Conversion rate

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Conversion rate

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:09 am

In isolated games this season our conversion rate hasn't been good enough however it is not a problem with this team in general.

Here are the conversion rates for the top 6 so far this season in Premier League games.

City score 1 every 6.2 shots or 1 every 2.5 shots on target.

Utd score 1 every 6.8 shots or 1 every 2.4 sot.

Liverpool 1 every 7.4 shots or 1 every 2.7 sot.

Spurs 1 every 8.4 shots or 1 every 2.9 sot.

Chelsea 1 every 9.6 shots or 1 every 3.6 sot.

Arsenal 1 every 8.3 shots or 1 every 3.2 sot.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Re: Conversion rate

Postby Original Dub » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:19 am

It's always important to keep improving, but I'll take being the best every season.

Negative nige won't like this thread.
Original Dub

Postby patrickblue » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:09 am

Those top three stats, City, rags and scouse, didn't ring very true when it mattered.
You can look at stats all you like, the truth is, that certainly in the CL games, we hardly troubled their keeper.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:48 am

patrickblue wrote:Those top three stats, City, rags and scouse, didn't ring very true when it mattered.
You can look at stats all you like, the truth is, that certainly in the CL games, we hardly troubled their keeper.

it also doesn’t take into consideration gilt edged chances that don’t result in shots - amazing crosses fizzed across the 6 yard box with no one there to finish them off, misplaced simple passes, people not releasing runners etc...
football stats are wank - see fernandinho having 15% possession in the everton game as a prime example
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:49 am

patrickblue wrote:Those top three stats, City, rags and scouse, didn't ring very true when it mattered.

Every game matters.

Like I acknowledged above, in isolated games we haven't been anyway near clinical enough but as a general criticism of this team/squad it does not stand up.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Original Dub » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:00 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Every game matters.

Like I acknowledged above, in isolated games we haven't been anyway near clinical enough but as a general criticism of this team/squad it does not stand up.

Fact.
Original Dub

Postby Clowncrete » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:18 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Every game matters.

Exactly, that's why we are top of the league and flying but out of 2 cup competitions. Let's also not forget how young our front 3 of Jesus, sane and sterling are.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby Crossie » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:39 pm

I’m amazed by that.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby zuricity » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:36 pm

I’m getting 1.18 chf to the Euro at the moment . Brilliant that i did my negotiations when the Euro was almost at 1:1.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Return to The Maine Football forum