Build up vs Scouse b******s

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Build up vs Scouse b******s

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:15 am

brite blu sky wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Justified logic wrote:
edge275 wrote:I would also like to bring up another point. There’s a very good chance that Pep is under direction from the Sheikh himself that he feels the Champions League is a priority. Both Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon have made no secret of how much they want to win it, and after all they’ve given us, perhaps we should take it on the chin and will the team on?

I've no doubt the CL is seen as the priority by the owners. However that game yesterday went around the world, before, during and after, just as much as any CL game would. Everyone knew what was at stake - the chance to win the PL in record time against the biggest rivals, and we fluffed our lines because Guardiola was concentrating on, and allowed the team's concentration to wander to, Tuesday. He has committed the cardinal sin of changing a winning formula. He has fucked up.

Except that his changed team was 2-0 up at half time and should have been out of sight. It wasn't Guardiola that screwed up, it was the players who failed to respond to the rags upping the pace in second half. A good first 20 mins from us and they would have all have gone home. Only criticism of Pep for me is maybe he should have brought KDB and Jesus on at half time to kill it off.

This for me 100% spot on. The selection was fine winning at a stroll.. WHAT HAPPENED ? they took their foot off the gas as the rags came out to give it a go.
Mentally we were not at the game in the 2nd half hence the shiite defending and total loss of initiative.
There is no reason why the 2nd half could not have been the same as the first... the players eased off.
If there is anyone i am pointing the finger at for that, it is Komps. He should have pulled the fuckers together despite him personally being at fault for their first.
He looked like a man who just wanted it to end at one point... just before the 3rd i think. Desire to control had gone and that was reflective of the whole team, they looked like they just wanted it to end, they created their own nightmare imo.

THE QUESTION WE NEED TO ASK IS WHY THEY LOST THE ABILITY TO CONTROL THAT GAME

dippers tuesday ?
so close to the title they bottled it ?
tired ?

Arrogant complacency, just watch that second goal, Pogba was allowed jog 40 yards with not one of ours taking any responsibility for him. I hope Guardiola tore them a new one for that.

Also, where's aggressive Ederson gone the last couple of games?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Original Dub » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:58 am

Holy fuck. The worst officiating I've ever seen for a city champs league game was the home game v Monaco. Absolutely corrupt. This guy wasn't just bad, he knew exactly what he was doing.

So much so that pep criticised him afterwards.

And now, ladies and gentlemen, he will be refereeing us tomorrow night.

I shit you not.
Original Dub

Postby edge275 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:36 am

Original Dub wrote:Holy fuck. The worst officiating I've ever seen for a city champs league game was the home game v Monaco. Absolutely corrupt. This guy wasn't just bad, he knew exactly what he was doing.

I shit you not.

Is there any point watching it? Totally corrupt and shameful.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Original Dub » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:42 am

They must actually be in the UEFA offices laughing at us.

It's that obvious an appointment that in no way are they even trying to hide it.

The way the decisions have gone over the last week have been nothing short of mind blowing.

I actually just want tomorrow night to be done with so the season can be over.

I'm not normally a defeatist but where there was little hope, there is now absolutley none.
Original Dub

Postby City64 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:07 am

It is going to be a really horrible one tomorrow on and off the pitch , all those going keep your heads and stay calm .........

Fucking carnage off and on the pitch !!!
£50 a ticket for the pleasure aswell fuck off UEFA fuck off you scouse vermin cunts !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:21 am

Original Dub wrote:Holy fuck. The worst officiating I've ever seen for a city champs league game was the home game v Monaco. Absolutely corrupt. This guy wasn't just bad, he knew exactly what he was doing.

I shit you not.

Fuck it, send the kids in. Vs Spurs on saturday is 100% more important.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby john68 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:26 pm

I'd hate some of you lot to be in the trenches next to me.....what a bunch of mard arses this generation must be. Brave when it's easy, all run away when the enemy attacks.

Maybe a generational, all spoonfed and handed on a plate, thing. Maybe that's just the way of the modern world.

When the Kippax formed as a singing area in the mid 60's, the loudest noise was always when City were put under pressure, usually as a response to the opposition scoring. The atmosphere was normally like that of the Hamburg game. The Kippax took it as a DUTY to get behind the team and lift them.

Now all I hear is "I can't be arsed...it's all shit...fuck the lazy bastards." "it's all his fault or their fault".
Shit happens, Great sides do lose to shit sides, it happens to every team. Every team falls down, it's how they stand back up that matters.
Currently City seem to have an issue with mental strength. Collapse v the dippers on 2 occasions and the rags last Saturday, (Fidel is right). It has to be fixed, whether with new players or a huge kick up the arse.

he Dippers next leg is NOT a City team game, it is a City Club game. Team and supporters. Pep controls the team but it is the fans that HAVE to create the noise whatever is happening on the pitch. The Scousers understand that, though they have no idea where they should behaviourly stop.

There should be no point of the game where those few dippers should be heard, they should be drowned out from minute one and their team should only know that City fans are in the ground.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby john68 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:29 pm

As an addendum.....We saw a 2-0 deficit turned on its head on Saturday. 2-0 at Half time, 45mins to play.
On Tuesday, it is 3-0 at half time with a full 90mins left to play.

As it stands. it remains within our scope to win and is far from being out of our reach.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:39 pm

john68 wrote:As an addendum.....We saw a 2-0 deficit turned on its head on Saturday. 2-0 at Half time, 45mins to play.
On Tuesday, it is 3-0 at half time with a full 90mins left to play.

As it stands. it remains within our scope to win and is far from being out of our reach.

We have let in 6 goals john...6 fuckign goals...our defense with VInny is shit.

There is no fuckign way these cunts wont score at least 1 goal against the crap we have playing at the back.

Sorry mate...the most important match was the other day and its affected everyone more so than losing out on this shitty CL corrupt competition tomorrow.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Proelia » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:45 pm

Any cunt that doesn't think we can do this can fuck off from posting and attending and let fans that aren't cowardly pricks get behind their team, 5-0 you bin dipping, hub cap stealing, grief mongering dole twats
Proelia
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:02 pm

Proelia wrote:Any cunt that doesn't think we can do this can fuck off from posting and attending and let fans that aren't :cowardly pricks get behind their team, 5-0 you bin dipping, hub cap stealing, grief mongering dole twats

Well said :D
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:08 pm

PeterParker wrote:Lol. They announced the ref

Mateu Lahoz. The spanish delusional baldie that fucked us every single game we had him.

I thought we'd won every game that he's officiated us?

Might be a fussy bugger, and booked Sergio for a dive when it was a clear penalty, but at least we've won a game while he's in charge, unlike the Dippers who only drew.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:20 pm

Proelia wrote:Any cunt that doesn't think we can do this can fuck off from posting and attending and let fans that aren't cowardly pricks get behind their team, 5-0 you bin dipping, hub cap stealing, grief mongering dole twats

We are all still on suicide watch you cunt , so bare with it till tomorrow.!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nick » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:33 pm

Agree with John 100 percent.

I'm 29.

Only one in 110 rallying in the second half. Bold statement but true. Yeah I get too wound up maybe but I wanna try and gee up the fans and get them backing us when we need it, not happy clapping arms folded when we are losing bollocks
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:39 pm

john68 wrote:I'd hate some of you lot to be in the trenches next to me.....what a bunch of mard arses this generation must be. Brave when it's easy, all run away when the enemy attacks.

Maybe a generational, all spoonfed and handed on a plate, thing. Maybe that's just the way of the modern world.

When the Kippax formed as a singing area in the mid 60's, the loudest noise was always when City were put under pressure, usually as a response to the opposition scoring. The atmosphere was normally like that of the Hamburg game. The Kippax took it as a DUTY to get behind the team and lift them.

Now all I hear is "I can't be arsed...it's all shit...fuck the lazy bastards." "it's all his fault or their fault".
Shit happens, Great sides do lose to shit sides, it happens to every team. Every team falls down, it's how they stand back up that matters.
Currently City seem to have an issue with mental strength. Collapse v the dippers on 2 occasions and the rags last Saturday, (Fidel is right). It has to be fixed, whether with new players or a huge kick up the arse.

he Dippers next leg is NOT a City team game, it is a City Club game. Team and supporters. Pep controls the team but it is the fans that HAVE to create the noise whatever is happening on the pitch. The Scousers understand that, though they have no idea where they should behaviourly stop.

There should be no point of the game where those few dippers should be heard, they should be drowned out from minute one and their team should only know that City fans are in the ground.

I feel a tome coming on so anyone who wants to skip to the next post, by all means do so now.

John,
I think it’s safe to say you are one of, if not the most respected posters on here, IMO.
And there is a reason, for it. You’ve been there, seen it all probably have the T-shirt.

For what it’s worth I fully agree with you regarding how to support. I don’t have the right to say what you have, due to the fact I see most City games from my sofa. I used to go to all the Ireland games however and can totally relate to the loudest noise coming after the opposition have scored and the team needing a boost, knowing we are there behind them.
My old man used to say, it’s always when times are bad, that’s when to put on a show.

No matter how you are hurting you need to put on more than just a brave face, you need to actually be brave and step outside your comfort zone for the team.

However, although I agree with the generational differences you refer to, I think there are quite a few of us in here that are in the 50-60 year bracket that are by no means finished with City, but very nearly finished with football.

Believe me, I know I’ll get over it as soon as the next game starts, but the biggest disappointment is the perpetual struggle we have with external influences to the result and what should be an honest contest.

I think a lot of our players see what is going on and get extremely frustrated. Some handle it better than others.

Some on here blame Pep and say he doesn’t get it and they’ll never warm to him no matter what we win. I get it and that’s fair enough but I think they may as well jack it in now as well, as I think Pep does get it and the fact is he has been given a different brief from the top, and is following the agenda expected of him.
He along with the team are trying to achieve the ultimate goal of the CL all the while playing from the outside in.
We are trying to break into the elite and have to do it by being absolutely perfect on the pitch. We can’t acknowledge the obvious external detrimental influences that are placed in our way.
The Sheik plans on us being their at the top table, so we can’t dismantle the table on the way there.

My problem and I suspect a few others on here is, do you really want us to be part of this when we eventually get there.
Both domestically and in Europe, I’m just tired of watching a rigged game.

The only thing keeping me going is the belief City can do this working against the odds. But what then? Football was different back in the days of the Kippax, that you remember. It may always have been a business, but it was still a sport then and seemed fair and a team could achieve a lot through unity and honest endeavour.

City under Pep are playing a beautiful brand of football and it is what the Club as a whole want. Having strong characters, leaders etc. is not the the priority. Having skilful players comfortable under pressure is and 9 times out of 10 it would be enough for us, to get over the line following Pep/The Club’s philosophy, but coming up against injustice when we get to the real business end of things, time and time again, then you need strong leaders to unify the team.
A loyal vociferous crowd can help with that when things get hopeless, but a lot of the disillusionment of the crowd is more to do with dis belief of how low the game has got.
How low the game that we all grew up playing and loving, has stooped.

I think City are good enough to go out and beat Liverpool tomorrow but I also believe we will not be allowed go through.
I also believe that half the team know this and are probably resigned to the fact.
I believe that becomes part of a debilitating cycle and it’s hard to know how to break it.

Right enough of that. I know i sound down still, but my disappointment is with football, not with City.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby City64 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:41 pm

SSN sayin Salah very doubtful and not trained fully tonight in preparation for tomorrow .......
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:44 pm

City64 wrote:SSN sayin Salah very doubtful and not trained fully tonight in preparation for tomorrow .......

Oh the SSN cunts back tracking now showing pictures of Salah training , SSN off course fawning over him , fuck off SKY !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:44 pm

anyone know if salah trained today?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby harveytravis » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:57 pm

Nick wrote:Agree with John 100 percent.

I'm 29.

Only one in 110 rallying in the second half. Bold statement but true. Yeah I get too wound up maybe but I wanna try and gee up the fans and get them backing us when we need it, not happy clapping arms folded when we are losing bollocks

I agree with John 80 percent

I'm 73

There certainly is a lack of atmosphere in the Colin Bell stand nowadays but I don't think you can put that down to some snowflake generation completely. There are around me a lot of "tourist" supporters who never make a noise apart from polite clapping. Plus the acoustics at the Etihad, unlike the shed like qualities of the Kippax, mean most of the noise we generate is lost to the ether.

In the fifties and sixties there was a togetherness of sound because of the crowd structure. This is difficult to maintain in modern stadiums (could be why West Ham fans dislike their new stadium). There was one chant that did particularly resonate and still gives me goose bumps when I think about it today.

This was a two note sustained CI - TY

Firs note was about three seconds and high, second note shorter and low. This would bring the whole stadium in on the act and could be sustained for much longer periods than the short sharp songs that are sung today.

Does anyone remember this chant?
harveytravis
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:15 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
john68 wrote:I'd hate some of you lot to be in the trenches next to me.....what a bunch of mard arses this generation must be. Brave when it's easy, all run away when the enemy attacks.

I feel a tome coming on so anyone who wants to skip to the next post, by all means do so now.

John,
I think it’s safe to say you are one of, if not the most respected posters on here, IMO.
And there is a reason, for it. You’ve been there, seen it all probably have the T-shirt.

For what it’s worth I fully agree with you regarding how to support. I don’t have the right to say what you have, due to the fact I see most City games from my sofa. I used to go to all the Ireland games however and can totally relate to the loudest noise coming after the opposition have scored and the team needing a boost, knowing we are there behind them.
My old man used to say, it’s always when times are bad, that’s when to put on a show.

No matter how you are hurting you need to put on more than just a brave face, you need to actually be brave and step outside your comfort zone for the team.

However, although I agree with the generational differences you refer to, I think there are quite a few of us in here that are in the 50-60 year bracket that are by no means finished with City, but very nearly finished with football.

Believe me, I know I’ll get over it as soon as the next game starts, but the biggest disappointment is the perpetual struggle we have with external influences to the result and what should be an honest contest.

I think a lot of our players see what is going on and get extremely frustrated. Some handle it better than others.

Some on here blame Pep and say he doesn’t get it and they’ll never warm to him no matter what we win. I get it and that’s fair enough but I think they may as well jack it in now as well, as I think Pep does get it and the fact is he has been given a different brief from the top, and is following the agenda expected of him.
He along with the team are trying to achieve the ultimate goal of the CL all the while playing from the outside in.
We are trying to break into the elite and have to do it by being absolutely perfect on the pitch. We can’t acknowledge the obvious external detrimental influences that are placed in our way.
The Sheik plans on us being their at the top table, so we can’t dismantle the table on the way there.

My problem and I suspect a few others on here is, do you really want us to be part of this when we eventually get there.
Both domestically and in Europe, I’m just tired of watching a rigged game.

The only thing keeping me going is the belief City can do this working against the odds. But what then? Football was different back in the days of the Kippax, that you remember. It may always have been a business, but it was still a sport then and seemed fair and a team could achieve a lot through unity and honest endeavour.

City under Pep are playing a beautiful brand of football and it is what the Club as a whole want. Having strong characters, leaders etc. is not the the priority. Having skilful players comfortable under pressure is and 9 times out of 10 it would be enough for us, to get over the line following Pep/The Club’s philosophy, but coming up against injustice when we get to the real business end of things, time and time again, then you need strong leaders to unify the team.
A loyal vociferous crowd can help with that when things get hopeless, but a lot of the disillusionment of the crowd is more to do with dis belief of how low the game has got.
How low the game that we all grew up playing and loving, has stooped.

I think City are good enough to go out and beat Liverpool tomorrow but I also believe we will not be allowed go through.
I also believe that half the team know this and are probably resigned to the fact.
I believe that becomes part of a debilitating cycle and it’s hard to know how to break it.

Right enough of that. I know i sound down still, but my disappointment is with football, not with City.

Hello there, I see you are in Ireland, same as me albeit in the north, Londonderry or should I say Doire, anyway, fantastic post, your points eloquently put, however may I be so bold as to take issue with the conspiracy theory aspect, the part where you allude to City not being allowed to go through even if they win.
I know what you are saying, have said it myself, but you put together objective evidence of such subterfuge and I suggest you could make a good living as a barrister.
There is only anecdotal evidence that we are being shafted by the powers that be, nothing that would hold up in a court, I have been ridiculed in the past putting up similar opinions that you have posted.
So what do we do, suck it up and just carry on with our support? I cannot see any other way, the media, along with the old elite clubs like United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs seem to have an agenda against City, can’t think why can you? Of course you can, we have broke into their nice comfy little cartel and they do not like it.
In conclusion all I can say is this bad feeling we have after the past week will pass, everything always does, nothing like a good victory to put to bed all the negatives, so come on City wipe the floor with the scousers!
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum