Is There Still Any Doubt?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Are games decided before a ball is kicked?

No, it's all fair and square.
7%
Yes, the cheating corrupt bastards!
93%

Total votes : 67

Re: Is There Still Any Doubt?

Postby RodneyRodney » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:13 am

Are there any legal eagles on here who know if a case in the world court of sport, or whatever it is , to compel use of VAR would get anywhere ?
Citing as evidence the number of blatantly incorrect decisions
The use of replay technology in both Rugbys, NFL, Cricket,etc.
Officials accountability via microphone in these sports
Showing football(association) as the only sport hiding behind a murky smokesscreen of unaccountability
Calling as witnesses various former players and REFEREES .
SOMETHING has to be done.
OUR CLUB and it's manager have to stop bending over and taking this .
There are other clubs out there , with $$$ and power and prestige, who have been similarly f*d over by The Cartel in recent years . As I said earlier, NO MORE MR. NICE GUY, I'm getting fed up with these pricks kicking sand in our face and the club DOING f* all about it.

Who was that lawyer , Belgian , I think, who shot FFP to bits a year or two ago ?
Anyone got his number ?
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby sheblue » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:44 am

PeterParker wrote:
sheblue wrote:The arguments for it to be bent are very compelling.

But that shouldn't disguise or be used as an excuse.

If anyone thinks that the last 3 losses are 100% down to bent officiating. Well they were not there are other issues that are clear for all to see.

I don't think they are excuses. No matter how good you are, when the ref takes literally the ball from the net, you will fall.
No team managed to win against the refs in the history of football, even in the romance period and they will not start now.

We were poor lately, but
- a goal and a penalty at Klanfield at would had ended 3-1 or 3-2.
- a penalty and a red card vs filth and would had ended at least 3-3
- a valid goal against scouse and a penner and it would had been at least 2-0.

A very different point of you, isn't it?

Thats all very well and it is a factor, no doubt But some seem to be saying that all our woes are 100% down to corruption. They are not there are other issues and thats my point. And there has not been enough constructive logical debate about that. Too many just preferring to take the knee jerk easy option and lay all the blame in one bed.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Original Dub » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:03 am

sheblue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

If anyone thinks that the last 3 losses are 100% down to bent officiating. Well they were not there are other issues that are clear for all to see.

I don't think they are excuses. No matter how good you are, when the ref takes literally the ball from the net, you will fall.
No team managed to win against the refs in the history of football, even in the romance period and they will not start now.

We were poor lately, but

Thats all very well and it is a factor, no doubt But some seem to be saying that all our woes are 100% down to corruption. They are not there are other issues and thats my point. And there has not been enough constructive logical debate about that. Too many just preferring to take the knee jerk easy option and lay all the blame in one bed.

Name one person who has said that.

Just one.
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:18 am

sheblue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

We were poor lately, but

I don't think anybody is saying that there aren't any issues, especially when you play the 2 closest teams to you in 3 games in the space of a week. The way some of goals have been conceded have been diabolical but on the same scale you have to understand that there were factors that led to that position.

Maybe having your coach tanked had an affect on the players, only to be told we'll look at it after the season has finished. You could see players, and manager, were physically shaken, nevermind mentally.

Then we get the on-field decisions, which there are plenty to talk about and why this thread came about. None really mention the first push on Sterling from Robertson as there were far bigger contentious issues to talk about, especially the later penalty appeal but both were brushed away as 'Contact, yes, but a bit theatrical'. Remember, Real got a penalty last night for a very similar push yet that one was alright.

Or Firminho, before their first goal in the second leg, fouling Walker (I think) which many thought should be given as a foul and a yellow card but nothing came forth. That's after the debacle of the second goal and Pep being sent to the stands. All after the referee felt the need to eye the camera and give it a cheeky wink.

Did anybody see the German ref at the start of the first game giving a sign of 3-0?

This thread isn't about our football, it can be debated elsewhere, this is about the officiating we see week-in/week-out where the majority of the decisions go against us. Whether that be dangerous tackles, offside decisions or nailed-on penalties, the question has to be asked if there is still any doubt.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby patrickblue » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:20 am

sheblue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

We were poor lately, but

That's bollox. No-one is saying that.
The fact is that with correct reffing decisions we would have lost 2-1 at Klanfied, have been 3-2 up at half time on Tuesday, and at the worst drawn with the rags.
The fact that we were toothless in the CL games is another matter, as is the fact if it wasn't for our ineptness in front of goal in the derby, we'd have been out of sight.
Add to that our defensive failings in those three games, if we had lost all three without the officials stitching us up, we'd have deserved it.
But the fact remains we've been royally shafted by the powers that be, three games in a row
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Original Dub » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:28 am

patrickblue wrote:
sheblue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

We were poor lately, but

The fact is that with correct reffing decisions we would have lost 2-1 at Klanfied, have been 3-2 up at half time on Tuesday, and at the worst drawn with the rags.
The fact that we were toothless in the CL games is another matter, as is the fact if it wasn't for our ineptness in front of goal in the derby, we'd have been out of sight.
Add to that our defensive failings in those three games, if we had lost all three without the officials stitching us up, we'd have deserved it.
But the fact remains we've been royally shafted by the powers that be, three games in a row

That's it in a nutshell.

I'd love to see who these people are that said it's 100% because of officials??
Original Dub

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:53 am

Original Dub wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
sheblue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

We were poor lately, but

That's it in a nutshell.

I'd love to see who these people are that said it's 100% because of officials??

i’ve never denied that decisions haven’t affected our results... it’s just that i don’t buy into the agenda thing... the officials are just fucking shit.
your theory credits them with too much intelligence.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Original Dub » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:59 am

They are largely shit, but they seem to turn to shit a lot quicker in vital moments for us every season, which is far too coincidental. They may be shit, but there is also clear bias and influence in big games. I don't know if it's even possible to have more evidence of this than we already have over the last 4 seasons in particular.
Original Dub

Postby edge275 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:23 pm

The biggest eye opener for me was last season to be honest. I'm not someone who often jumps to conclusions prematurely, and suggesting there is corruption in referee's on the face of it, is quite a leap to go to.

When I first started to see questionable decisions going against us, I was more inclined to lean towards being unlucky than immediately leap frogging to outright corruption.

However, this can only go on for so long. When it's happening week after week, and contentious decision after contentious decision, you can no longer ignore the giant elephant in the room.

It was last season where this became more apparent than ever, where it was literally happening every single fucking week.

I am tired of talking about officials all the time and they should not have as much influence as they seem to have. Someone in government needs to investigate and if I was Sheikh Mansour and co, that's exactly where I'd start. I have a feeling it would open up a pandora's box never before seen in sport. The rabbit hole would go extremely deep, and it's possible the sport might not even recover from it if the whole truth was ever exposed.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:43 pm

But that's it mate, it will never come out because there's too much at stake for everybody invested in the game. From those who run the league's, the media, the fans, and even the government, nobody wants to see if there is an issue in this country because it's the world's favourite event.

As long as everybody goes about their business and the fans have their sense of community, everybody turns a blind eye.

Just like people complaining in this very thread, as long as there's a game, we'll still watch our team. It's part of us, just like an extended family.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:53 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:But that's it mate, it will never come out because there's too much at stake for everybody invested in the game. From those who run the league's, the media, the fans, and even the government, nobody wants to see if there is an issue in this country because it's the world's favourite event.

As long as everybody goes about their business and the fans have their sense of community, everybody turns a blind eye.

Just like people complaining in this very thread, as long as there's a game, we'll still watch our team. It's part of us, just like an extended family.

Another issue is that fans don't pull in the same direction. We all complain about what happens to our club, but take the piss out of other fans when they get shafted. The inherent tribalism in football works like a perfect "divide and conquer" for the powers that be.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Dimples » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:00 pm

It is not possible to judge 'other issues' when the officials are corrupt.
Because the bent decisions can be the root cause of the 'other issues'.
Bent decisions affect the team members, the team and staff & mgmt.

Take the most extreme example from Tuesday.
You are bursting a gut and then Sane's goal is disallowed.
3 officials not allowing a perfect goal, after what had gone before it (in 1st half and at Anfield), is soul destroying.
(Same at Anfield, 2 goal swing - our good goal is disallowed, there offside goal stands)

That will affect you in the 2nd half.
First off your manager is in the stands as a result. We change formation as a result - that cost us.
Your head drops, you don't burst a gut (what is the point - 2 good goals disallowed) and on and on.
(Also, it energizes your opponents - they know they will get everything that is going.

So the 'other issues' are due in no small part to being cheated.
No point in talking about them. They are a result of the source issue - corrupt authorities.
Last edited by Dimples on Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:01 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:But that's it mate, it will never come out because there's too much at stake for everybody invested in the game. From those who run the league's, the media, the fans, and even the government, nobody wants to see if there is an issue in this country because it's the world's favourite event.

Another issue is that fans don't pull in the same direction. We all complain about what happens to our club, but take the piss out of other fans when they get shafted. The inherent tribalism in football works like a perfect "divide and conquer" for the powers that be.

Yep, the Rag/Dipper/Spud/Chav/Arse cheating cunts, but I'll laugh if it ever happens to them. All in the name of banter though ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dimples » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:09 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

Yep, the Rag/Dipper/Spud/Chav/Arse cheating cunts, but I'll laugh if it ever happens to them. All in the name of banter though ;-)

In fairness it has happened to Chelsea Vs. Barcelona 1-1 in CL semi 2nd leg 2009
They were cheated that night. It was so blatant. Drogba lost the head after the match.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Outcast » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:24 pm

The old say; 'these things even themselves out'- well fuck me three games in a row decisions going against us? Whether we played poorly is irrelevant, in tight matches every advantage counts. If we came back with 3-1 defeat against the dippers the pendulum would have swung in our favour going into the next 2 matches but as it stood left us with a mountain to climb. As it stood, Pep should have played full strength against the munchens and secured the title then gamble against the dippers; to bounce back from two defeats against top sides in short space was rather an impossible task. I suppose this is all hindsight now.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby failsworthblue » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:12 pm

Absolutely 100% that the Champions League is fixed along with UEFA.

We will never be allowed to win it , it will just continue to rotate around Real , Barca and Byern and the Rags will eventually be allowed to win it if they can ever muster a decent team enough in the future.

I did not attend any of the games this season and I never will again.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby john68 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:12 pm

Outcast wrote:The old say; 'these things even themselves out'- well fuck me three games in a row decisions going against us? Whether we played poorly is irrelevant, in tight matches every advantage counts. If we came back with 3-1 defeat against the dippers the pendulum would have swung in our favour going into the next 2 matches but as it stood left us with a mountain to climb. As it stood, Pep should have played full strength against the munchens and secured the title then gamble against the dippers; to bounce back from two defeats against top sides in short space was rather an impossible task. I suppose this is all hindsight now.

The old say fuck all like that. As an old fukker, I have been banging on about corruption on this site for a number of years.

Could it be the young that are inexperienced and naive that have ignored this issue? Or would that have be just as stupid sa statement?

Try the media, the pundits and other mainstream media outlets for their contiuous brainwashing that refs are human and we all make mistakes.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby nottsblue » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:26 pm

john68 wrote:
Outcast wrote:The old say; 'these things even themselves out'- well fuck me three games in a row decisions going against us? Whether we played poorly is irrelevant, in tight matches every advantage counts. If we came back with 3-1 defeat against the dippers the pendulum would have swung in our favour going into the next 2 matches but as it stood left us with a mountain to climb. As it stood, Pep should have played full strength against the munchens and secured the title then gamble against the dippers; to bounce back from two defeats against top sides in short space was rather an impossible task. I suppose this is all hindsight now.

The old say fuck all like that. As an old fukker, I have been banging on about corruption on this site for a number of years.

Could it be the young that are inexperienced and naive that have ignored this issue? Or would that have be just as stupid sa statement?

Try the media, the pundits and other mainstream media outlets for their contiuous brainwashing that refs are human and we all make mistakes.

Perhaps he meant the old saying?

Of course thats a myth as well, as you might get a decision go in your favour but it could be when you are already 3-0 up against a poor outfit where the game is already won
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby patrickblue » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:28 pm

john68 wrote:

As another old bastard, I have to agree.
Fuckin kids
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby zuricity » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:33 pm

john68 wrote:

Quite right John , the old quote meaningful things like “.... a little learning is a dangerous thing “

The see saw of bad/dubious decisions is firmly rooted with the cheats on the ground , for years (“He walked at me in a dangerous way , so i sent him off”). We’re left up in the air !

I think pep recognised this last year , which is why we had to go on the offensive in our games. You cant penalise good play.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum