Ederson

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Ederson

Postby freshie » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:18 pm

Is his form becoming a concern? Since the first leg at Anfield he seems to have lost a lot of confidence and as a result is no longer coming for balls around the 6 yard box, has generally little command of his area and has stopped making any telling saves (dare I say it almost Bravo-esque in the lack of saves department).

In the last few games I felt he should have done better with the Mane header at Anfield, possibly with the Oxlade-Chamberlain goal at Anfield (both Chumps League) the Pogba header in the derby last Saturday and the Smalling volley, again in the derby. For all of these goals he has remained rooted to his line and as a result we have conceded goals which I feel could be avoided. You could even make a case for the Bolasie goal at Goodison Park a couple of weeks ago as a mistake.

Something is up as he is definitely not the same Ederson we saw earlier in the season. Could it be that in the same way defenders draw confidence from having a solid keeper behind them, a keeper draws confidence from the back 4 in front of him and that with the shower that is currently in front of him it has affected him mentally?
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Ederson

Postby dazby » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:32 pm

His standard has definitely dropped. His fumbles have been so, so costly.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Fidel Castro » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:13 am

Can't remember him saving many shots recently, tbh.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby phips » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:09 am

i have been questioning his shot-stopping recently.

signing of the season for sure but it is a little worrying.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:51 am

Like the rest of the defence, he needs to play with the same players week-in week-out. Pissing about and changing the back four/back three every match does not build partnerships.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Dunnylad » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:51 am

I wonder how much the Mane challenge is still on his mind - sure his reaction that lead to his booking was a little left over from that incident in the 5:0
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Mase » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:11 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:Like the rest of the defence, he needs to play with the same players week-in week-out. Pissing about and changing the back four/back three every match does not build partnerships.

This. He was class when it was the same defence in front of him every week.

But ultimately he’s about 12, living in a new country and getting used to a new style of football. He’ll be alright.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby blues2win » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:09 am

I don’t think he was responsible for either goal. Let down by his defenders Walker and Otamendi. He was at full stretch for the ‘fumble’. Can’t really blame him for that.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby nottsblue » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:55 am

Made errors there’s no question about that and he isn’t commanding his area or indeed the 10 yards outside his area like he was doing up to a month or so ago. Only he or the coaching staff the reasons for this. Whether it’s a confidence issue, the World Cup playing on his mind or even just a simple blip in form.

Still an integral cog in our game though and next season he will be more accustomed to us, the style of the PL and off field he will be more settled. No reason as yet to be alarmed
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:58 am

nottsblue wrote:Made errors there’s no question about that and he isn’t commanding his area or indeed the 10 yards outside his area like he was doing up to a month or so ago. Only he or the coaching staff the reasons for this. Whether it’s a confidence issue, the World Cup playing on his mind or even just a simple blip in form.

Still an integral cog in our game though and next season he will be more accustomed to us, the style of the PL and off field he will be more settled. No reason as yet to be alarmed

Another tattoo and he'll be fine.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:15 am

Ederson, has been the signing of the season. Settled in instantly which is a first for a keeper from abroad I can remember. OK we have a week to reflect on . This young team is going to only get better and that is scary.

Edison is now alongside the best keepers in Europe. City fans need to relax and enjoy the title run in. Picking holes is a waste of energy and will spoil the run in. Why do that. Great season and improvement to work on with a coach and staff who are never happy.

As I rammed down my rag families throat, pissing on our parade is your seasons highlight. "HOW THE TABLES HAVE TURNED"
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby zabbadabbado » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:39 am

Not been at his best the last few games. His distribution is still good. The rest has been very suspect, seems to be going to ground far too quickly. Crawling on his hands and Knees once or twice desperately trying to catch his own spills. Where before he was making himself bigger and difficult to beat.

Not on his own, defence has not been good. We need to stop fucking about with the defence, and settle on a back 3,or back 4.Prefeably a back 3 because it suites our system better. Also stop the senseless rotating it won’t help us eradicate stupid mistakes every game. I honestly believe our poor defending of late is self inflicted by the manager keep rotating players, and keep changing system..
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:02 am

zabbadabbado wrote:Not been at his best the last few games. His distribution is still good. The rest has been very suspect, seems to be going to ground far too quickly. Crawling on his hands and Knees once or twice desperately trying to catch his own spills. Where before he was making himself bigger and difficult to beat.

Not on his own, defence has not been good. We need to stop fucking about with the defence, and settle on a back 3,or back 4.Prefeably a back 3 because it suites our system better. Also stop the senseless rotating it won’t help us eradicate stupid mistakes every game. I honestly believe our poor defending of late is self inflicted by the manager keep rotating players, and keep changing system..

The goals conceded have been very much like the Pellers last season, done on a counter attack or switching off. Nothing he can do v World class finishers. City have a lack of the ruthlessness needed. PSG and us are similar, dominant in the league exposed on the big night when a team with top predators expose your defensive weakness. Loads for Pep to work on, which he will.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Renato_CTID » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:29 pm

Not happy at all for his last performances! I don't understand why his distribution of the ball is so confused!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby sandman » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:43 am

He is absolutely class, all keepers have ups and downs.

Best keeper we have had since Joe Corrigan.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Return to The Maine Football forum