***mcfc v lfc cl 1/4 final 2 leg official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***mcfc v lfc cl 1/4 final 2 leg official match thread**

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:49 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Sane kev and Jesus have been awful. Proper useless. Season is dead

6 points away from winning the league and the season is dead?

After this week it ain't gonna feel great mate. Gonna fizzle out.

Really? I am going to get shitfaced, then sit down and enjoy the eight months of scintillating football that put us in this position in the first place.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:49 pm

linwood wrote:
Mase wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:Haven't watched, currently driving so had to make do with the radio.

Sounds like we got dicked by another appalling decision, the ruled out goal for offside which would've made it 2 nil at half time.

Pep made a stupid move by getting sent to the stands. We should've also swapped Dave and Bernie for ilkay and kun at half time to keep up the intensity. After that first half we were never gonna keep it up.

We also haven't been smart. How many of theirs got yellows in the first half? Why didn't we play like bastards and encourage some second yellows?

Our mentality is fragile right now. But the first Scouse goal at anfield was offside. Atkinson reffed us with a Munich shirt on. Tonight we had a massively important goal chalked off for offside despite the touch being from a scouser.

Everything is against us right now. Real champions will go to Wembley and batter spurs. If we don't, if we play with any fear, there need to be major changes in the summer. We have no metal, no bollocks. Only kun, kev and fern do for me.

PeP has fucked up badly the last 3 games imo , he gambled everything dropping our main players for our DERBY and a once in a lifetime chance of winning the title at home.

I will hate the cunt forever more for turning his nose up at it for today's embarrassing loss, yet again.

He’s only here for another season mate. Has yet to sign a new contract.

So you want him to leave?

Where do we go then?
It would want to be some manager we get in to keep the progress going.

Players are attracted to the club, alone because he’s here.

I have to admit I find some of his decisions hard to fathom, but I can’t think of any Manager to replace him.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Redna » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:50 pm

We gave it a go. When they scored it was more or less over.
CTID
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby Mase » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:50 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
linwood wrote:

Don't confuse disliking the bald cunt to wanting the bald cunt out.

I don’t want him to leave, but if he does I won’t lose any sleep over it.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby linwood » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:50 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
linwood wrote:
Mase wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:Haven't watched, currently driving so had to make do with the radio.

Sounds like we got dicked by another appalling decision, the ruled out goal for offside which would've made it 2 nil at half time.

Pep made a stupid move by getting sent to the stands. We should've also swapped Dave and Bernie for ilkay and kun at half time to keep up the intensity. After that first half we were never gonna keep it up.

We also haven't been smart. How many of theirs got yellows in the first half? Why didn't we play like bastards and encourage some second yellows?

Our mentality is fragile right now. But the first Scouse goal at anfield was offside. Atkinson reffed us with a Munich shirt on. Tonight we had a massively important goal chalked off for offside despite the touch being from a scouser.

Everything is against us right now. Real champions will go to Wembley and batter spurs. If we don't, if we play with any fear, there need to be major changes in the summer. We have no metal, no bollocks. Only kun, kev and fern do for me.

PeP has fucked up badly the last 3 games imo , he gambled everything dropping our main players for our DERBY and a once in a lifetime chance of winning the title at home.

I will hate the cunt forever more for turning his nose up at it for today's embarrassing loss, yet again.

He’s only here for another season mate. Has yet to sign a new contract.

Don't confuse disliking the bald cunt to wanting the bald cunt out.

That's alright then. Carry on.
linwood
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:51 pm

Well , Im off to Canada , Kazakhstan and Fuckign china starting tomorrow so football can get fucked for the next 9 days.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:51 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
I have to admit I find some of his decisions hard to fathom, but I can’t think of any Manager to replace him.

Who manages Roma these days?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:54 pm

Redna wrote:We gave it a go. When they scored it was more or less over.
CTID

We gave it arifht good fucking go. It was over when our legitimate second was erroneously ruled out. You could see the despondancy in the manager and the player at the half time whistle.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:58 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Sane kev and Jesus have been awful. Proper useless. Season is dead

Really? I am going to get shitfaced, then sit down and enjoy the eight months of scintillating football that put us in this position in the first place.

We've known it was coming for ages. What would have made is better is doing it vs rags or putting it off to continue in CL. We've done neither and now we're all flat as fuck.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Sparklehorse » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:58 pm

sheblue wrote:Just not good enough.

Yes we were good enough.....we scored three perfectly good goals over the tie and one of theirs was offside and we had the clearest penalty this century waved away.
If anyone thinks that football is not corrupt after that then you need to go and give your head a wobble, we were definitely good enough, unfortunately the officials weren’t !!!!
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:00 pm

london blue 2 wrote:We've known it was coming for ages. What would have made is better is doing it vs rags or putting it off to continue in CL. We've done neither and now we're all flat as fuck.

Speak for yourself.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby blues2win » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:02 pm

Silva was anonymous second half. Clearly exhausted. Right decision to substitute him. We gave it everything in the first half but not getting a second goal was fatal and not our fault. It will be very hard to play a fresh Spurs at the weekend. A draw would be a good result. We need to improve next season and Im sure we will. A couple of fresh faces and Mendy back will make the world of difference.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby sheblue » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:07 pm

Sparklehorse wrote:
sheblue wrote:Just not good enough.

Yes we were good enough.....we scored three perfectly good goals over the tie and one of theirs was offside and we had the clearest penalty this century waved away.
If anyone thinks that football is not corrupt after that then you need to go and give your head a wobble, we were definitely good enough, unfortunately the officials weren’t !!!!

I don't agree. Our defending in the last three games was league 2 level. 8 conceded in 3 games in my book that's far from good i am afraid.
Not good enough.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Nick » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:07 pm

Did he piss off to watch Barca ?

Oops their out.

Liverpool v roma nailed on.

We showed no city spirit second half.

Just give up, social media mentality of the tourists.

Sane etc could even be a half n half wearing instagramming leave at 60 mins type
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby zabbadabbado » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:08 pm

Love to know what happened to Pep " taking one game at a time philosophy". that was serving us well.

The Rot started when we changed from that philosophy.Resulting in us going in to 2 of the last 3 games half cocked,sapping confidence for the 3 rd,probably demoralising us completely for a pasting at Spurs for a 4th defeat.What was that shit show at Liverpool away about ?,it was like Monaco away last year.We had a 2 goal lead. Why the fuck couldn't we just go Monaco last year,and Liverpool this year play out a draw give us hope.Since Barcelona he has only 4 games from 25 away Champions League Games..That is astonishing.How we going to conquer Europe playing so Naively.Our owners ultimately want that.I doubt Pep will be the one to achieve it,
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby zuricity » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:11 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

TB,
I am afraid we live in the times of instant gratification. The last eight months , for some , is not ‚History‘ .

We played so well but cannot vary across the front line . Did Kun actually touch the ball after he came on ? Not Kuns fault btw.

In one strange week , Pep has got it all horribly wrong. Well , so it seems . But that beleis the truth about what happened on the pitch .

For example , every fcukler under the Sun hates the idea of VAR, but Var would have shown Milners knee pass to Sane . Wtf is that idiot ref doing on the line ? Yet in the other quarterfinal , that idiot on the line clearly indicates to the ref that Edin was pulled to the ground for a penalty , which the corrupt twat reffing the game initially waved play on!. Works for one but not the other . VAR needed .

Proud of the lads this last week and the entire season . It is a pleasure to watch , even if we make the odd mistake ( sometimes critical! )

From where we have come , as Bruce said “We were ‘Air bound’”.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby zuricity » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:11 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

TB,
I am afraid we live in the times of instant gratification. The last eight months , for some , is not ‚History‘ .

We played so well but cannot vary across the front line . Did Kun actually touch the ball after he came on ? Not Kuns fault btw.

In one strange week , Pep has got it all horribly wrong. Well , so it seems . But that beleis the truth about what happened on the pitch .

For example , every fcukler under the Sun hates the idea of VAR, but Var would have shown Milners knee pass to Sane . Wtf is that idiot ref doing on the line ? Yet in the other quarterfinal , that idiot on the line clearly indicates to the ref that Edin was pulled to the ground for a penalty , which the corrupt twat reffing the game initially waved play on!. Works for one but not the other . VAR needed .

Proud of the lads this last week and the entire season . It is a pleasure to watch , even if we make the odd mistake ( sometimes critical! )

From where we have come , as Bruce said “We were ‘Air bound’”.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:11 pm

Keep us updated on what Pep has to say to the media.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:14 pm

Mase wrote:Keep us updated on what Pep has to say to the media.

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola, on being sent to the stands: "I said it was a goal when the ball was passed to Leroy Sane. That’s why he sent me off. It would have been different to go in 2-0 . It’s different when Salah’s goal at Anfield is offside. It’s different when Gabriel Jesus' goal at Anfield is offside."

"In this competition the teams are so equal and the influence of refereeing decisions is so important."
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby zuricity » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:14 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum