either; not itching for us to ditch him.

but i dont know anything about football so take that with a grain of salt.


Image
Foreverinbluedreams
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7453
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:34 pm
Supporter of: Euthanasia

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 44 guests