***mcfc v lfc cl 1/4 final 2 leg official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***mcfc v lfc cl 1/4 final 2 leg official match thread**

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:16 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Mase wrote:Keep us updated on what Pep has to say to the media.

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola, on being sent to the stands: "I said it was a goal when the ball was passed to Leroy Sane. That’s why he sent me off. It would have been different to go in 2-0 . It’s different when Salah’s goal at Anfield is offside. It’s different when Gabriel Jesus' goal at Anfield is offside."

And a ;little bit more to add...

Liverpool dashed Manchester City's hopes of Champions League dream by winning 2-1 at the Etihad Stadium.

City took the lead early on through Gabriel Jesus but Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino then hit back.

Guardiola was sent to the stands at half time after storming onto the pitch and venting at the officials.

And, speaking after the match, the Spaniard has now done his best to explain his behaviour at such a crucial time in the match.

"I said it was 'a goal' at half time. That's why he sent me off," he said.

"It's different to go to HT 1-0 not 2-0, it's different when Salah's first goal at Anfield is offside.

"These are the things that influence things. Big congratulations to Liverpool, top team top manager."

"It is what it is. Congratulations to my players, and we will come back stronger next season. We now try to close the Premier League.

"I didn't insult the referee, I just said 'it's a goal, it came off Milner!'"
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:21 pm

Pep was asked why he was sent off
He said he told thevref it was a goal and got sent off.
He called out the the officiating in both games while still congratulating Klopp and Liverpool.
He said at this level these decisions have a huge impact. Their first goal given at Anfield. Our perfectly good goal not given and penalty also dismissed.
Our two goals not given tonight.
He put it quite well, just bordering on saying something he would get sanctioned for and still staying within the rules, whatever they may be.
He thought we played an excellent first half.

Why the F@ck did he change things then?

Said we’ll play out s mini league for the last six games and come back stronger next season.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby zuricity » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:30 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:We've known it was coming for ages. What would have made is better is doing it vs rags or putting it off to continue in CL. We've done neither and now we're all flat as fuck.

Speak for yourself.

i just wrote an eloquent and positive response to one of your reactions to the knee jerkers and the bleedin internet screwed it up !

Rock on City . we will dominate . Everybody , in every land , wonders how many we are going to score .... when it aint corrupt . How can this ref add no time on in the first half ?

Still , once the league is wrapped up , they can go on holiday in the world cup .

Btw , David Silva is either finished or has too many private issues , he has been god awful for a while now.

Kevin Captain next season.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Blue Jam » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:32 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Pep was asked why he was sent off
He called out the the officiating in both games while still congratulating Klopp and Liverpool.
He said at this level these decisions have a huge impact. Their first goal given at Anfield. Our perfectly good goal not given and penalty also dismissed.
He put it quite well, just bordering on saying something he would get sanctioned for and still staying within the rules, whatever they may be.

Said we’ll play out s mini league for the last six games and come back stronger next season.

Watched the game on TV3 (Irish TV channel) and Souness asked an (almost) identical question - why change? 1-0 up and dominating, why change, keep that up and you'll score 2 or 3 in second half. I would ask if that relentless pressure is sutainable. But that does not invalidate your point and I'm in no position to give a rational answer.
I need counselling.
Blue Jam
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Goater

Postby zuricity » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:40 pm

Don‘t be daft he didn‘t change anything until we blew it again , btw , there was no need to change it.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Sparklehorse » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:42 pm

sheblue wrote:
Sparklehorse wrote:
sheblue wrote:Just not good enough.

Yes we were good enough.....we scored three perfectly good goals over the tie and one of theirs was offside and we had the clearest penalty this century waved away.
If anyone thinks that football is not corrupt after that then you need to go and give your head a wobble, we were definitely good enough, unfortunately the officials weren’t !!!!

I don't agree. Our defending in the last three games was league 2 level. 8 conceded in 3 games in my book that's far from good i am afraid.
Not good enough.

I’m not talking about the rags game, I’m talking about this tie, and yes Liverpool scored 4 perfectly good goals due to some highly suspect defending and their very creative players, but we scored 4 perfectly good goals due to their suspect defending and our creative players. Add to that the clearest penalty I can remember waved away.
If VAR was in operation firstly we would have been given three goals and a penalty and Liverpool’s first goal would have been disallowed. If we scored our penalty we would be through, if we didn’t we’d be playing extra time.
I’m livid and suspect foul play !!!
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:43 pm

it is not the only reason of course but it had such an important effect on this game, disallowed perfectly good goal just before half time.

2-0 up at HT the stadium would have been rockin and dippers starting to shit it. On such things does life hinge.

( just watched the Roma pen, ref consults the 5th official, so why did our ref not do that ??? )

we need VAR in football
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:43 pm

zuricity wrote:

Don‘t be daft he didn‘t change anything until we blew it again , btw , there was no need to change it.

I’m not in the mood tonight Zuricity. If you couldn’t see Laporte put to LB and Fern slotted into CB then that’s your problem and before you ask, yes I have played football before.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby MUS » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:52 pm

The way we limped out was pathetic and I thought we had more fight in us than that. Pep got it wrong in both games ultimately.

However, nobody can deny the decisions that went against us. It's not paranoid or unwise to say the referees (English and European) have had it in for us since the takeover. It's clear for all to see. It would be interesting to see some stats of how many bad refereeing decisions were across the clubs in England and Europe. I'd be shocked if we are not up there in the top 10 overall and top 3 from the so-called "big clubs". Wishful thinking but this would go a long way if the club ever wanted to bring the case forward to the football governing bodies.

The most painful thing of the last week is that we prioritised todays match over the derby. I'm sure we all agree we'd all be much happier right now if we'd put out a stronger side on Saturday and wrapped the title up before even thinking about today. Hindsight is a bitch!
CENTURIONS
MUS
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby MUS » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:53 pm

The way we limped out was pathetic and I thought we had more fight in us than that. Pep got it wrong in both games ultimately.

However, nobody can deny the decisions that went against us. It's not paranoid or unwise to say the referees (English and European) have had it in for us since the takeover. It's clear for all to see. It would be interesting to see some stats of how many bad refereeing decisions were across the clubs in England and Europe. I'd be shocked if we are not up there in the top 10 overall and top 3 from the so-called "big clubs". Wishful thinking but this would go a long way if the club ever wanted to bring the case forward to the football governing bodies.

The most painful thing of the last week is that we prioritised todays match over the derby. I'm sure we all agree we'd all be much happier right now if we'd put out a stronger side on Saturday and wrapped the title up before even thinking about today. Hindsight is a bitch!
CENTURIONS
MUS
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:58 pm

You can tell by my username I have been watching football a very long time, now that does not mean I know everything there is to know about the game, but it gives me a platform to express my opinions.
I watched the game on tv, I cannot get to games these days, age, expense, logistics ah whatever. At halftime I said, we would lose the game.
My reasons, we had spent the half attacking totally, what had we to show for all our efforts, one goal and another wrongfully disallowed. Oh we hit the post, forgot.
When you have that much of the game and only go in one up after a three nil first leg defeat, there is going to be only one outcome. The losing team gets more and more stretched, and wide open for sucker punch.
The game may have changed over the years, but not that much you could see that coming.

Now I am waiting for the “we got shafted by the officials chorus” well we did have a goal disallowed but, these things happen, we were not carving them open. How many saves did their keeper make?
To win this type of game you have to be clinical with finishing, sadly we were not, in fact some of our final ball was careless.
It always hurts to lose, especially against a inferior team, but that is football. I only hope the manager can get the team prepared for the next game, a game we need to avoid defeat, to maintain some form of moral for fans and team alike!
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:02 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:You can tell by my username I have been watching football a very long time, now that does not mean I know everything there is to know about the game, but it gives me a platform to express my opinions.
I watched the game on tv, I cannot get to games these days, age, expense, logistics ah whatever. At halftime I said, we would lose the game.
My reasons, we had spent the half attacking totally, what had we to show for all our efforts, one goal and another wrongfully disallowed. Oh we hit the post, forgot.
When you have that much of the game and only go in one up after a three nil first leg defeat, there is going to be only one outcome. The losing team gets more and more stretched, and wide open for sucker punch.
The game may have changed over the years, but not that much you could see that coming.

Now I am waiting for the “we got shafted by the officials chorus” well we did have a goal disallowed but, these things happen, we were not carving them open. How many saves did their keeper make?
To win this type of game you have to be clinical with finishing, sadly we were not, in fact some of our final ball was careless.
It always hurts to lose, especially against a inferior team, but that is football. I only hope the manager can get the team prepared for the next game, a game we need to avoid defeat, to maintain some form of moral for fans and team alike!

the leader of the official blaming gang will tell you that finishing isn't an issue
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:19 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:You can tell by my username I have been watching football a very long time, now that does not mean I know everything there is to know about the game, but it gives me a platform to express my opinions.

the leader of the official blaming gang will tell you that finishing isn't an issue

Finishing, very much is an issue but one thing isn’t exclusive to the other.
As someone else mentioned as good as Liverpool were, they only scored 4 legit goals over the tie.
Bad and all that we were we had at least two valid goals disallowed and one stonewall penalty not given. That’s aside from any other contentious issues.
Add that to the one good goal and I make that 4-4 and extra time.

We definitely need to get clinical because we cannot sustain our profligacy and the bad decisions against us.

Goals make games. Liverpool don’t give up as many as they used to and are far more clinical than us at the moment.
We can’t defend and worse, tend to capitulate when we have our first brain fart.

It’s hard not to think Liverpool deserved that over the tie, but when you look at the cold facts it’s hard not to get angry at another, what might it have been, if the officials got things right.

I’m not even using the word bent. Just get things right. But there can be no excuse for not having VAR in football. By and large it works well in other sports because I feel other sports are starting from a far less suspiciously corrupt position. Allegedly!
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby City64 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:40 pm

Well what a fucking bad week that was ! And our kid got chucked out of the Etihad for twatting a scouse cunt sat near him , even our stewards are as bad as the refs ffs !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Outcast » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:51 pm

Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carolina-blue » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:01 pm

City64 wrote:Well what a fucking bad week that was ! And our kid got chucked out of the Etihad for twatting a scouse cunt sat near him , even our stewards are as bad as the refs ffs !!!

Well buy your kid a pint on me :D
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby phips » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:10 am

wow. 3 losses in a row. Saturday aint looking too good after how hard everyone played today.

loved what Bernardo did out there. fuck me he's got the best touch in the league. i really believe if his 40th min curler goes in we get it to 3-0 and into ET.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby rosbif cuisson 'bleu' » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:39 am

Calmed down a bit now.
Thanks HD for summing up concisely what went wrong. (The reffing was shite though)
rosbif cuisson 'bleu'
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: mcfc
My favourite player is: colin bell

Postby City64 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:10 am

I’m slowly feeling a bit better after last nights latest daylight robbery , our lads looked seriously tired both physically and mentally the last 25 mins or so . Some good news ......... several LFC supporters coaches got smashed up to fuck and a “few” scouse cunts got a hiding inside the Etihad , small mercy I know but it makes me feel better CTID MCFC will be back and back as Champions of England . As for the scouse cunts it’s going to be their year yet again !
Those that laff last laff the longest just remember ;-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby phips » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:32 pm

anyone know the attempts & shots on goal stats for the 2nd half?
i know KDB had two weak SOG that will inflate the # but i cant remember us genuinely threatening much in the 2nd half despite the possession.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus