We ARE still going to win the league

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: We ARE still going to win the league

Postby Dunnylad » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:17 pm

aaron bond wrote:
Dunnylad wrote:It’s a number of things - proof that winning 4 trophies is beyond most sides. That mentality that saw last minute winners seems to have been worn down as the season has gone on and been replaced by moments where defensively we capitulate - red scousers twice and today against the rags - remember we were a penalty save away from Palace beating us. We’ve been over hyped by the press who are loving this at the moment. The refereeing decisions that seemed a distant memory are back to haunt us along with the conspiracy theories. We need the season to end now, to regroup, refresh (with players with the right mentality) and go again next season.

Best article out there is from the MuEN - that win for them was like the derby victories we used to enjoy when we were scrapping for crumbs - Benjani, the Goat etc - they’ve hopefully only delayed our title win, but that’s all they’ve done. It’ll be a bitter pill to swallow but this should end up our most dominant title win - possibly in our history but I’m no statto

No one expects to win 4 trophies.

But we are entitled to expect our manager to play his strongest side in a derby match that will secure us the title.

I’ve read something somewhere that Pep promised the Board he’d win 4 trophies so it’s on someone’s radar. In fact it shouldn’t come as a surprise as Pep constantly seeks perfection (his view of perfection), it’s why he burnt himself out at Barca.

The problem we have is that we the fans have made it clear what we think of the Chumps League - booing the anthem etc - yet the owners want us to win it as that’s the global prize the one that will help to continue to maximise the brand commercially. Like it or not that’s more important than the Derby to the Board which is why Pep did what he did and at half time it was justified (and it wasn’t as if we can’t still win the league even losing the derby) - although Pep will have expected our ‘reserve’ players to win anyway.

I don’t like losing the derby, I’d rather have won the league yesterday after years of watching those rag bastards gloat about their successes. It hurts like hell but equally I’m not blind to the reasons why Pep did what he did. The owners call the shots and there’s no way Pep would have jeopardised the return leg of the chumps league with his team selection on Saturday as the chimps league is more important to the owners.

If you don’t like it I suggest you buy the Sheikh out as sadly that’s what our owners want for our club.
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Re: We ARE still going to win the league

Postby BookJunior » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:48 pm

Dunnylad wrote:
aaron bond wrote:
Dunnylad wrote:It’s a number of things - proof that winning 4 trophies is beyond most sides. That mentality that saw last minute winners seems to have been worn down as the season has gone on and been replaced by moments where defensively we capitulate - red scousers twice and today against the rags - remember we were a penalty save away from Palace beating us. We’ve been over hyped by the press who are loving this at the moment. The refereeing decisions that seemed a distant memory are back to haunt us along with the conspiracy theories. We need the season to end now, to regroup, refresh (with players with the right mentality) and go again next season.

Best article out there is from the MuEN - that win for them was like the derby victories we used to enjoy when we were scrapping for crumbs - Benjani, the Goat etc - they’ve hopefully only delayed our title win, but that’s all they’ve done. It’ll be a bitter pill to swallow but this should end up our most dominant title win - possibly in our history but I’m no statto

No one expects to win 4 trophies.

But we are entitled to expect our manager to play his strongest side in a derby match that will secure us the title.

I’ve read something somewhere that Pep promised the Board he’d win 4 trophies so it’s on someone’s radar. In fact it shouldn’t come as a surprise as Pep constantly seeks perfection (his view of perfection), it’s why he burnt himself out at Barca.

The problem we have is that we the fans have made it clear what we think of the Chumps League - booing the anthem etc - yet the owners want us to win it as that’s the global prize the one that will help to continue to maximise the brand commercially. Like it or not that’s more important than the Derby to the Board which is why Pep did what he did and at half time it was justified (and it wasn’t as if we can’t still win the league even losing the derby) - although Pep will have expected our ‘reserve’ players to win anyway.

I don’t like losing the derby, I’d rather have won the league yesterday after years of watching those rag bastards gloat about their successes. It hurts like hell but equally I’m not blind to the reasons why Pep did what he did. The owners call the shots and there’s no way Pep would have jeopardised the return leg of the chumps league with his team selection on Saturday as the chimps league is more important to the owners.

If you don’t like it I suggest you buy the Sheikh out as sadly that’s what our owners want for our club.

They want establish a powerhouse club within UEFA that can compete with Barcelona, Real, Bayern, AC or Inter Milan, Juventus etc etc etc.

Forget the quadruple any year. We have UEFA, FA, PGMOL etc etc against us.
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum