We ARE still going to win the league

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

We ARE still going to win the league

Postby nottsblue » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:09 pm

Don't get me wrong, I am as gutted by the result today as I have been ever and I've been following City since 1980/81.

But, we are still going to win the PL and LC double, breaking records aplenty along the way. I really doubt we will get through the CL tie v the dippers but I can live with that.

Just.

I, along with many others on here don't care much for the CL. At the start of the season I'd have happily taken the PL and LC double whilst playing some of the best football the PL has ever seen. Pep got it wrong on Tuesday but I'm not convinced he was too much at fault today. We got the two goals and were battering the rags and but for wayward finishing would have gone in at half time four or five goals up and game over.

I for one am still 100% behind Pep and we will learn from today. We won't see it yet but next season we will have a little more steel about us

Today was a disaster but lets not lose sight of what we have achieved and will achieve this season
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: We ARE still going to win the league

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:12 pm

What a week. Typical city will see us beat Liverpool 2-0 on Tuesday and miss a last min penalty.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Dimples » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:13 pm

nottsblue wrote:Don't get me wrong, I am as gutted by the result today as I have been ever and I've been following City since 1980/81.

But, we are still going to win the PL and LC double, breaking records aplenty along the way. I really doubt we will get through the CL tie v the dippers but I can live with that.

Just.

I, along with many others on here don't care much for the CL. At the start of the season I'd have happily taken the PL and LC double whilst playing some of the best football the PL has ever seen. Pep got it wrong on Tuesday but I'm not convinced he was too much at fault today. We got the two goals and were battering the rags and but for wayward finishing would have gone in at half time four or five goals up and game over.

I for one am still 100% behind Pep and we will learn from today. We won't see it yet but next season we will have a little more steel about us

Today was a disaster but lets not lose sight of what we have achieved and will achieve this season

No disaster - not in my book. Disappointing no more than that.
Also very beneficial.
We learn a lesson about our defence yet it should not affect us winning the PL - magic!

The Rags celebrate today - why? Because they are now only 13 points behind us - with 6 games left?
Lots of our fans are miserable - why? Because we are only 13 points ahead of the Rags?

You could not make it up.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Justified logic » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:14 pm

Yes. But to put out a weakened team at home and lose to United...

It wouldn't have happened in the olden days when we were an English club with English management and local pride.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby ruralblue » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:20 pm

Fuck this shit fuck justifying any of it fucking typical City and its fucking shit. Bollocks balls cunt and twat.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Dimples » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:22 pm

Justified logic wrote:Yes. But to put out a weakened team at home and lose to United...

It wouldn't have happened in the olden days when we were an English club with English management and local pride.

That is very true. English football's core values have changed and something has been lost - no doubt about it.

I try and adjust accordingly and look at the bigger picture but I do miss the old days, the edge and as you say local pride.
Imagine telling Doyle, Lee, Bell and Summerbee, et al. that they were being rested for today's game!!!!
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby nottsblue » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:24 pm

Dimples wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Don't get me wrong, I am as gutted by the result today as I have been ever and I've been following City since 1980/81.

Just.

Also very beneficial.
We learn a lesson about our defence yet it should not affect us winning the PL - magic!

The Rags celebrate today - why? Because they are now only 13 points behind us - with 6 games left?
Lots of our fans are miserable - why? Because we are only 13 points ahead of the Rags?

2-0 up at half time and losing 3-2 is a disaster in any game in my book.

Doing it against the rags is worse.

Doing it when we were in touching distance of the title is quite another.

But like i say, we are going to win it. It was jyst a huge bummer it wasn't today
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Justified logic » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:27 pm

Dimples wrote:
Justified logic wrote:Yes. But to put out a weakened team at home and lose to United...

That is very true. English football's core values have changed and something has been lost - no doubt about it.

I try and adjust accordingly and look at the bigger picture but I do miss the old days, the edge and as you say local pride.
Imagine telling Doyle, Lee, Bell and Summerbee, et al. that they were being rested for today's game!!!!

The thing is, how far down the club's hierachy do you have to go before today's game means something vital? Clearly Vinny, probably Big Dave and Kun. Kiddo? - if he is anywhere in the hierachy that is. But the rest? It's just business and profit and loss and the title next week or the week after, it's all the same.
Justified logic

Postby frankswift » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:30 pm

Spot on.

I woke up this morning thinking "what's the worst that could happen?" We lose and Kev and Merlin get injured. Next worst. We lose, never pleasant, but the rags will think Agent Maureen's a half decent manager and will decide to keep him. There'll be brain dead rag fans thinking there'll be in with a chance of winning the league and if I meet one tonight - I'm off for a pint or two - I'll offer them 50 to 1 to put cash where their ignorant gob is.

We need 6 points minus however many points are dropped by the scum. We've hit a bad patch but, bollocks, we're City so we don't want to do it too easily. In Pep I trust.

In over 50 years of watching City this is the most meaningless derby defeat I can remember.
frankswift
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Take a wild guess
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby Mase » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:37 pm

frankswift wrote:In over 50 years of watching City this is the most meaningless derby defeat I can remember.

Come on mate that’s bollocks and you know it. Today’s derby would have won us the league. No derby in the last 50 years meant that.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby branny » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:38 pm

london blue 2 wrote:What a week. Typical city will see us beat Liverpool 2-0 on Tuesday and miss a last min penalty.

Don't let Sterling take it ffs.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Justified logic » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:40 pm

branny wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:What a week. Typical city will see us beat Liverpool 2-0 on Tuesday and miss a last min penalty.

Don't let Sterling take it ffs.

Or at least give him a straw.
Justified logic

Postby frankswift » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:51 pm

Mase wrote:
frankswift wrote:In over 50 years of watching City this is the most meaningless derby defeat I can remember.

Come on mate that’s bollocks and you know it. Today’s derby would have won us the league. No derby in the last 50 years meant that.

Maybe my glass is half full from a brilliant season, but we've lost a derby at home and the upshot is we're 'only' 13 points ahead with six games to go. I'll have that every season from now on, please.
Last edited by frankswift on Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frankswift
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Take a wild guess
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby Swales4ever » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:51 pm

this is beyond any possible doubt and would take 7 consecutive strikes of Typical City for that not to happen.

question should only be if mental strength is left enough to overturn the Spools embarassment, imo. Football quality wise it should still be considered open.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Mase » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:52 pm

frankswift wrote:
Mase wrote:

Maybe my glass is half full from a brilliant season, but we've lost a derby at home and we're 'only' 13 points ahead with six games to go. I'll have that every season from now on, please.

It’s a brilliant season. We’ll have won two trophies. The same as what we won under Pellers....
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby mr_nool » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:52 pm

I'm starting to doubt it. The team looks frightened.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:52 pm

Whoopee-Doo.

The sheen has gone off it.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby zabbadabbado » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:00 pm

Would love to ask him if he would have benched Messi under similar circumstances .I think I know the answer, No way would the Catalan fans let him pull that kind of shit in an El Classico with Real Madrid.

Yes we are going to win the League, if it takes until the end of the season to do it, History Books will still show us winning the Title regardless of today result.

I just don’t think he gets us sometimes, that’s what really narks me. Ialso feel like sometimes he sabotages us ,today’s game for instance, he is not stupid. He knew the risks when picking that side. When we went 3-0 down at Liverpool he looked upset, I personally felt he was angry with the team, that he deliberately never pursued that illusive away goal, making only one substitution during the game. After going home calming down a bit, suddenly he is more optimistic, and thinks we can win 4-0,or 5-0,that life is not so bad any more. He does give off a vibe that he is slightly unstable, prone to sulking in game out of frustration. We all saw the tide turning second half; he takes off our best player David Silva.

He is never going to endear himself to our hard core supporters until he starts taking the Manchester Derby as serious as El Classico. A lot of fans are upset tonight.

Some interesting Stas here, not sure how accurate any of these are.

Prior to becoming City Manager

Guardiola had never failed to qualify for semi-Finals of the Champions League.

Failed with us Last season,. Looks likely to fail with us again this season.

Guardiola had never lost a game after leading it 2- 0 until today.

Guardiola had never lost 2 games on the bounce by 3 + goals.

We really could do with a good win Tuesday to raise spirits in the dressing room and on the terraces. ;) ;) ;) ;)
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby everyonehatesus » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:02 pm

I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks, this week has been a cunt of a week. Two horrible games on the bounce with what looks to be a third on the very near horizon, and before anyone says but someone chucked a bottle at the bus blah blah. Yes they did and that was the closet our lot got to having any that night.
A fucking shocking second half tonight and without a doubt a massive confidence knock for Tuesday, I can't see us over turning the end result but what's really sad is I have a bad feeling it will actually get worst not better too.
Please city show me to be wrong, but I bet you don't.
Fucking gutted
Last edited by everyonehatesus on Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Nick » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:04 pm

Dimples wrote:

Just.

Also very beneficial.

Errr cos we were 2-0 up at home coasting to a title win n pitch invasion over then cunts ??? Are you high ??!
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum