Build up vs Scouse b******s

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Build up vs Scouse b******s

Postby ruralblue » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:11 am

dazby wrote:A 4-0 minimum win and everything is back on track. I want this so so bad.

Never ever ever give up.

Said it other day Dazby, it was written what was going to happen yesterday. Draw or a loss and the media to be giving it 'wheels fallen off yada yada' then for us to go one goal down early on Tuesday night to end up going through on 5 - 1.

We are City Typical City from Maine Road.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby dazby » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:13 am

Yeah man! Its got Aguerooooooooo written all over it.

The dippers will slip up. No fear.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:15 am

dazby wrote:Yeah man! Its got Aguerooooooooo written all over it.

early goal and liverpool red card...
and liverpool will be without robertson and salah
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby ruralblue » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:18 am

dazby wrote:Yeah man! Its got Aguerooooooooo written all over it.

Sergio, KDB and a Sterling Hat Trick. The first goal will be an own goal.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Nick » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:24 am

I hope and believe nbut for me it stinks of a "so nearly"

One of these where we are rallying at the end but just not enough because of the poor mentality of last week
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby branny » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:57 am

We've already seen what happens when you're so much on top and don't kill off the opposition. The Dippers were 3-0 up after half an hour and failed to add to it. They showed very little attacking intent after that and seemed happy to sit back. I'm expecting more of the same on Tuesday.

We played a team with a better defence than the Dippers yesterday and had we taken our clear cut chances, would have been out of sight. I think problems yesterday stemmed from that dominant first half. It was so comfortable that we became complacent and minds switched towards Tuesday. I don't expect that to happen on Tuesday. They will be fully focused and if we take our clear cut chances, we'll piss it.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:13 pm

After PePs fuck up yesterday....I don't care about tuesday , I really dont.
I feel like ive lost the fuckign contact details off a stunning brunette.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby carolina-blue » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:33 pm

That shower of shite put 3 past us yesterday
Livershite will score I have no doubt always have Yesterday should of been about yesterday Pep said himself he changed his thinking on these games and we paid the price ,
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:35 pm

we won’t win the tie. not arsed.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:06 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:we won’t win the tie. not arsed.

We will. We will beat them comfortably. It doesn't make up for yesterday but we will beat these.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby edge275 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:26 pm

It’s still possible we can win a treble. It’s been really fucking gutting to lose to Liverpool and the rags this week but there are potential positives to come from all of this.

I would also like to bring up another point. There’s a very good chance that Pep is under direction from the Sheikh himself that he feels the Champions League is a priority. Both Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon have made no secret of how much they want to win it, and after all they’ve given us, perhaps we should take it on the chin and will the team on?

You would never have had the Aguero QPR moment without the Sheikh.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:32 pm

edge275 wrote:It’s still possible we can win a treble. It’s been really fucking gutting to lose to Liverpool and the rags this week but there are potential positives to come from all of this.

I would also like to bring up another point. There’s a very good chance that Pep is under direction from the Sheikh himself that he feels the Champions League is a priority. Both Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon have made no secret of how much they want to win it, and after all they’ve given us, perhaps we should take it on the chin and will the team on?

i hope that the sheikh orders that a anyone who was seen celebrating the rags or dippers wins in abu dhabi this week be publicly stoned to death.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:53 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
edge275 wrote:It’s still possible we can win a treble. It’s been really fucking gutting to lose to Liverpool and the rags this week but there are potential positives to come from all of this.

i hope that the sheikh orders that a anyone who was seen celebrating the rags or dippers wins in abu dhabi this week be publicly stoned to death.

They do that in Liverpool. Bring your own bricks and bottles.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Justified logic » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:56 pm

edge275 wrote:I would also like to bring up another point. There’s a very good chance that Pep is under direction from the Sheikh himself that he feels the Champions League is a priority. Both Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon have made no secret of how much they want to win it, and after all they’ve given us, perhaps we should take it on the chin and will the team on?

I've no doubt the CL is seen as the priority by the owners. However that game yesterday went around the world, before, during and after, just as much as any CL game would. Everyone knew what was at stake - the chance to win the PL in record time against the biggest rivals, and we fluffed our lines because Guardiola was concentrating on, and allowed the team's concentration to wander to, Tuesday. He has committed the cardinal sin of changing a winning formula. He has fucked up.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:01 pm

Justified logic wrote:
edge275 wrote:I would also like to bring up another point. There’s a very good chance that Pep is under direction from the Sheikh himself that he feels the Champions League is a priority. Both Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon have made no secret of how much they want to win it, and after all they’ve given us, perhaps we should take it on the chin and will the team on?

I've no doubt the CL is seen as the priority by the owners. However that game yesterday went around the world, before, during and after, just as much as any CL game would. Everyone knew what was at stake - the chance to win the PL in record time against the biggest rivals, and we fluffed our lines because Guardiola was concentrating on, and allowed the team's concentration to wander to, Tuesday. He has committed the cardinal sin of changing a winning formula. He has fucked up.

Except that his changed team was 2-0 up at half time and should have been out of sight. It wasn't Guardiola that screwed up, it was the players who failed to respond to the rags upping the pace in second half. A good first 20 mins from us and they would have all have gone home. Only criticism of Pep for me is maybe he should have brought KDB and Jesus on at half time to kill it off.
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:15 pm

I know it sounds perverse but Klopp has got a problem here. Should he play his normal game? Of should he go more defensive?
If he does go on back foot, I think we batter them, if he plays his normal game, they score for sure and we need five! He has not got the defenders to hold out for the full game, even so, I feel there may be a seed of doubt there, that could give us hope.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:44 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:I know it sounds perverse but Klopp has got a problem here. Should he play his normal game? Of should he go more defensive?
If he does go on back foot, I think we batter them, if he plays his normal game, they score for sure and we need five! He has not got the defenders to hold out for the full game, even so, I feel there may be a seed of doubt there, that could give us hope.

If I was him I would go his normal game, an away goal and its in the bag.
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course

Postby brite blu sky » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:55 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

Except that his changed team was 2-0 up at half time and should have been out of sight. It wasn't Guardiola that screwed up, it was the players who failed to respond to the rags upping the pace in second half. A good first 20 mins from us and they would have all have gone home. Only criticism of Pep for me is maybe he should have brought KDB and Jesus on at half time to kill it off.

This for me 100% spot on. The selection was fine winning at a stroll.. WHAT HAPPENED ? they took their foot off the gas as the rags came out to give it a go.
Mentally we were not at the game in the 2nd half hence the shiite defending and total loss of initiative.
There is no reason why the 2nd half could not have been the same as the first... the players eased off.
If there is anyone i am pointing the finger at for that, it is Komps. He should have pulled the fuckers together despite him personally being at fault for their first.
He looked like a man who just wanted it to end at one point... just before the 3rd i think. Desire to control had gone and that was reflective of the whole team, they looked like they just wanted it to end, they created their own nightmare imo.

THE QUESTION WE NEED TO ASK IS WHY THEY LOST THE ABILITY TO CONTROL THAT GAME

dippers tuesday ?
so close to the title they bottled it ?
tired ?
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:06 pm

I'm up for it. After the great season we've had I'm not gonna be put off after some abstract performances and dodgy refereeing. If you can't enjoy this season, well, I don't know when you can.

Come on the Blues!!!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby PeterParker » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:59 am

Lol. They announced the ref

Mateu Lahoz. The spanish delusional baldie that fucked us every single game we had him.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum