We ARE still going to win the league

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: We ARE still going to win the league

Postby Swales4ever » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:18 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:Would love to ask him if he would have benched Messi under similar circumstances .I think I know the answer, No way would the Catalan fans let him pull that kind of shit in an El Classico with Real Madrid.

I have nothing against a proper scapegoating rant, under such extremely painful circumstances, mate.

Still, the manager deemed Rags garbage enough to bench our Messi, and facts proved him right.
Only 1/3 of the game we were 2 up and opposition were already routed, despite the rules enforcement was neglected up to deny a textbook penalty and almost every other offence.
hardly a manager fault if then Raz missed two sitters and an additional clear chance, and then the whole team took the gas off a tad prematurely.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:43 pm

We may still win the league but we have been kicked out n the dick very hard on two occasions this week. We may get kicked in the dick twice next week too. Fern is missing at Spurs and we won't have a week off like they wil. I hate football.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:54 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:Would love to ask him if he would have benched Messi under similar circumstances .I think I know the answer, No way would the Catalan fans let him pull that kind of shit in an El Classico with Real Madrid.

Yes we are going to win the League, if it takes until the end of the season to do it, History Books will still show us winning the Title regardless of today result.

I just don’t think he gets us sometimes, that’s what really narks me. Ialso feel like sometimes he sabotages us ,today’s game for instance, he is not stupid. He knew the risks when picking that side. When we went 3-0 down at Liverpool he looked upset, I personally felt he was angry with the team, that he deliberately never pursued that illusive away goal, making only one substitution during the game. After going home calming down a bit, suddenly he is more optimistic, and thinks we can win 4-0,or 5-0,that life is not so bad any more. He does give off a vibe that he is slightly unstable, prone to sulking in game out of frustration. We all saw the tide turning second half; he takes off our best player David Silva.

He is never going to endear himself to our hard core supporters until he starts taking the Manchester Derby as serious as El Classico. A lot of fans are upset tonight.

Some interesting Stas here, not sure how accurate any of these are.

Prior to becoming City Manager

Guardiola had never failed to qualify for semi-Finals of the Champions League.

Failed with us Last season,. Looks likely to fail with us again this season.

Guardiola had never lost a game after leading it 2- 0 until today.

Guardiola had never lost 2 games on the bounce by 3 + goals.

We really could do with a good win Tuesday to raise spirits in the dressing room and on the terraces. ;) ;) ;) ;)

This manager is here for him and only him , he couldn't give a fuck about us fans....I cant stand the cunt and I have said so ever since he tried to call out our fans for booing the CL anthem and then there was that time he glared at the fans when they all clapped when clownio actually saved a tame shot that day................it was then I decided he can get to fuck as far as liking him is concerned...and nothing , zero , has made me change my mind.

As for the after effects of this match ,he deserves to be SLAGGED off for the next fuckign few days for setting up our team without our best players...it was a dick move and. as has already been said , he wouldn't have dropped any of his loves of his life at Barca if they were playing RM....no fucking way jose !
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:56 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:We may still win the league but we have been kicked out n the dick very hard on two occasions this week. We may get kicked in the dick twice next week too. Fern is missing at Spurs and we won't have a week off like they wil. I hate football.

Fern gave the ball away 1000 times today !!! so he can fuck off on holiday for a few weeks as far as Im concerned.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Fidel Castro » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:59 pm

Thing is, twice now we've turned to absolute shite when teams have dared to go for it. Next season will be very different, as the fear factor is gone.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Mase » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:01 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:Thing is, twice now we've turned to absolute shite when teams have dared to go for it. Next season will be very different, as the fear factor is gone.

Same as Chelsea this season.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:05 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:Thing is, twice now we've turned to absolute shite when teams have dared to go for it. Next season will be very different, as the fear factor is gone.

it hasn’t gone
we SHOULD have scored at least at least 6 today
i expect 2 or 3 seismic transfers this summer that will propel us to an unbeatable position next season
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:30 pm

london blue 2 wrote:What a week. Typical city will see us beat Liverpool 2-0 on Tuesday and miss a last min penalty.

It’ll be 3-1
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Nick » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:31 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:

it hasn’t gone
i expect 2 or 3 seismic transfers this summer that will propel us to an unbeatable position next season

More joke defenders ?
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:34 pm

Nick wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

it hasn’t gone

More joke defenders ?

a proper defensive midfielder for starters - one who would have tracked pogba’s runs into the box...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby s1ty m » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:00 pm

nottsblue wrote:Don't get me wrong, I am as gutted by the result today as I have been ever and I've been following City since 1980/81.

But, we are still going to win the PL and LC double, breaking records aplenty along the way. I really doubt we will get through the CL tie v the dippers but I can live with that.

Just.

I, along with many others on here don't care much for the CL. At the start of the season I'd have happily taken the PL and LC double whilst playing some of the best football the PL has ever seen. Pep got it wrong on Tuesday but I'm not convinced he was too much at fault today. We got the two goals and were battering the rags and but for wayward finishing would have gone in at half time four or five goals up and game over.

I for one am still 100% behind Pep and we will learn from today. We won't see it yet but next season we will have a little more steel about us

Today was a disaster but lets not lose sight of what we have achieved and will achieve this season

That's about right. I was staggered by The poor finishing. I was also unimpressed with the ole ole stuff with half a game to go...it was just...inviting it...

Atmosphere was amazing in the first half. Enjoyed it in 102.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:34 am

1:30 am and don’t know where I’m posting at this dtage.
Funk it. Gloss Is gone.
Shower of bastards.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby aaron bond » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:16 am

The biggest issue about the result for me is that Pep completely failed to appreciate the significance of today's match. Winning the league by beating your rivals is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Instead he chose to look past this game with an eye on Tuesday.

We definitely had enough chances to kill the game off by half time. But we know Sterling isn't the cleanest finisher (even with his impressive record this season) and if those chances had fallen to Aguero or Jesus then they would have been converted.

We started today with Walker, KDB, Jesus and Aguero on the bench. Inexcusable.

Last season Pep's undoing was his constant change in line-ups, formations and tactics. This season he avoided that and played his strongest team at all times. Yet, he deviated from that policy this week! The 2 biggest games of the season and he changes his ways.

We'll still look back on this season with lots of fond memories at the end but beating United to win the title is a dream scenario and we blew it.
aaron bond

Postby Dunnylad » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:18 am

It’s a number of things - proof that winning 4 trophies is beyond most sides. That mentality that saw last minute winners seems to have been worn down as the season has gone on and been replaced by moments where defensively we capitulate - red scousers twice and today against the rags - remember we were a penalty save away from Palace beating us. We’ve been over hyped by the press who are loving this at the moment. The refereeing decisions that seemed a distant memory are back to haunt us along with the conspiracy theories. We need the season to end now, to regroup, refresh (with players with the right mentality) and go again next season.

Best article out there is from the MuEN - that win for them was like the derby victories we used to enjoy when we were scrapping for crumbs - Benjani, the Goat etc - they’ve hopefully only delayed our title win, but that’s all they’ve done. It’ll be a bitter pill to swallow but this should end up our most dominant title win - possibly in our history but I’m no statto
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby aaron bond » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:50 am

Dunnylad wrote:It’s a number of things - proof that winning 4 trophies is beyond most sides. That mentality that saw last minute winners seems to have been worn down as the season has gone on and been replaced by moments where defensively we capitulate - red scousers twice and today against the rags - remember we were a penalty save away from Palace beating us. We’ve been over hyped by the press who are loving this at the moment. The refereeing decisions that seemed a distant memory are back to haunt us along with the conspiracy theories. We need the season to end now, to regroup, refresh (with players with the right mentality) and go again next season.

Best article out there is from the MuEN - that win for them was like the derby victories we used to enjoy when we were scrapping for crumbs - Benjani, the Goat etc - they’ve hopefully only delayed our title win, but that’s all they’ve done. It’ll be a bitter pill to swallow but this should end up our most dominant title win - possibly in our history but I’m no statto

No one expects to win 4 trophies.

But we are entitled to expect our manager to play his strongest side in a derby match that will secure us the title.
aaron bond

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:22 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:What a week. Typical city will see us beat Liverpool 2-0 on Tuesday and miss a last min penalty.

It’ll be 3-1

That's what I've been expecting since the final whistle at Anfield.
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Crossie » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:28 pm

He also handjobs Gundogan under the table for every big game especially in Europe. It’s fine against weaker teams but he’s just so slow for the really big games.

I really hoped Mendy would have been back for the last 2 games to give us that balance and a fresh edge. But no.

I also have big question marks over Jesus, what does he do except go missing. No way is he fit to take over from Kun. He’s a fucking Martial type player who’d fit into a Wenger team of under achievers.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:38 pm

Crossie wrote:He also handjobs Gundogan under the table for every big game especially in Europe. It’s fine against weaker teams but he’s just so slow for the really big games.

I really hoped Mendy would have been back for the last 2 games to give us that balance and a fresh edge. But no.

I also have big question marks over Jesus, what does he do except go missing. No way is he fit to take over from Kun. He’s a fucking Martial type player who’d fit into a Wenger team of under achievers.

like sane
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Mase » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:01 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Crossie wrote:He also handjobs Gundogan under the table for every big game especially in Europe. It’s fine against weaker teams but he’s just so slow for the really big games.

like sane

Sanè is the kind of self important cunt that would get a tattoo of himself.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Justified logic » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:00 pm

I suspect Guardiola will have Mendy back for Tuesday. Even risk his health to get the attacking advantage he offers.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum