Negative spin - get a grip

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Negative spin - get a grip

Postby Dimples » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:49 pm

I am really annoyed about two things:

1. A 13 point lead in the PL and a LC win are somehow being spun as a disaster (by our enemies)
2. Some City fans are buying into this

You would think that:
1. the Rags derby win was an achievement greater than a 13 point lead in the PL
2. the Dippers CL victory makes them a better team than us

We lost all three matches because of corrupt decisions (and an attack on our players) - end of story - not up for debate.

Could City fans who are buying into the propaganda start thinking and engage with their brains.
This has been a fantastic season for us. Next season will be even better - just look at the team's age profile, talent coming through.....

Get a grip!
User avatar
Dimples
Superman's Underpants
 
Posts: 690
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:05 am
Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Re: Negative spin - get a grip

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:08 pm

Other than the blatant cheeting over the last three games as you say, I think some of us (me included) are shell shocked that we lost all 3 on the bounce having only lost two games in the previous 9 months or so.

I am sure come match day tomorrow i will be champing at the bit and looking forward to normal service to resuming.
Born A Blue

Image
User avatar
CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6683
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:33 pm
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire

Re: Negative spin - get a grip

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:19 pm

CTID Hants wrote:Other than the blatant cheeting over the last three games as you say, I think some of us (me included) are shell shocked that we lost all 3 on the bounce having only lost two games in the previous 9 months or so.

I am sure come match day tomorrow i will be champing at the bit and looking forward to normal service to resuming.


We'd lost 4 in the previous 9 months. We've lost 5 of our past 10 games.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
User avatar
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9002
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:43 pm
Location: Sarajevo, BiH
Supporter of: Team Bridge

Re: Negative spin - get a grip

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:38 pm

yes we had some poor (ok, f*cking terrible) refereeing and our coach was bricked, but that doesn't tell the whole story. it doesn't explain how EVERY one of our players can turn into a complete coward at anfield. how sterling can miss THREE f*cking sitters in one game. how we can completely switch off at 2-0 at home...IN A DERBY. ugh.
Sideshow Bob
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5112
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:19 am
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Re: Negative spin - get a grip

Postby aaron bond » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:02 pm

We've played our strongest line-up all season and the same formation.

For the past 3 games Pep decided to do something completely different to all of that.

If he returns to normal tomorrow, we'll beat Spurs.

Pep has messed around with the team in the past 3 games like he did last season and we've looked awful.

He needs to stop with his stupid experiments at key moments and we'll be fine.
aaron bond
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3694
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:11 pm
Location: Singapore
Supporter of: City

Re: Negative spin - get a grip

Postby Outcast » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:06 pm

We are still not quite there to win the champions league. We have been progressing consistently throughout the years, at one stage we couldn't make it past group stage for seasons, now we are regularly making the quarter finals. One or two hurdles before we consistently will be making the semis on reguarl basis or expected to. I expect us to make the semis next season if not win it then the following season to make a serious challenge. I don't think spending money matters much in the competetion although the enemies will use it to beat us with it, it's about gaining experience and developing a pedigree. I don't think we intend to pull off a one off stunt like the Scouse or Porto then disappear into the abyss. We are here and will remain here for the long term to their displeasure. I personally hate this toss pot but we have to win it. Winning this toss pot will demoralise and counter future arguments about 'hisssstry' with the enemy.
Outcast
Robinho's Step Over
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:33 pm
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: Negative spin - get a grip

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:07 pm

I’ve not bought in to the bullshit the media are saying.
I do feel deflated as fuck though! If the rag game and Liverpool matches were spread out it might have been better. But it’s literally knocked my excitement for us winning the league.
Mase
Allison's Big Fat Cigar
 
Posts: 18218
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Negative spin - get a grip

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:12 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:yes we had some poor (ok, f*cking terrible) refereeing and our coach was bricked, but that doesn't tell the whole story. it doesn't explain how EVERY one of our players can turn into a complete coward at anfield. how sterling can miss THREE f*cking sitters in one game. how we can completely switch off at 2-0 at home...IN A DERBY. ugh.


Not good omens for Saturday when you put it like that.
Image
iwasthere2012
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8527
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:14 pm
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Re: Negative spin - get a grip

Postby london blue 2 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:15 pm

Mase wrote:I’ve not bought in to the bullshit the media are saying.
I do feel deflated as fuck though! If the rag game and Liverpool matches were spread out it might have been better. But it’s literally knocked my excitement for us winning the league.

Funny I was saying this in two other threads and got called out for it, funny how some posters....

Only joking Tokyo. :roll:
Image
london blue 2
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8715
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 10:32 am
Location: london
Supporter of: MCFC

Re: Negative spin - get a grip

Postby Bear60 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:21 pm

You beat me to it I was in the pub earlier thinking we have been through a lot worse than this over the years . Don't get me wrong I am pissed off with the way the last week has panned out but there's fuck all we can do about it so stop whinging and moaning and fucking get on with it Shit happens
Image
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles
 
Posts: 2375
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:15 pm
Location: Oswestry
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Re: Negative spin - get a grip

Postby ruralblue » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:46 pm

Bear60 wrote:You beat me to it I was in the pub earlier thinking we have been through a lot worse than this over the years . Don't get me wrong I am pissed off with the way the last week has panned out but there's fuck all we can do about it so stop whinging and moaning and fucking get on with it Shit happens


And so say all of us!!!

Hope ya well big man x
Image
ruralblue
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10266
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:27 pm
Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Re: Negative spin - get a grip

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:47 pm

Bear60 wrote:You beat me to it I was in the pub earlier thinking we have been through a lot worse than this over the years . Don't get me wrong I am pissed off with the way the last week has panned out but there's fuck all we can do about it so stop whinging and moaning and fucking get on with it Shit happens


The season has been great Bear but I can’t wait for it to be over. I want us to wrap this up as quickly as possible.
I suppose the worst if it is being surrounded by Liverpool supporters in work including the boss who haven’t a clue what we’re talking about when it comes to the dark truths of football.
Honestly wasting my breath trying to educate them, so I don’t bother.
The other half around me support the Rags.

Surprisingly, or maybe not, they get it far quicker.

One Rag workmate hoped we smashed them as did a Chelsea mate.
The Rag mate knows full well the whole thing is rigged towards maximising profit for the old boys club. They figured that out years ago.

Liverpool fans just can’t be told.
Although my best mate is a Liverpool fan and thanks to me his eyes have been opened.

Winning the league and the cup will be great, but it will be totally overshadowed if the Scouse bastards win the CL.
It’s all you’ll hear about.
It’s all you’ll hear about anywAy until they’re knocked out.

It gets tiresome. A lot of people are just fed up with the whole circus, without actually being too down with the team.
Image
iwasthere2012
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8527
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:14 pm
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Re: Negative spin - get a grip

Postby Original Dub » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:55 pm

It's exactly as I thought it would be with the media.

They kept calling us the greatest ever and are now saying "they thought they were the greatest ever".

All we've done is break records, play the most beautiful football the league has ever seen and have a bad week.

We might not win it this weekend. We might not win it next weekend. We will win it though and we will still be the most attractive and impressive team ever to win the premier league.

The past week should just reinforce the fact that the propaganda machine had to back peddle for a little bit, but will never veer from their main mission. And that mission is keeping the masses happy.

Both dippers and rags right now are all over the place pointing at us. Laughing and celebrating.

Neither have won anything this season. Not a single trophy. We're about to win our second.

But based on how our "disaster" of a season is being reported, they feel like they've won. That they were right all along.

It's a funny old game.

Only we'll be the ones laughing when we're sitting in our back garden having a beer in the close season.
Something could get pretty rotten in the state of Swampland. . . it could just turn out even better than a particularly gory episode of "I, Claudius".
The only thing more entertaining will be our football..
User avatar
Original Dub
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17217
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:41 pm
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: Breasts
My favourite player is: Aguero

Re: Negative spin - get a grip

Postby ruralblue » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:10 pm

Original Dub wrote:It's exactly as I thought it would be with the media.

They kept calling us the greatest ever and are now saying "they thought they were the greatest ever".

All we've done is break records, play the most beautiful football the league has ever seen and have a bad week.

We might not win it this weekend. We might not win it next weekend. We will win it though and we will still be the most attractive and impressive team ever to win the premier league.

The past week should just reinforce the fact that the propaganda machine had to back peddle for a little bit, but will never veer from their main mission. And that mission is keeping the masses happy.

Both dippers and rags right now are all over the place pointing at us. Laughing and celebrating.

Neither have won anything this season. Not a single trophy. We're about to win our second.

But based on how our "disaster" of a season is being reported, they feel like they've won. That they were right all along.

It's a funny old game.

Only we'll be the ones laughing when we're sitting in our back garden having a beer in the close season.


We're all sitting in ya back garden? Mines a Port n' lemonade x
Image
ruralblue
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10266
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:27 pm
Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Re: Negative spin - get a grip

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:17 pm

Fuck me they even showed peg and pep post derby interviews on Googlebox, first time football ever mentioned on Googlebox ever, it had to be after derby defeat to rags grrrrrrrrrrrr :idea:
Harry Dowd scored
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:01 pm
Location: Londonderry
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Negative spin - get a grip

Postby Bear60 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:18 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Bear60 wrote:You beat me to it I was in the pub earlier thinking we have been through a lot worse than this over the years . Don't get me wrong I am pissed off with the way the last week has panned out but there's fuck all we can do about it so stop whinging and moaning and fucking get on with it Shit happens


The season has been great Bear but I can’t wait for it to be over. I want us to wrap this up as quickly as possible.
I suppose the worst if it is being surrounded by Liverpool supporters in work including the boss who haven’t a clue what we’re talking about when it comes to the dark truths of football.
Honestly wasting my breath trying to educate them, so I don’t bother.
The other half around me support the Rags.

Surprisingly, or maybe not, they get it far quicker.

One Rag workmate hoped we smashed them as did a Chelsea mate.
The Rag mate knows full well the whole thing is rigged towards maximising profit for the old boys club. They figured that out years ago.

Liverpool fans just can’t be told.
Although my best mate is a Liverpool fan and thanks to me his eyes have been opened.

Winning the league and the cup will be great, but it will be totally overshadowed if the Scouse bastards win the CL.
It’s all you’ll hear about.
It’s all you’ll hear about anywAy until they’re knocked out.

It gets tiresome. A lot of people are just fed up with the whole circus, without actually being too down with the team.


I know mate I am also surrounded by dippers and rags and they're all out of the woodwork now fuck em . It's an army thing with me , you get pissed off but you just have to get on with the situation that your in and the way I see it right now is we were all
Expecting to beat the dippers and win the league in record time against our fiercest rivals but it never happened and we have just got to accept it and move on not long before the second trophy the most important one is in the bag so on reflection it's still a great season
Image
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles
 
Posts: 2375
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:15 pm
Location: Oswestry
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Re: Negative spin - get a grip

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:33 am

Oh, they are hurting and there only crumbs of joy through those salty tears is to somehow denigrate this team. And to think, this is only the second year of new coming!

Remember what they said about Pep's tactics, they won't cut it, he's been found out. Well, if an early cup, probable PL and a quarter final where we were truly shafted are being found out, then I'd suggest they've got the issue, not our club.

Let the 'Istree boys celebrate their 'Beating City's trophy, just as we did with them, in the past.

How our roles have reversed, eh?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
User avatar
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 34819
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 am
Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: Negative spin - get a grip

Postby Original Dub » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:30 am

ruralblue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:It's exactly as I thought it would be with the media.

They kept calling us the greatest ever and are now saying "they thought they were the greatest ever".

All we've done is break records, play the most beautiful football the league has ever seen and have a bad week.

We might not win it this weekend. We might not win it next weekend. We will win it though and we will still be the most attractive and impressive team ever to win the premier league.

The past week should just reinforce the fact that the propaganda machine had to back peddle for a little bit, but will never veer from their main mission. And that mission is keeping the masses happy.

Both dippers and rags right now are all over the place pointing at us. Laughing and celebrating.

Neither have won anything this season. Not a single trophy. We're about to win our second.

But based on how our "disaster" of a season is being reported, they feel like they've won. That they were right all along.

It's a funny old game.

Only we'll be the ones laughing when we're sitting in our back garden having a beer in the close season.


We're all sitting in ya back garden? Mines a Port n' lemonade x


Anytime Jimbo !
Something could get pretty rotten in the state of Swampland. . . it could just turn out even better than a particularly gory episode of "I, Claudius".
The only thing more entertaining will be our football..
User avatar
Original Dub
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17217
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:41 pm
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: Breasts
My favourite player is: Aguero

Re: Negative spin - get a grip

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:45 am

The points we have on the scum renders the red cunts irrelevant. The sooner you get your head around that the more fun you will have. Trust me I am peed off losing to them, but a week on still raw but 13 is a nice number.
Hazy2
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6321
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:34 am
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: Negative spin - get a grip

Postby Outcast » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:10 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Oh, they are hurting and there only crumbs of joy through those salty tears is to somehow denigrate this team. And to think, this is only the second year of new coming!

Remember what they said about Pep's tactics, they won't cut it, he's been found out. Well, if an early cup, probable PL and a quarter final where we were truly shafted are being found out, then I'd suggest they've got the issue, not our club.

Let the 'Istree boys celebrate their 'Beating City's trophy, just as we did with them, in the past.

How our roles have reversed, eh?


They will not win the chimps league this year, they only seem to have a hard-on for city. They are already talking about the final and dismissing Roma such as their arrogance. The way they play have to be 100% on it, not sure they can raise it against an inferior team. I can't bring myself to say they might do, the internet will be unbearable for 6 months.
I would rather be in our position winning the league more often than the odd chimps league. We will win it at some point in spite of the haters and corruption, they can rub salt into our wounds for now but deep down we all know they want the premier league more than anything. I doubt they can play with the same intensity like they did aguaist us throughout a whole season. Do we sacrifice premier league and focus on chimps league alone? I believe thats counter productive and unecessary gamble. Im sure Pep is working on it for next season albeit i believe he made crucial mistakes in his last three matches.

P.s there is a chance the rags and dippers will end the season with nothing.
Outcast
Robinho's Step Over
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:33 pm
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva


Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: fangsanalsatan, Foreverinbluedreams, Google [Bot], Lev Bronstein, Mase, Original Dub, patrickblue and 55 guests